PDA

View Full Version : Greetings! Perpetually clueless here, the new Mermaid Gosalyn!

Mermaid Gosalyn
07-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi there! I'm Lucy, but my mersonality, as I like to call it, is Mermaid Gosalyn. While I have only just discovered the mermaid culture, and do not own a tail and haven't swam in one, I have always been a mermaid. When I was in my single digits I used to regularly watch Disney's The Little Mermaid, and spent hours crying because I was not born a "real" mermaid, when every fiber of my being said I should be; obviously I was born in the wrong body. I know it sounds crazy, but I still feel this way, only I have come to terms with the fact that I must live this life as a human, mostly. I still spend a lot of time day dreaming that I am a mermaid, and want to get and swim in a tail. I have always had and interest in fashion and design, and am now learning how to sew, and hope to soon make my own tail. It won't be perfect of course, but it will be awesome!

I have an immune disorder that complicates my dreams of mermaidom, but I am trying hard to work around it. It is called hypogammaglobulinemia for those that are curious. It has lead to other complications such as chronic pain and fatigue, and has unfortunately made me unable to work or be truly reliable. I never know when I am going to be hit by a sudden infection or overwhelming pain or fatigue, and thus can be kept from keeping my obligations or promises. Despite this I try really hard to be a dependable, honorable person who values and keeps her promises. I would really love to meet other mermaids and take part in mermaid events, but I and others must keep this in mind.

Speaking of which, Merpalooza is happening soon in Orlando, and I would so love to go I almost feel as if I shall explode. Unfortunately I have just moved, and funds are really tight. If anyone would like to share a hotel or maybe even a ride down, please let me know!

Please feel free to contact me here, or on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mermaidgosalyn (http://www.facebook.com/mermaidgosalyn) for any reason. :D

Thalassa
07-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Welcome, Mermaid Gosalyn! Happy to have you in the community!

Winged Mermaid
07-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome! Well just so you know, a lot of mermaid and mermen have long term injuries, illnesses, disorders, and disabilities- and of all different kinds. Even a few of the big name mermaids have degenerative diseases that can make their work extremely hard, but they are hard fighters! They're always prepared in case something happens where their illness may effect their performances or jobs. Even if that means switching gears at a kids party from swimming to story telling becuase of pain or sudden fatigue. So don't let that hold you back dear :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Thank you! Welcomes and encouragement are wonderful! I am so glad the mermaid community is so welcoming and full of spirit!

Lyna
07-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Oh honey, you sound like me....It's alright, most of us here are trans-species and going through our transformation procedures right along side of you. :D

MerAnthony
07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Well said Lyna. I couldn't agree with more.

Mermaid Gosalyn
07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you! It's so nice to know there are others that feel the way I do! I don't feel quite so lost anymore. :)

Nyx
07-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome!

Mermaid Gosalyn
07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Thank you! :D

Nixen Nicole
07-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the party lady! Don't let anything stand in your way! There are plenty of things you can do as a mer in and out of the water so don't let that hold you back. I am going to MerPalooza but due to location fiasco right nowI am not sure I have a room : ) I will let you know if we have any spare room as my best girl and soon to be part of the community Loxie Heidi will be with me. Hope we can get you there.

Nixen Nicole
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
PS there are going to be several mertail retailors there so maybe we can get you a tail.

Mermaid Saphira
07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
welcome to the forum :D

Mermaid Gosalyn
07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks Nicole! It turns out I can't really afford to go to Merpalooza for more than one day anyway, but I will be there on the 11th for the main events. I hope to see you there! (and that your room issues get resolved nicely)ETA: Thank you too, Aqua!