PDA

View Full Version : Nice Swimming in Sacramento area?

Celia
07-13-2012, 02:24 AM
My friend and I were looking for some nice swimming spots in the Sacramento area. :D We actually recently moved to Sacramento, so we're kinda lost in whats where.
We're looking for pools, lakes, bays or ocean areas that're nice to swim at. I don't mind driving too, so that isn't much of an issue. Does anyone have any nice places they go to? Also, hows Folsom lake and Lake Tahoe?
Thanks again~ Looking forward to meeting you guys too. <3

Rain
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
There is a place called Paradise Beach, I haven't been there yet but I might go sometime in August. >_> But to me, it doesn't look like the paradise I imagine lol. (at least from the pictures I've seen) http://www.riverparksacramento.net/images/Paradise-Beach.pdf

Raina Matthews
07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Folsom lake isn't too bad the swim in. there are a few protected coves that the boat/jetski users tend to avoid. Wasn't the clearest water in the world, but overall pretty good for swimming

Celia
07-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I had heard a little about Paradise Beach too. People say its good for swimming. It wasn't look much like a paradise though. XD But who knows until you go and see yourself right?
Its too bad that the Rivers around Sacramento are supposedly really nasty to swim in. At least from what people tell me. But I'll probably try Folsom and Lake Tahoe. Does anyone swim in the ocean waters?

green52
07-25-2012, 12:55 AM
The farthest beach north I've been to is Big Sur. That was very cold, though. How is it near Sacremento?

Rain
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
x.x I've lived around different places in Sacramento but I haven't seen any really good place to swim in besides the water parks. The best beaches are all the way down south around San Diego and stuff (about a 9 hour drive), but places like Santa Cruz (I think this was a 2-4 hour drive, I don't remember lol) are pretty good, although I'm not sure about how warm it is. I've been looking for a good beach to go to, but I can't afford to go anywhere down south, so I'm just sticking to the north, around San Fransisco Bay. That's the best I've got. >_< in Sacramento, I think you'd have to stick with either folsom lake or a river :<

ChelSEA
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Im in San Francisco currently(I travel a lot) and I found a small lake that I don't think is too bad if SF isn't too bar, the El Cerrito area specifically