PDA

View Full Version : Doll Collectors!

MermaidSaku
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Well with all honesty aside from being a mermaid i am a Goth girl. I've got to tell you i have seriously fallen in love with Monster High Dolls. It sounds weird and might look even worse because i am 21 years old but these dolls were my dream to have as a kid and now they have them!Dolls i won't rip the limbs off of to make better because the limbs already come off and snap back on! xD
Awesome sauce

So here are the dolls i currently have. :0

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/CIMG2635.jpg
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/CIMG2640.jpg

I wanted to make this post so that doll collectors can share pics of their dolls ^^.

Moonflower
07-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I collect MH too! But, only the ones I like (not all of them, I mean). I have Dawn of the Dance Lagoona Blue and Gloom Beach Frankie Stein.

I also collect asian ball-jointed resin dolls.

MermaidSaku
07-30-2011, 01:12 AM
I am hoping to get all of the girls. I really want Frankie stein in black and white but they don't sell it anymore accept on ebay and it's about 200 bucks.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-30-2011, 01:24 AM
My favorite dolls to collect are vintage Barbie and friends/family(I collect Barbie's from the beginning in 1959 to about the late '80s/early '90s, my personal favorite Barbie family doll/character being Francie, Barbie's small-busted teenage cousin from the '60s and '70s), vintage Topper Dawn(a tiny 6" Barbie-like line from the early '70s), Hasbro Jem(rock star fashion doll of the '80s), Kenner Darci(poseable fashion doll of the late '70s/early '80s), and Hasbro Maxie(teenage fashion doll from the late '80s).

jukumerboii
07-30-2011, 03:24 AM
i dnt have any dolls...YET! but i love looking at pictures of them and drawing them, specially mermaid dolls. i remember when i 1st heard about monster high on flickr and was counting down the days of the 1st pics to come out with the other doll collectors on there,,,INSTANT LOVE! i love lagoona, clawdeen, clawd, and duece.

Winged Mermaid
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
In terms of the "toy" dolls: I have some collector dolls but I'm not really a collector. I like them as eye candy though :) Back when I was a kid my sister and I were trying to collect all of the world dolls- each doll from a different country and in their traditional cultural clothing. We got a lot of them, but not all. I still have all the barbies from my childhood in storage back home as well :)

In terms of porcelain dolls- every year I get a doll from my parents. My sister gets a snow globe and my brother gets a nutcracker. It's kind of a collection thing but we're not too active about it. I'll love whenever I have a house and therefore room to store and display them!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
I think the Monster High line is very creative and interesting, but I personally prefer to collect older dolls, as I like the pop culture history they represent. If any of you find yourself drooling over the clothes while watching Mad Men, I highly recommend Googling vintage Barbie and checking out how well-made and true to the time period the fashions were, even if Barbie collecting isn't your thing.