PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys!

darkmoonracer
07-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi guys, I'm Moon. I'm almost 15, and I'm hoping to get my first tail from Magictail. My family owns a small cottage on Cape Cod (My grandparents bought it in the 80s-90s) and I visit there a few weeks a year. I found out about mermaiding a few days ago, and knew I absolutely wanted to try it.

I'm starting with a fabric tail, but I'm hoping to move up to a silicon/ latex tail in a few years. I have lots of trouble with my ankles (I have to wear orthodics almost 24/7 and somedays I need to wear braces on them), but I'm hoping that this may help me strengthen up a bit more.

I don't know if I would make a job out of this, possibly a side job because I'm hoping to be a writer/artist or maybe a hobby. Though, I wouldn't mind working at Disney as a mermaid. (I've actually never been :lol:)

One more thing! If you had to choose between a turquoise green tail (looks sorta sky or ice blue) or a bright, neon green which would you choose?

Mermaid Azira
07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I have the brighter green magictail and my friend has the other green. The brighter one is actually yellow with bits of green. the turquoise one is actually blue with bits of green. I would get the brighter green but its not my choice.
Hope I helped and nice to meet you!

Kitty-Madison Snel
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi, Moon. Nice to meet you and be welcome :-)

Mermaid Annariea
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
welcome to mernetwork, moon :D
as for tail color... i would pick the turquoise one. i love blue-green colors, they look very pretty both above and below water.
perhaps when youre ready to check out a latex/silicone tail, you could check out stephanie at fish butts: http://www.facebook.com/#!/fishbuttsforsale (anyone who can help me figure out how to make words into links, PLEASE TEACH ME, lol.) anyways, from what ive seen, her tails are great, and i know shes awesome to work with, because im expecting my first mermaid tail sometime in the next month hopefully. i decided to go with the latex one, but she also sells fabric, and plans to eventually begin a silicone line. (:

also, i have family who lives either in or near cape cod. ive been there a few times, but it was a while ago.

happy mermaiding!

darkmoonracer
07-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome all of you! I think I might go with the turquoise one. And @Brianna I've been thinking that fish-butts would be a good place for a second tail when I'm ready for one. I certainly don't have enough for a fancy one from Merbella's right now, but they look very beautiful.

I'd love to go with a koi pattern. They're one of my favorite fish.

Merman Dan
07-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Welcome, Moon! :)

(anyone who can help me figure out how to make words into links, PLEASE TEACH ME, lol.)
Type in the words you want to make into a link, select/highlight them, click on the link button, paste your URL, and hit OK :)

Sea Pearl
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Welcome!

Lyna
07-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Welcome ambitious little mer!

MerAnthony
07-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome and enjoy

Nyx
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Welcome