PDA

View Full Version : Finis Foil Monofin is too tight! Help!

spottedcatfish
07-19-2012, 02:47 AM
So I have a Finis Foil Monofin, and it fits my left foot fine, but my right foot is a little bit wider around the toes, and it is way too tight on my right foot. :-(

Does anyone have any ideas for how to make the foot pocket a bit more wider for my right foot. I guess I could carve into the rubber side and widen it a little bit. But I don't want to break the foot pocket. I'm wondering if the foot pockets on the Finis Wave or Rapid, are more flexible and less rigid than on the Foil. I have an XS, and it fits a little too well. Do the bigger sizes have wider foot pockets?

I hope I can get some answers.

Raayvhen
07-19-2012, 11:51 AM
If its really rubber couldn't you just dip it into a hot tub and let it mold around your foot?

spottedcatfish
07-20-2012, 02:20 AM
I'll have to try that. I hope it works. Does the hot tub need to be a specific temperature? It's no so much molding as getting the foot pockets to loosen up.

spottedcatfish
07-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Well I tried just about everything, and i have resolved that the mono fin I have is too small. So i plan to return it, but I have a wide foot with a high arch. Does anyone have any recommendations for a monofin that would be a better fit for my foot? I do find that fins feel better on my feet than foot pockets. Any suggestions?

Mermaid Arianna
07-30-2012, 07:02 PM
look at the stretching monofin straps thread, the ice method works to stretch the pockets too, sorry this is probably too late.

spottedcatfish
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
look at the stretching monofin straps thread, the ice method works to stretch the pockets too, sorry this is probably too late.

Yes, your advice came a bit too late. But I have to try this ice method. Do you have a link to it? I plan to get the next size up, and then hopefully work on my technique with swimming n a monofin.

Lyna
07-30-2012, 08:16 PM
the video for the ice trick is on youtube.
i tried heating up hot bath water with some boiling water and letting my fin soak....then wearing it while it cooled.
also you can try heating it with a blowdrying and pulling on it gently.

spottedcatfish
07-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll try this. But hopefully the fin I get will be the right size, even if it's big I can wear booties to keep my feet warm.

Mermaid Arianna
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?2613-Stretching-ankle-straps

here is the link to the thread, it has all the info