PDA

View Full Version : MERMAID ODETTE:major updates PHOTOS

Odette
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone. ive missed you guys! *big hugs all around* ive been a very busy mermaid with a bunch of events and info to share

VALLEY OF THE MOON: i was kept away from business while i directed the next play for Valley of the Moon, a historical fantasy park in Tucson. i wrote the script,directed, and sewed costumes for "Peter Pan".there was an article in the Arizona daily star about it but i never got to see it.4753
i made this tail for the performance and have a video of that scene.ill put it up soon.been very busy

HAWAII: i got to do a few gigs in hawaii. it was beautiful and expensive for everyone.not the smartest move for a small business,but i had connections.
one of the events was on the beach for a party. the kids went crazy and i swam for them and the most magical things happened. i come up to the surface and A WHALE TAIL WAS ABOUT 10 FT FROM ME. i seriously regret not having a photo of this or even a video clip, bu i had no idea they would be there as whale season just ended and im supposed to be swimming for the kids.i dont even expect anyone to belive me because its too amazing to believe, but i wont forget it.

the little girl gave me a flower and asked if i would come back.the other kids were asking me to talk to the sea cucumbers and crabs they kept picking up.so i put them up to my ear ans told them, " he says hes scared.he feels dry and wants to go home. you shoud put him back into the ocean". LOL. thankfully they did just that but kept bringing more.

i also got to mermaid for a snorkel cruise. it was amazing!!! this one guy told me how amazing it was to see a huge fish swim by him while he was snorkeling. i should have got a reference from him! i have a video to share soon but i messed up on my part.when you are talking to a camera you consitently look into the camera. time shouldnt have messed that up for me. that was bad but its still an important message.ill get on that soon i hope.

this was me preparing to enter the water before the dive.
i have made ALOT of professional connections in Hawaii and will be returning in the future. while i was there i also got to help protect turtles from the tourists for my hotel. cool experience, but alot of turtles there had fibropapillomas.nothing we can do there tho because no one has yet put together an actual wildlife rehab center on Maui.
i tried to get a fun video of me swimming underwater but my tail broke that day.that broke my heart but i shall next time.

PHEONIX COMICON: i did an event for the San Carlos hotel for pheonix comicon. the event was ok but not as amazing as i wanted.i was hoping for it to be a the Renaissance hotel but i did a mix up of info. learn from my mistakes! alot of mermaids said they were going but i only saw mermaid coral(good job,hun) and after talking to fans,she was the only one who got really good exposure from that event based on what the attendees told me.im doing it again next year but my performance is evolving right now.big stuff coming!

BOGDARE: an artist gallery group that has gained in popularity in Tucson.i bellydance for them a long time ago and they invited me to be part of their "4 elements art competition" its like alot of art soirees but this time there was a mermaid.

im working with Bogdare for a really super big event plan comming in 2014.i dont want to say too much but its taking my new mermaid aquatic show and probably the Minerva collection with a bunch of local and maybe even artist from around the U.S.

ALLURETHEMERMAIDSTORE: im opening an etsy.everything is going to be mostly based off of realism.what would be a real accessory for a mermaid? alot of my work is based on lures. thats why the store is called Allure: themermaid store.
4758 this is the scale patches ill be selling.

NEW GROUP: im planning to work with another mermaid to branch out business. she worked as Ariel in Disneyland and swam in a tank waving at kids.i know in the future once everythig settles down that ill need more mermaids.thats you guys. when i do, ill be auditioning with specifics. if you dont make it, ill give you advice. i want everyone who wants to perform to get the chance and the chance to do it well.i care about the mer community.

MERMAID SHOW: its starting off slow because the cost of props and water effects will be alot of money.i still need an estimate on one thing but it loos like the show costs maybe around $50000 maybe more. not sure yet.the moves are intense some mer moves wont be perfected for awhile.
some props include:
palm frond set(just started it yesterday)
rock chairs( one is being sculpted next week)
tent and canopy(got the canopy)
LED giant clam.(starting after september)
i have other props too like the giant rock pool which will be 7ft squared, but that one is gonna be awhile.

sorry for all the reading.im very busy and have 4 events this weekend.ill have another post on my new performance in september.check my facebook for more photos and updates!
and whatever good news has been happening to any of you, i wish i had time to read it but i am happy for you! <3

much love,
Mermaid Odette

Blondie
07-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow!!! Look at you go! Nothing's hold you back!

AniaR
07-24-2012, 09:04 PM
amazing

Winged Mermaid
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
You've been one busy mermaid! Look at you go!!! Can't wait to see more of your successes!

merboy78xy
07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Hey there! I loved hearing your adventures in Hawaii and seeing the pics!
I totally believe you about the whale... I remember the last time I was snorkeling in Hawaii, I heard them singing under the water and saw them breaching less than a mile out from me! so Magical!

I had a question about your tail... all of the scales look separate. Is that true? Did you hand-sew all your scales individually? Or are they in "patches?"
What are they made of? :)

Spindrift
07-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to see how everything turns out for you! Go go go! :D

Mermaid Saphira
07-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Yay! It's good to see your doing so well :D

Mermaid Sirena
07-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Thats fintastic! I can't wait to see where you go with this :)

Mermaid Aurora
07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow good luck with everything! MN is always here to help and encourage you. this is so inspiring omg!

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Sounds amazing, Mermaid Odette! Can't wait to hear more :)

Odette
07-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey there! I loved hearing your adventures in Hawaii and seeing the pics!
I totally believe you about the whale... I remember the last time I was snorkeling in Hawaii, I heard them singing under the water and saw them breaching less than a mile out from me! so Magical!

I had a question about your tail... all of the scales look separate. Is that true? Did you hand-sew all your scales individually? Or are they in "patches?"
What are they made of? :)

the scales are urethane and silicone.not sewn. i did put each one on individually.

merboy78xy
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
awesome! I'd love to see a closeup of the scales if you have a pic! I think that's a great idea! Did you "glue" them to the tail using silicone?