PDA

View Full Version : latex tail with neoprene?

Mermaid Cascada
07-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I have heard that silicone tails don't need a neoprene lining. Do latex tails need a neoprene lining or nooo...? I'm confused. :confused:

Ilonka
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Alex plus latex needs it because you are simply painting it on the fabric. Special fx latex does not and can be casted and adhered together like silicon, mine has neoprene because I didn't have the space nor $$ to do a full cast of the tail so.I did it by parts and used the neoprene as a skeleton.

Lyna
07-31-2012, 02:22 PM
well....yes. tails for latex and silicone don't technically require lining. It really depends on the maker, their materials, and what you plan to do with your tail, and also how much you want to spend. They are fabricated entirely differently. When I get my silicone tail, it will be straight silicone to skin without lining. But for me...I made sure to get a latex tail WITH the neoprene underside, because I am super allergic to latex and can't be having it touch my skin. They are also insanely cheaper made this way over the wet suit.

Mermaid Cascada
07-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks all. :)

Mermaid Lira
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
And the big advantages of neoprene are : it keeps your legs warm in cold waters and it hide a bit the legs !