PDA

View Full Version : Hy from Mediterranean Sea!!!

Mermaid Kassandra
07-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello everyone! :D
I'm Mermaid Merlia (not the Barbie doll please it's different my name doesn't have the "h" and I have nothing to do with the film anyway...) and I'm the only siren that lives near the coasts of italy.
I have always loved mermaids and dreamed of becoming one of them!
My favourite film is still "The little Mermaid" of Disney :)
I remember when I was a child and in summer I couldn't wait to go to the seaside and stay on my reef that was quite exactly like the one where Ariel sings in the film....my mother one day told me that I shouldn't stay there because near the sea's rocks there are crabs and they would have hurt me, do you know what I answered? "That's great!In this way I can also meet Sebastian!" :lol:
I spent all the time in the water swimming like a mermaid and pretending to be the princess of the oceans XD....well I still do it,I mean swimming moving my legs as if they are a tail.

I never though about the possibility to become a real mermaid even if I always wished to....but everything changed when I saw by mistake a video on youtube of Mermaid Melissa and I immediatly wondered where could I buy a tail like her blue one that is enchanting!But Mike Van Daal's tails are too much expensive for me!
So going around on the web I saw the Mermaid Hanna's website where she advised to buy the tail from The Mertailor and I was very bound by his tails' shine and beauty, but alerted by the high price and the fact that he wanted to be paid first I decided to seek for opinions from precendent customers and I found this forum that I really like 'cause is very simple to understand and useful! ;)

Now I'm still waiting to purcase an indestructible tail to start doing something :) my dream is to become a professional mermaid and make people happy with what I love to do :D

Now talking about that can someone suggest me where I can buy a tail that really is as good as you pay and is resistant,without requiring a lot of maintenance?

Well that's everything for the moment,I think I'll stop here to bore you XD

Kitty-Madison Snel
07-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Hi :-) A warm welcome from Holland. Nice to meet another European mermaid!

Thalassa
07-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Welcome!

Fish Butts (formerly Mermaid Parties) makes lovely tails that are nice for the price. However, I've heard if you really want durability you want to go silicone...but those are definitely more pricey. I think Raven (MerBellas) makes a less expensive model...

Nyx
07-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Welcome!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Welcome! Where in Italy are you? I have family near Turino, relatives near Napoli, friends in La Marche, and three unmarried great aunts in the very tip of Calabria. I have visited the country several times, and my parents actually just got back from one of my cousins' weddings there and some time in the small beach town of Cupra di Maritima (which, incidentally, features an rather large seashell museum).

Sea Pearl
07-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome Mermaid Merlia!

Mermaid Kassandra
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies and your warm welcome!!!:)

Kitty-Madison Snel nice to meet you too!!!Yes another European mermaid and I think it is right that our numbers will grow by the way is in Europe that has born the legend of mermaids. :):)

Thank you very much Thalassa for your advices I will see what MerBellas offers :D

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! First of all thank you for your welcome! ;) I live in La Spezia in the northern part of Italy one hour by car from Turin, but my origins are Neapolitan and several times I go to Napoli to see my relatives.
Do you like Italy?Anyway I think you prefer the warm hospitality of your country :)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I do like Italy, though until I got my Kindle, I had to stuff my bags with books, since I don't speak Italian (except to order Gelato... I know all the flavors), and that makes things awkward. I love Venice, Rome can be impressive (and I've barely scratched the surface there), Sorrento is beautiful (if difficult to drive in), Locri is cool with all the ancient Greek ruins, the aforementioned Gelato is delicious, and the people are friendly and helpful, in my experience.

Mermaid Kassandra
07-24-2012, 05:07 AM
That's great! XD
I just love ice cream!!! :D
Seen that you are a merman I would suggest you go to Capri, Ischia or Sardinia, there the water is crystal clear and there is a breathtaking landscape both underwater and around so you can take pictures of incredible beauty in one of the most finest places of our sea where it is warm almost all year round!:)

Madison
07-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Welcome! :D

Mermaid Kassandra
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank you ;)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
I've actually been to Capri (well, around it... I never actually set foot on the island, but took a boat tour) and saw the Blue Grotto, the Green Grotto, the White Grotto and the rocks of the sirens. All of them were beautiful and impressive. My relatives have videos of a trip they took to Sardinia, and it looks stunning, but we've never been able to find a good trip/method of getting there in the past... so that'll be one for the future. I haven't heard much about Ischia, though.

Also, what are your favorite flavors? With Italian Gelato, I prefer Frutti di Bosco, Amarena or Fragola, though my sister prefers the more chocolate-y flavors.

Mermaid Kassandra
07-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Oh you really have to go!If you want I can suggest you some hotels or residence where you can go in summer and they aren't so expensive!

My favourite flavors are vanilla and all the fruit flavours :)
you also have an Italian food that you prefer to eat?

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
All kinds of pasta... particularly gnocchi, ravioli, spaghetti, fettucini alfredo, that really think, almost tissue-consistency lasagna, and also sepia. I've also figured out how to make nutella pizza for dessert.

Mermaid Kassandra
08-04-2012, 04:43 AM
Wow!!! :D
I love gnocchi and ravioli too!!!Have you tasted the tortellini?

Merman_Shawn
08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Greetings from across the Atlantic!

Mermaid Kassandra
08-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Thank you very much indeed!!!! :D
I love the Atlantic Ocean, one day I want to swim in it :)

Arella
08-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome :D

Mermaid Kassandra
08-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Thank you very much Freshwater Mermaid!!! :D

SilverSiren
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM
I second getting your tail from Raven of Merbellas! Read the threads and reviews of Mertailor before you go with him, I wont say anything more, but be informed before you make your decision. And... nom nom nom... Italy... Ice cream and pasta, it would be my heaven until I got home and realized I gained 20 pounds! lol. Welcome!

MermaidIvy
08-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I agree,Raven's tails are all beautiful. A bit too pricy for me, though! :)

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
welcome, merlia! ive always wanted to visit italy, as well as learn italian. its been one of my goals since i was like 5, haha. i bet its beautiful there!!
also, i agree about the tails, you should go with either fish butts or merbellas. (:

Mermaid Kassandra
03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Memraid Annariea I would like to invite all the community here in Italy and I dream that one day I'll mmanage to do it!A big huge mer-meeting here where I live, I think you'd like it :) I hope I can do it one day or another!