PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit overwhelmed!

Seraphina Suds
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello! My name is Marilyn.

I've known about this community for quite some time, but I've always just kind of lurked in the shadows. Now that I've actually registered and am trying to overcome my shyness, I don't know where to start! I guess this is the best place to dive in though. I'm really terrible with introductions so I guess I'll just throw out some random information about myself!

I'm a 24 year old college grad with a BA in psychology.
I live in midstate New York along the Hudson River with my girlfriend.
I've been in love with mermaids since before I can remember. I was only a few years old when Disney's The Little Mermaid came out and I've been hooked ever since.
I frequent renaissance faires and would love to somehow make it to one as a mermaid.
Other things I'm interested in include video games, reading, photography, my cat, marine biology, equal rights, music, and good cartoons/animation.

Uh, I guess that's it for now! I'm feeling shy again, haha. Anyway, I hope to eventually be an active member of this community! <3

Mermaid Celissa
08-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome to Mernetwork. I'm Abby, I'm thirteen, and I love mermaids just like you. You can express yourself here, don't be shy! The community gets along well, you'll be fine. If you need anything, PM me. Bye!

Thalassa
08-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi, Marilyn! I'm 24 and love Ren Faires, too!

I was shy as well (as a matter of fact, I have yet to make an introduction thread, lol) but the mers on the network are so nice!

Welcome!

Lyna
08-05-2012, 11:01 PM
i too am a lover of females, lover of mers, psych major, renn faire addict-residing in ny state. :) welcome to the threads.

Seraphina Suds
08-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Ah! Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcomes!

Lyna: Haha, we're practically twins! Do you go to the New York Renn Faire? I have to pick a weekend to go, I'm so excited for it~

Xuchilpaba: I feel like it just makes sense for mermaids to be into ladies! Never mind that whole sailor obsession... :p I like RPGs for the most part, but I'll play almost anything. I haven't heard of that game though. o: Right now I'm playing a lot of Minecraft while waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out.

Lyna
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm going to Sterling....I'm not sure which one you go to. I'm all crazy booked this month with events and work because I'm moving to texas in 4-5 weeks. So I'll be at faire finale weekend the 18-19th.

Seraphina Suds
08-05-2012, 11:51 PM
That's the one I go to. I dunno what weekend I'll be making it there, but if it's the 18th-19th, maybe I'll run into you!

Mermaid Aurora
08-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Hi, welcome! we love new mers(: and ren faires for the win!

New York Mermaid
08-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Hey there im lanai from the other side of NY the cityto be exact glad to have another mermaid here in NY

AniaR
08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
welcome!!!

Mermaid Cascada
08-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Welcome to mernetwork :D

Seraphina Suds
08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Thank you all for the kind welcomes!

SilverSiren
08-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello! I'm new here too! Everyone is SUPER nice here so no need to be shy! Lucky ones! Get to go to a Ren fair soon! *green with envy*

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Welcome! Cool drawing as your icon, by the way :)

Mermaid Lorelei
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome! :>

Merman_Shawn
08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Welcome Risewiththemoon! I'm also a New Yorker! I'm in the Brooklyn area. Are you aware that we are having a Mer-friend meet up at Coney Island on the 25th?
Anywho, nice to meet you. :)

Seraphina Suds
08-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Welcome! Cool drawing as your icon, by the way :)

Thank you! She's a little character I like to doodle when I'm bored. c:

Welcome Risewiththemoon! I'm also a New Yorker! I'm in the Brooklyn area. Are you aware that we are having a Mer-friend meet up at Coney Island on the 25th?
Anywho, nice to meet you. :)

No, I didn't. o: I'm about an hour or so out of the city by train, so I don't think I can make it. :c But it's good to know! Thank you!