PDA

View Full Version : A Spark of Hope!

Mermaid Hope
07-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello all! My human name is Aly, but I prefer spending my time as Mermaid Hope. Hope is a personal name to me, so whether you're talking to me as a human or mer than please use that name. I've loved mers my entire life, and a few years ago found some youtube videos featuring real, live mermaids and have been in love ever since! I've had my monofin (Finis Rapid) for about a year now. I was going to make a tail but my fabric was ruined, so I am unfortunately tail-less at the moment. I have a few things planned for the future though, so expect pictures once it's finished! (I'm actually collecting scraps of spandex/lycra fabric and old bathing suits to cut up and use for a patchwork tail, so if anyone has some they could send my way that'd be great!)
Uh, let's see, some more about me. Anyone who gets to know me will know that I am very openly and proudly gay (I'm working on a design for a rainbow tail!). I am currently in a long-distance relationship with an amazing human girl (although once I go to college the distance will be long gone!). Uh, I'm 16, and my mom (while she's scared of me drowning) is pretty supportive of my mermaiding. I am an avid dancer and thanks to my aunt I'll be able to start taking ballet again this fall (because of financial issues I haven't taken classes in three years). I also love belly dancing!
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with my life, or even what I'll major in when I go to college, but I do know that mermaiding is going to be a big part of it!
Alright, well that's all I can really think of for now! If anyone wants to talk then just say hi, I'm a very friendly mer! Hope to sea you all around the site!
*Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have...I'm rather bored and I think discussions about stuff is the best way to get to know people better!

Merman Dan
07-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Welcome, Hope! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDStBblPdQU

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Welcome Hope... always nice to meet another LGBT mer :) How's your weekend going so far?

Mermaid Hope
07-28-2012, 02:00 AM
J&R- Yeah, it is pretty cool! :) My weekend's been pretty good! I'm on vacation and we just celebrated my sister's birthday. My monofin strap broke, which was really disappointing, but I've got a new one ordered (as well as a cute new suit!).

azaiya
07-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Hi, Hope! I like your idea of a patchwork tail. I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Also I really like the song that you quote in your sig!

Lyna
07-29-2012, 11:09 AM
you should hula hoop. i bet you'd be wonderful at it!

malinghi
07-29-2012, 01:10 PM
For the patchwork tail, you should contact stretch house Inc. While I can't recommend buying from them right now since there have been some claims of credit card fraud, they do give out free samples. If you contact them they send you a couple sheets of paper with some scraps stapled to them. The scraps are a bit small for the patchwork tail but they're probably usable. And they're all different colors.
http://www.stretchhouse.com/sampleorder.htm

Nyx
07-30-2012, 02:56 PM
welcome!