PDA

View Full Version : Mer.Yuku.com offically deleted

Winged Mermaid
07-20-2012, 02:56 AM
End of an era! Mer.Yuku.com, our original site is now officially deleted. Yuku did some revamping and house cleaning, and so our forum was cleaned out. It's kind of sad to see it go, but we've moved on to bigger and better things :) Just thought I'd let you guys know. All the old members getting nostalgic? We've had a lot of people come and go since then.

LittleAmy
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh no :O
I had the project to find all the Hannah Fraser's topic before the delete of the forum :'(
Too many info (for me) in the trash so so sad :'(

Ayla of Duluth
07-20-2012, 01:36 PM
so all the archives on this forum from yuku are gone?

Winged Mermaid
07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
so all the archives on this forum from yuku are gone?

All the archive topics that we manually moved over are still here. We only moved over what we thought were the important topics because it was a lengthy process to archive a thread . In the end I don't see it as a big of a loss now that this site has been up and running so long. Heck there are multiple pages of threads beyond the threads you see listed when you first click on a forum section for a lot of them, and pretty much no one ever looks through those. Plus the majority of the threads on MerYuku are way outdated by now.

green52
07-30-2012, 02:09 AM
It feels like closure. I had my concerns, but it became clear a while ago that this was a huge step up.

AniaR
07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
they did ask for input on moving things over ;) a LOT was moved over. I think it's good closure too! :)

malinghi
07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
When we first transitioned to this site, it was so discouraging to leave behind all those threads and start from scratch. But now that the forum has hundreds of members and thousands of threads its a lot easier to part with mer.yuku.com.