PDA

View Full Version : Sat, August 25th Merfriend Meetup !!

New York Mermaid
07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Calling all NY/NE Mermaids & Mermen!!

Once again We are doing a Merfriends Meet up on August 25th!! This will be serving as a Send off to our wonderful Cat aka Mermaid Lyna who will be moving to Texas :( so its her one last Mer hurrah with the NE Pod.

BRING YOUR TAILS (all types)/ MONOFINS even Mertenders /Assistants along and cameras as well be prepared because of course merpeople on the beach mean paparazzi. Lol

We will be meeting up at the New York Aquarium Boardwalk Entrance. As usual its meet up find a close spot on the beach take photos in tail then swim or talk etc., towards somewhere along the day lunch and then off from there..

So Who's going?

PS- I vote for a Group photo in and out of tail !

Lyna
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Whoot!!! It's gonna be SSOOOO fun!!! DEAR GAWD REMIND ME TO SUNSCREEN MY FACE! I just wore makeup for the first time last night since that night before last meeting. We're gonna have to bring picnic-y type stuff this time around...

New York Mermaid
07-29-2012, 02:13 PM
yep its going to be so much fun

Merman_Shawn
07-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Trying to get my hot little hands on a mono-fin! I'm so excited!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Are we actually planning to go inside the Aquarium, or just meet up outside it as an easily recognizable point? Is there an admission cost for the beach or the Aquarium (if we're going inside)?

New York Mermaid
07-30-2012, 12:09 AM
LOL we will be meeting at the NY Aquarium boardwalk entrance and off to the beach from there, no we wont be going into the aquarium:
http://www.inetours.com/New_York/Images/Brklyn/ConeyIsland/NY-Aquarium_5114.jpg

New York Mermaid
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Bringing this back up since the meetup is 2 weeks away. Im excited and i know many of us are as well, and as added treat we will be broadcasting live from my radio show *for about 30 min) and i will be having my vid cam this time..

Lyna
08-14-2012, 03:55 PM
sure are. and andrea will be tailed up this time as well! so we'll have even more mers, and hoping for a better turn out. hopefully mermaid mandy decides to come...and i also saw in the chesapeake thread that a couple people were planning to pod bomb us. which is fine.

New York Mermaid
08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
LOL The more the Mer-rier..

Lyna
08-17-2012, 05:24 PM
yes! you have to! i'm driving down from watertown...idk if you're along my route..

Merman_Shawn
08-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm all aquiver with anticipation!:D

Mermaid Saphira
08-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I wish I could join u all! Alast..I have school :p Have fun everymer!

New York Mermaid
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
You know I completely forgot to post up the video of the meetup in august, It was me, Jv the merwhale, Merman Shawn, Orca Matt and my mertender- the hubby Milton. - yes laugh at my many bloopers.(especially at 4:12 on- not the most graceful way to fight a wave) and sorry its so windy, there was a storm offshore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l0CHvIy4sw&feature=bf_next&list=UUdrSLwG6 oursNznROvgo-sg

Ashe
10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Cute video Lanai! Looks like you three had tons of fun! :)

New York Mermaid
10-04-2012, 01:12 AM
LOL we did we ate lunch and enjoyed our time together we were all exhausted by the time we got home. sad to say we didint see eachother september but this month we will