PDA

View Full Version : Latex tail monofin

Mermaid Cascada
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I have heard that many silicone tails have foot pockets but no mono-fin. They are just pure silicone. Do they work well? Would this work with a latex tail? Also, could someone explain to me what foot pockets exactly are if they aren't connected to a mono-fin. Why not just leave the foot pockets out?

Lyna
08-02-2012, 01:36 PM
this thread already exisats and has a ton of comments from this week.
but to answer you're question: no. they don't propel well. most of them are used for dry shoots. the floppiness looks very realistic when posing as it moves with you and folds. but for a swimmable tail, you really need a monofin to get you thru the water. otherwise it's kind of like swimming with your feet duct taped together.
the foot pockets hold your feet in place so the tail isn't slipping around unnaturally when you roll. they're pretty comfortable actually. and some of them are built to hide heels. you could leave them out if you really wanted to, but then the fluke isn't going to stay sitting well.

Mermaid Lira
08-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I agree with, but I know that some tails have a fluke made with "hard" silicone wich propel enough and, in fact with training, you can swim like a mermaid without a monofin or a mermaid tail and it works ! At the beginning it's a bit difficult, but you'll swim very well and fast enough (as if you were swimming normally) very quickly ! Just need to train !

Lyna
08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
yes yes. just a lot of people aren't dedicated enough to work out and train enough to get to that point. they do for the movies. :) or they just have 2 tails. one for land and one identical for swim shots with a fin inside.

Mermaid Lira
08-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Sure =) But you don't need to train a lot ! I takes me only two days ! And now I can swim without tail for 20-30 meters underwater :D

Drowning
08-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Sure =) But you don't need to train a lot ! I takes me only two days ! And now I can swim without tail for 20-30 meters underwater :D

That is impressive! What type of underwater stroke are you using without your tail?

Lyna
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
well aren't you impressive! i haven't tried. but i am trying to quit smoking, because i know that's going to be a huge problem. what kind of locations do you have at your disposal to swim in?

Mermaid Lira
08-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Well, I have some fish genes =D My father is incredible ! A really fish ! When he was young, he could hold his breath for 5 minutes and go to 46meters deep without a "weight" and 80m with a weight (I don't know how to explain the real thing in english) So, with some training this spring, I can do now 60m swimming, but not deep, only horizontally, and hold my breath for 3 minutes *w* Thanks so much dad for your lungs ! X)

Drowning => I don't understand what you mean : "underwater stroke" ?

Lyna => I have a pool at home (about 10mx3m50 and 2m50 of deep).

Mermaid Cascada
08-03-2012, 11:14 AM
this thread already exisats and has a ton of comments from this week.
but to answer you're question: no. they don't propel well. most of them are used for dry shoots. the floppiness looks very realistic when posing as it moves with you and folds. but for a swimmable tail, you really need a monofin to get you thru the water. otherwise it's kind of like swimming with your feet duct taped together.
the foot pockets hold your feet in place so the tail isn't slipping around unnaturally when you roll. they're pretty comfortable actually. and some of them are built to hide heels. you could leave them out if you really wanted to, but then the fluke isn't going to stay sitting well.

Sorry I didn't realize :p but thanks for answering my questions guys! :D