PDA

View Full Version : Found the Vinyl Matting!

Mermaid Jewel
08-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I was wandering through Costco today and came across this:
It's the striped vinyl matting, feels like vinyl...and it's only $10! But it's not too wide...at any rate, if you're still looking for this stuff, that might be a good thing to try!

Mermaid Hamant
08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Is this kind of like the stuff Hannah Fraser uses?

Jinx
08-04-2012, 06:47 PM
home depot carries a vinyl matting for shelving. it comes in a number of colors, transparencies, and patterns. i use one that has ribbing is clear and is 20inches wide. it also comes in 16 inch width. when i was getting some yesterday i noticed they had an interesting diamond like pattern that looked like tiny scales. i might try that next time. but the 16 inch is $6.95 and the 20 inch is$9.98 . they keep it by the kitchen flooring and by the screen doors it is usually near the stuff that is kind of like window clings. the stuff that has a picture on it. in rolls of 48 inch length. i use 2 rolls of the 20inch width for my flukes. some of it has adheasive backing but i haven't tried it. if anyone has please let me know how it holds up.

Mermaid Jewel
08-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Is this kind of like the stuff Hannah Fraser uses?
Not sure but it definitely looks similar

Winged Mermaid
08-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Not the same, but defiantly similar (<- Has seen Hannah's tails up close in person)! It looks like it's smaller ribs than Hannah's. 18'' is plenty long for a dorsal or for a fluke accent, IMO. I'll have to go check it out- I'm going to CostCo! Thanks Jewel!