PDA

View Full Version : make-up artist/special effects classes

leeloo
07-28-2012, 11:39 PM
This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any places that teach make-up artist skills like prosthetic making, mold making, etc? I would love to learn how to do this stuff but think I would have a really hard time trying to figure it out on my own. By the way I live in Orange County, CA, for any classes around that area would be awesome. Even online classes for this if it exists. I'm not sure about getting a degree or certificate necessarily, but I would just like to learn some skills that would help me with mermaiding. Thanks.

Mermaid Lorelei
07-29-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm in orange county right now. How random... I would love some info on this as well.

leeloo
07-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Oh nice you're in Orange County? You bring a tail with you? ;)

Mermaid Crystal
08-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Well i am not sure where to get classes but on youtube ( behind the scenes how to make a mermaid tail) the guy teaches you some interesting mermaid tail stuff. good luck

Lyna
08-19-2012, 07:27 PM
well you're definitely in the right location to be able to find some leads. if youre going to find anything, best luck would be los angeles and hollywood area.

Firemaid
08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Let me google that for you... ;) http://www.ehow.com/list_7214723_colleges-special-effects-makeup.html

SilverSiren
08-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Here you go leeloo https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ I used them and learned a lot. It's less expensive than going to a uni for it and its readily available at your disposal, plus, you can pause the class! lol. There are a few more online schools for this type of thing but this one is pretty good and not too expensive, I think I paid 200ish for a whole year? That's about, what, 10,000 less than uni? lol.

leeloo
08-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Thanks Silver Siren, that looks really cool, I may have to try that. I really don't want to pay a lot out of pocket to go to a special effects school and pay for classes I don't even want/need.

SilverSiren
08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Silver Siren, that looks really cool, I may have to try that. I really don't want to pay a lot out of pocket to go to a special effects school and pay for classes I don't even want/need.

That's what I really love about these online courses, you can take what you WANT and go at your own pace, plus watch as much as you like as often as you like :D If you don't want to pay for the whole year they have monthly ones and pay per video ones, once you pay for one video, you can watch that video as much as you like forever.