PDA

View Full Version : Help with my family/confidence

Mermaid Azira
08-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I currently have a magictail but really want to get a fishbutt soon. I don't know that my parents will let me because I don't use my magictail enough. I would use my tail more but I am embarrassed to around my family. When its just me at home I will wear my tail for hours. And I am always texting my friend who also has a magictail to see if I can use her pool.

What do you think I should do?

I have enough money for a fishbutt.

Merman_Shawn
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
You are your own biggest saboteur. You have to tell that negative voice in your head to "shut up", and wear your tail with pride around your family. If they see you getting enjoyment from it, then they shouldn't have a problem with you upgrading. I think parents are reluctant to buy things for their kids, because kids blow through hobbies and fads faster than parents can keep up. If you show genuine interest and passion for what you love and stick to it(prove to them this isn't something you're going to give up in six months), they should come around.

Mermaid Aurora
08-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I think that you have a great idea. you just gotta go for it, and not let anything or anyone hold you back. you will always regret the things you DONT do more than the dumb things you have done.

Mermaid Azira
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
You guys are both right thank you!

Mermaid Annariea
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
my family thought i was completely crazy when i told them i was going to spend $300 on a mermaid tail.
they were like "$300?!? thats a lot of money!" but not compared to other tailmakers, especially when it comes to the quality of the fish butts (lol).
i also did research for about 3 1/2 years. this is my first tail, and im super glad i waited and found stevi rather than being impatient and getting a fabric tail i wouldnt have been happy with (im picky -_-).
my family eventually got used to it. they still think im crazy, and they still think its a bit goofy and immature, but theyre happy that it makes me happy, even though i dont even have my tail yet. when i get it, ill probably be shy too, but you have to just push past that and get over it. theyre your family, and if they love you, theyll accept your mermaidy-ness (:

go for it. if you have the money, then you deserve to use it on what you want. and USE IT. (:

spottedcatfish
08-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks, this thread helped me out with some issues I was having today! I can't wait to go swimming now!

Mermaid Azira
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks again! I wished I had waited before I bought my magictail. I figured out about stevi the day after i ordered it and knew I should have waited and gotten one. Oh will get one now so yay!