PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Spammers and Nayers!! Ugh!

Angel the Little Merman
07-28-2012, 09:26 AM
I was just on youtube the other day and I'm just looking at some of the videos of the mermaid performers and there were two certain videos I look at one was a interview and the other was video demo and I don't really look at people's comments really and now I know why there was so MANY DISGUSTING comments the whole time there was unnecessary remarks that required the words: "fat", "beached whale", "retarded", "lame", "fake", even comments on "my tail is better than you" and comparing their tails to other mermaid tails which I found rude and also I saw tons of spam comments of "if you do this or say that you'll be a mermaid" and random "H2O H2O H2O H2O" nonsense. I would expect this from a child but I also notice people build a account just to be nasty and get away with it. :mad:

I have my page up and running VERY soon and my comments WILL be block, as I said before and my profile said it, I'm a lover, not a hater.

But to those who do mermaid videos on youtube have you ever receive such remarks and if so do you ever reply back or you just let it be?

Spindrift
07-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Most of the comments speak for themselves about the kind of of people who write them. They're not worth my time, really. And they're not going to get anywhere in life if all they do is write nasty comments on YT anyway.

If you do choose to leave comments on, the worst thing for you to do is to comment on a negative one. Because then it will show as the first comment and that you replied to it, and everyone will read it.
I haven't uploaded any videos myself though, so I haven't decided on my personal policy regarding comments yet. I think for me it would be a case by case kind of thing - if I'm looking for comments or if I'm just showing something.

AniaR
07-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I know Ayla sadly got a LOT of hate on her videos when they were posted on yahoo. You can delete and moderate comments on youtube. I had to set some of my more popular videos for moderating comments setting simply because they were getting spammed so bad constantly with the h20 crap and chain letter style things about being a mermaid. I try not to delete comments even if they;re negative, unless people start being disrespectful to each other. I do get the FAKE ones a lot tho drives me bonkers, lol

MerAnthony
07-28-2012, 10:14 PM
People that do not understand will always criticize something. As they are to narrow minded and not open to new things.

New York Mermaid
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
this is why i approve comments before i allow them on my page, i had this issue already with that H20 and magic spell stuff from 5 different accounts!! Negativity will happy sometimes you got to role with it i suppose. Being a mermaid isint easy, there's always someone trying to bring you down, you know what they say "Haters Make Us Famous"lol .. but those with the H20/Spell crap i want to jump out the screen and flukeslap them..yeesh

Mermaid Miel
07-29-2012, 12:53 AM
I feel the same way... what if a young child saw that "magic spell" and decided to drink water with a moonstone in it and chokes?

And to be honest, I'd love to see mermaid videos that are more original than another H20 series. I understand that the future professional mermaids/actors need to start out somewhere, but when you are older than a tween it gets a bit bland.

But the Fake comments really rile me up the worst. I always down-vote them (the red thumb down) when I see them and then Up-vote all the positive comments so that hopefully the comment gets buried even if its not deleted.

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with that yet with my own little vids.

Jinx
07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
whqt bugs e is the dislike button. you can always delete or block crappy jerks comments its that damn button you can't get rid of! people are rude and i can't take that. what ever happened to "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"?

Spindrift
07-29-2012, 05:08 AM
whqt bugs e is the dislike button. you can always delete or block crappy jerks comments its that damn button you can't get rid of! people are rude and i can't take that. what ever happened to "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"?

You don't have to be responsible for what you say when no one knows who you are. :(