PDA

View Full Version : On Tail

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
How long does it take for you to get your tail on? Any tips?

Mermaid Saphira
08-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I was wondering this as well, I am planning on getting a fish butt however I am worried about how long it will take to get the darn thing on :p

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Me too! Thats the reason I started this thread.

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I have also been wondering this. Depending on the type of tail, you would put it on different, right? Like a fabric tail might have a zipper, but I don't think the silicon or latex ones do... Also, how do people get their monofins in and out of their tails, or do you just leave them in all the time?

Mermaid Saphira
08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
merana, what type of tail r u talking about?

MerAnthony
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I have a Mermagica tail and it slides over my legs like a one peice stocking. It only takes a couple of seconds to put on the monofin takes a little longer to get on.

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Does anyone have any videos or pictures? That would be really useful...

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 06:27 PM
merana, what type of tail r u talking about?
I am talking about a fish butt specifically, but all tails

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a magictail and it takes me about a minute to get on. I just have to put on the monofin with the tail scrunched down and pull it up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoie0UQaYw
found this vid

Probably like that with most fabric tails.

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM
How hard is it to get a latex or silicone tail on? How long does it take?

AniaR
08-02-2012, 07:58 PM
depends on the type and how easily you can access the monofin. My silicone tail requires me to either have wet legs, or coat them in moisturiser, rolling down the tail is a process, getting my feet in the monofin is a process, and unrolling it. It used to take me near 10 minutes, but now it's more like 3 or 4. People ask me all the time to do videos but it's embarrassing wriggling into a tail, I dont really want people watching me do it. I am very private when I put it on, events and parties never see me do it.

Mermaid Azira
08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
depends on the type and how easily you can access the monofin. My silicone tail requires me to either have wet legs, or coat them in moisturiser, rolling down the tail is a process, getting my feet in the monofin is a process, and unrolling it. It used to take me near 10 minutes, but now it's more like 3 or 4. People ask me all the time to do videos but it's embarrassing wriggling into a tail, I dont really want people watching me do it. I am very private when I put it on, events and parties never see me do it.
O so you really do have to have a mertender? Thanks. Is it hard to take your tail of in and out of water??

Mermaid Azira
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have a video they could show?

Sea Pearl
08-04-2012, 10:26 PM
I have a fishbutt tail and I find that after a couple of times it's not too difficult to get into, it only takes me about 4 to 5 minutes to get into one now. I asked Stephanie about the best way to get into one and she told me to scrunch it down and reach inside where you'll find a loop at the heel of the monofin foot pocket(it acts as a handle) hold onto it and slide your feet into the hole, then pull the tail up. You may need to lay flat on your back to do that part...what ever works best. Hope that didn't sound too confusing. I bought a tail from her when she was just starting to make them and when she was making custom monofins, now I think she buys them so I don't know if they will still have the little handle attached at the back of the heel. A video may be helpful for new mers.

Mermaid Saphira
08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
^^ Although purchased monofins do not have a handle, the strap seems to work perfectly fine!

Merman_Shawn
08-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Raina, I know you said in another thread, or maybe one of your videos that you get creases or wrinkles when you use body cream to get into tail. I wonder if a spray bottle full of water might be a better option?
Just a thought I had, but then again I don't have a tail so I'm only speculating.

Mermaid Saphira
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I have a magictail and it takes me about a minute to get on. I just have to put on the monofin with the tail scrunched down and pull it up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoie0UQaYw
found this vid

Probably like that with most fabric tails.

There is actually a better video right on the magictail site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toWbMm6t5KI&feature=plcp
go to 1:38 to view the tutorial of how to put the tail on.

Mermaid Azira
08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I have a fishbutt tail and I find that after a couple of times it's not too difficult to get into, it only takes me about 4 to 5 minutes to get into one now. I asked Stephanie about the best way to get into one and she told me to scrunch it down and reach inside where you'll find a loop at the heel of the monofin foot pocket(it acts as a handle) hold onto it and slide your feet into the hole, then pull the tail up. You may need to lay flat on your back to do that part...what ever works best. Hope that didn't sound too confusing. I bought a tail from her when she was just starting to make them and when she was making custom monofins, now I think she buys them so I don't know if they will still have the little handle attached at the back of the heel. A video may be helpful for new mers.
THank you!