PDA

View Full Version : Epic Chainmail Guru!

Lyna
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
For those of you Mers who love chainmail or also attend Renn faire's and the like...I just HAD to share my chainmail guy with you all! He made me a bikini top to size for only 40 BUCKS!! That's HALF of the next price away. Not only that, but he also took it back and made adjustements on it for FREE and then REIMBURSED me shipping on something I requested! Unbelievable, right? I was so impressed, that ven though he didn't offer it in his store, I asked him to make me a custom belt by my design and he did for a fraction of any other chain mailer I have seen. His work is incredible and his customer service is to die for. He replies immediately and is so friggin nice. So if chainmail is a fun spin you'd like to add to your cosplay get-ups, here's his etsy store.
www.etsy.com/shop/graywolfschainmaille (http://www.etsy.com/shop/graywolfschainmaille)
Happy mermaiding!

Mermaid Lorelei
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Ooh, there are some nice pieces in there.

Winged Mermaid
07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
What is awesome for mermaid cosplay is scalemail! They make it in all kinds of colors. I actually commissioned a leather worker to make me a pair of leather and scalemail bracers designed to look like mermaid scales, but it fell through :( I may make them myself one day. If you do chainmail backing for scalemail though it is super expensive. It takes special tools and the time and effort involved is ridiculous.

Chainmail is also awesome for bellydancing! Though everyone wears bellydancer stuff to Ren Fairs anyway :P My hubby is a beginner and first thing he made me was a chain mail belt (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/200496_139495056121236_1028386_n.jpg). I wore that with a corset to a goth club :thumbs-up:

That being said I don't see why people wear a chainmail thong or bikini bottom X_x So. much. pinching. *twitch*

Lyna
07-18-2012, 07:48 PM
yea yea. i'll post pics of my pieces later. i love belly dancing get up. i bought my chain mail to go with a set of giraffe fur mini skirts and boot covers my friend is making me. i wanted to pair that with a chainmail bikini top with breastless leather vest over top. ended up getting the belt because my husband said it was going to clash...so i appeased him pulling the outfit together. (like it matters at faire)
and we saw a place online that does scale mail....not bracers per say because they went from wrist over back of hand to middle finger, but they came in any color you wanted. they were $70. i like the metal flower hair clips they had made of the same scales.

Lyna
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
here's me with human legs rocking his chainmail after a photoshoot i did today. i'll have the real pictures in several days if anyone's interested. i know you cant see the belt well.

Lyna
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
got one teaser back so far from my set i did in this outfit...so here it is:

Ayla of Duluth
07-25-2012, 03:36 PM
You know, someone with a buoyant neoprene tail who has issues staying underwater could probably wear some chain mail incorporated into their costume as a sort of secret weight belt. Maybe a fluklet (anklet) or a pretty belt and bra like the pics in this thread. Might work.

Lyna
07-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Chainmail is really quite light weight, unless you have a lot of it on.

Mermaid Annariea
07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
well, guys, it looks liuke chainmail is now not only totally badass, but also super sexy too.
my boyfriend has a chainmail shirt that his friends mom gave to him. her friend made it, but theyre moving to scotland and just dont have much more space. its awesome. and super heavy.