PDA

View Full Version : HOW WAS MERPALOOZA

AniaR
08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Come on people who went! Spill! And we want photos!

Mermaid Hamant
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I really wish I could have gone! Perhaps next year.

Little_Orca
08-12-2012, 04:02 PM
*Giggle* Judging by the caps, I would say you are a little eager there, Raina.

Thalassa
08-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Amen! You tell 'em, Raina! ;-)

Blondie
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I want to know too xD Come on guys! Don't hold out on us!

New York Mermaid
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
LOL the merpeople are still either playing or on their way home or asleep, we're not getting nothin till monday.. which suck i really wanted to go :/

AniaR
08-12-2012, 07:26 PM
public fb gallery https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151114045177958.459647.806862957&type=1 the only person I recognize is claudio, lol

Thalassa
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
LOL Maybe this wasn't a good idea...now I'm jealous. XD

Stephanie Sims
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-merpalooza-convention-pictures-20120811,0,6600862.photogallery

Event was awesome. WONDERFUL MERMAIDS! Thank you to all who attended! Cab't wait to meet even more Mer Friends next time. *Merpalooza II scheduled, Same weekend next year in Orlando!! :)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/71784601/News/Mermaids-make-a-splash-at-Orlando-gathering#gl-0

AniaR
08-12-2012, 08:18 PM
wooowhoo Maybe I can go next year. Love seeing shots of star etc. All I've seen so far is a lot of mertailor self promotion, lol. LOVE the shot of Jesse with the tails, cute one of Raven,

Spindrift
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I had fun. I'm glad you can't really recognize me in any of the photos :3
I also broke my wallet. :(

Blondie
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Aaaahhh!!! I just freaked out all over those pictures!! Next year I'm so going to try to go! Starting the savings fund NOW.

Moonflower
08-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Okay, I did have a great time I was there because I got to see and meet many awesome people, and everyone involved with the con was so lovely and kind. What I am really grateful for was that, as far as I could see, there was no drama. Everyone seemed to be very welcoming to everyone else, and even though I didn't get to talk to everyone, the people I did speak with were really awesome, and I got great feedback from attendees and other vendors alike... So please keep that in mind when I say this…

Merpalooza was stupid. Really, really stupid. I thought it was going to be the whole weekend, and found out a few days beforehand that it was actually only really on Saturday (despite one facebook page saying it started on Friday and another saying it ran until Monday). So, even though I got a discounted table to sell things at, I only really had that one day to sell, and with the two tickets I'd already bought before I paid for the table, I didn't even break even. Also, the way the dealer's room was set up was really confusing. It was a mishmash of tables, arranged in no particular way, for no particular reason. Because of this, it was hard to navigate and even harder to get any sense of who was where.

The pageant was stupid and pointless, and I could care less about the awards ceremony.

Not trying to be mean, but why was Traci Hines a guest? I've never seen her mermaid before, except to cosplay as Ariel. Don't get me wrong, she's a beautiful woman, but she's a cosplayer, not a professional mermaid. I've heard her sing "part of your world" before, and while she does a beautiful job singing that, the song she chose to sing during the day was something I'd never heard before and sounded very amateur-ish. I don't know if it was something she wrote, but it wasn't very good. She didn't do much else during the con, and I barely saw her in the room for more than the song.

The pool party, which I paid for, had no one checking tickets and anyone could've come in to join us at any point (no one had badges, as they had apparently been lost before the con began). It was also supposed to start at 6, but when we got there at 7, it was myself, mermaid Fawkes and merman Jesse, and continued to be the three of us for the next few hours. Even though we had a giant tented area (with plastic sides to keep the weather out) with a beautiful banquet tables set up for all of us under it, it began to rain (which only happened from 6 to 7 PM), so they decided to move the award ceremony inside. However, the awards didn't even begin until around 9 PM, only ran for 20 minutes (according to the emcee, who couldn't pronounce Merpalooza and kept calling it Mere-Palooza) and then everyone finally came out to the pool. By then, of course, it was already dark out, and only one pool light was working. The underwater photographers didn't even show up. And the music they started playing when everyone arrived outside was overly loud and obnoxious, and the tunes they chose were just plain AWFUL (worse, even, than the "tropical themed wedding from 1986" music they had been playing inside earlier).

I didn't even bother to show up on Sunday because the schedule didn't have anything really planned.

What I would have loved to have seen (instead of the pageant and the awards) was panels. Panels on everything from breath holding techniques, how to make a basic tail, the difference in monofins, how to make mermaid accessories, how to make an elaborate tail (silicone, latex, etc...), how to get involved with charities, how to be a professional mermaid - things like this would have been great! We had Tom Shouse for goodness sake! He could have gone up on the stage and talked about his work and taken questions from the audience! Mermaid Kylee could have talked about working at Weeki Wachee! Even Traci could have talked about being a cosplayer! Anything! The pageant contestants had to pay to be in it and people had to pay to vote, so those who entered last minute didn't stand a chance. The awards were given to the most popular mers. Neither brings the community together as a group, but only serves to make people feel left out or overlooked.
I also would have loved to have seen the con advertised a bit better. The community knew about it, yes, but when I'd mentioned it to people at Anime Festival Orlando the week before, NO ONE had heard of it. Not even the several Ariel cosplayers! Flyers on the flyer tables would have been awesome, because those kids are the ones who spend tons of money on things and love being involved in "fringe" activities like mermaiding. And, because the tickets were only 10.00 to get into the dealer's room, they more than likely would have shown up just to check it out and shop.

This is just my opinion, and I really hope no one thinks I'm trying to start drama here because I'm not. I'm only saying that there's so much potential here, and I hope next year these things are kept in mind. A million thanks to all those involved with hosting and putting the con together. All your hard work is not unappreciated! Next year will be amazing, I just know it!

Mermaid Star
08-13-2012, 05:06 AM
I was lucky enough to get into the pool while there was still light and no storm. I know and have worked with the underwater photographers and I got shot by them for a good 20-30 mins. They were waiting in the pool for a while before the lightning and then they headed for shelter. They were wondering where everyone was. (This was around 5pm) The cameras need light for good photos and video so waiting for dark for the pool party to begin was not the best planning if they wanted the photographers there and shooting in the water.

I really enjoyed swimming and meeting other mers and seeing old faces. This con was more of a meet up than a con(which is what it was originally planned to be). Over all, I had a good time. But I am glad I only paid $10 for the trade show.

AniaR
08-13-2012, 07:43 AM
aww that's too bad. I think a panel would have been a great idea. Maybe next year!

ShyMer
08-13-2012, 08:34 AM
It looks like they planned classes of some sort on Sunday, but just looking at the schedule, I can see how it was really only one day of events.

Don't they list lectures and speakers on the schedule? That didn't happen? There's a lost opportunity :(

Angel the Little Merman
08-13-2012, 09:32 AM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5026c7de/turbine/os-merpalooza-convention-pictures-20120811-021/600

Me with Merman Jesse of Mermaid Creations Inc, such a great guy to meet in person, as for the event I don't want to say it was bad but I don't say it was good as well but I feel I achieve what I came there for, which was to learn from the people that I admire, I met Traci which was awesome, I met the Tailman in person give me the BEST advice out there, he felt I was different so he give me a beaded mermaid necklace, I met most of my Mernetwork buddies here which was cool. I didn't even bother talking or looking certain cocky displays with a certain very cocky person who looked at me up and down thinking I wasn't looking, I know all and see all, but to those who post here that went thank you so much for making me apart of your community!

AniaR
08-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I love this photo!

Stephanie Sims
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
It looks like they planned classes of some sort on Sunday, but just looking at the schedule, I can see how it was really only one day of events.

Don't they list lectures and speakers on the schedule? That didn't happen? There's a lost opportunity :(Speaking to some of the comments on scheduling...Please note that I came into an already-planned event, one where I was not the person who hired the talent - and my main job was to try to make some of the elements actually happen..
*We are all volunteers, for the most part.

Panels were supposed to happen Sunday a.m., outside by the pool,along with organized games...and those who were conducting those, including the speakers themselves, due to the freaky weather...felt we may not have the ability to have successful games or panels. They also were so stoked to meet each other that when they got the chance, they planned other outings. *I was as surprised as anyone that Sunday kind of became the day to chill, but everyone seemd happy.

I know the pageant may have seemed silly to some. But it really was cool, and a feast for the eyes. Some of the women who participated were doing it just for fun (and the kids, of course) but some were very staunch advocates and the recognition they will receive from me, day job as a p.r. agent, will let them be as vocal as they want to be...

All in all it was really wonderful, mostly because of the mermaids there. And thank you for saying the con organizers were kind, etc. I try :) I really loved it and being a part of it. There were certainly things that could have been done differently. Lessons learned.

Regarding space, I found out at 10 a., that some tables/booths were promised to people I had never heard of...and I very quickly had to try to fit people in, to welcome them all...***It was beautiful.

Thank you all. <3

MermanJesse
08-13-2012, 03:02 PM
First of all, MerPalooza was a 100% improvement over the train wreck in 2011.

Secondly, the resort was BEAUTIFUL! I am glad we were at Wyndham! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

The only thing I would have changed (if it could have been changed) was removing the part of the stage that protruded out into the audience. It would have allowed room for a couple more booths.

On Sunday, it did turn into a chill sort of thing. Some decided to go to Rainbow and Weeki Wachee Springs. Others visited Universal which was across the interstate from the resort. Dennis and I opted to stay at the resort in light of all the hard work that the organizers put into securing us a place that we were welcome.

After breakfast at IHOP, I swam in the "Raina Tail", then let people try it on. Let some people try on the very first Mermaid Creations prototype silicone tail. Had a nice time with a little girl who wanted photos with a merman. Taught her to exhale then hold to get the best shot. She did awesome!

After the mid day swim, we met up with Thom and his "POD" over at the pool closest to the bar around 4pm. After our chat by the pool, Thom invited us over to join him for dinner there at the bar. The staff were great and friendly!

After dinner, Thom was interviewed, then we all gathered again for a swim and photo shoot. This time, I was behind the camera. I asked if I could use 2 of his mermaids for photos in two of the tails that I created, and they agreed eagerly! We got some great shots that I will be uploading to my tail making facebook page. Then another nice "wrap up chat" with Thom. The group dispersed around midnight or 1am.

I am now at my parents, and getting ready to head back to Cincinnati to go back to work at me "real" job. I don't wanna!!!! :(

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Speaking as a new member of the community and someone who was not at the last MerCon, and as someone who was only able to attend Saturday, I thought Merpalooza was amazing. Yes, looking at it from a point of view of someone who knows how conventions are supposed to work, there were a lot of improvements that could have been made, but this is only the second time the merfolk have tried this, and only the first official time. The main point is that I, along with many, many other people, were transported somewhere else where mermaids are real and right in front of you, and anything is possible. I really feel like I was on another planet and am having difficulties adjusting back to real life. Almost everyone there was really friendly and nice, and the people who were organizing the event were really amazing people. I could tell they had a lot thrown at them that they weren't really expecting, and I think they handled it wonderfully. I had one of the most amazing Saturday's I've ever had, and I know there were many people there who felt the same way. Especially the little girl who said "It is my dream to be here!" I know how she felt! I can't wait for next year; it's going to be even better!

WavyMermaidy
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
This was my first gathering or convention of any kind, and my husband and I both had a really good time. We liked the fact that it wasn't a huge, overly-polished event...rather, it was a comfortable and friendly atmosphere with some cool vendors, lots of pretty but way too expensive for my budget tails to look at and touch, and mer-friends to chat with.

I enjoyed the trade show and the pageant partly because I didn't have any expectations. Like I said, this wasn't a huge polished event...it was almost more like an indoor small-town art fair or fall festival (which I like, so I enjoyed it thoroughly). We visited all the booths multiple times and found some nice small things to buy. I got to meet Raven, which was awesome, and saw some friends that I had met at Sirens of the Deep Camp at Weeki Wachee last week. I also got to talk to Stephanie Sims as well as meeting other MerNetworkers, which was really neat too.

The pool party was really fun, but some of the logistics seemed to be a bit awry. My husband and I left the trade show to check into our room (at another hotel down the road) and to get dinner. There was a storm while we were out, but all had cleared up by the time the pool party was scheduled to start. When we got to the pool, fashionably late, only the 3 aforementioned people were at the pool and we were confused about where everyone was. We kept getting mixed messages from people who would stop by the pool about the fact that the awards were inside and had started, then they hadn't started, then everyone was coming out, etc. I just stayed and swam, which was fun b/c I was trying out my new tail that I made. Eventually everyone trickled out, but I felt a little bad b/c we had paid about 50 bucks for both of us to be at the pool party and, as has been mentioned above, no one ever checked tickets. I don't mind paying for the event but would've liked everyone to have had to do the same. Some friends of ours who had been at the awards said they'd had to pay there, but no one checked at the pool itself.

At any rate, the pool party was fun...especially Sasha the Fire Gypsy and her flaming hula hoop and such...totally awesome. Otherwise it was pretty much just everyone hanging out, which was nice too.

Sunday morning was a little strange just by the fact that we were expecting some classes at 9 and then "Mermaid Olympics" which sounded like fun. Again, we arrived fashionably late to an empty pool. We stayed for about 3 hours or so, and basically people trickled in bit by bit and swam around admiring tails and chatting (since it was hard to see any of them well at night during the pool party). My husband and I both really liked just this hanging out, and we got to meet some wonderful people (and mers!). And that's fine that it was just basically a meet-up, especially since there were no tickets or charges for the events originally planned for Sunday. I even ran into one of my little campers from the summer camp that I'm a counselor for, which was great!!! Her grandma that was with her thought it was a hoot that her granddaughter's camp counselor is a mermaid.

Soooo...overall, I had a good time and I was really glad I came. Spending 50 bucks for pool party tix and feeling like anyone could've walked in without paying was a bit of a bummer just because, like everyone else, my hubby and I are necessarily budget-conscious, but hopefully the money helped to make the event possible. As mentioned by onelilmermaid above, since this was the first time for this event it is inevitable that there are going to be issues and bugs that need to be worked out, so with all of that I hope the organizers consider it a success. It was really cool go beyond the online mer-world and really get to meet some of the people that do it in the flesh. I am definitely interested in coming back next year :)

spottedcatfish
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Well it looks like MerPalooza was a "hit" with some mers, and a "miss" with others. It sounded cool to at least meet people who are into mermaiding. I did not attend this year. From what I've read so far, If I were to attend, first it would have to be closer to the West coast. Florida was just too far for me to travel. Second, I really like the idea of having panels, and how-to demonstrations, and perhaps a talent show, as well as the pageant? Also more events in the water would have been nice to see. I'm wondering if next year's MerPalooza will be held in Florida?

WavyMermaidy
08-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Since spottedcatfish is in CA (and even though you didn't attend) it makes me curious to know what people who had to travel far thought of MerPalooza. Most of us who have reviewed it so far had to travel a few hours at most (I only had to come an hour or so). I know at least one of the little girls mentioned she was from Cali, so I know there were at least some who traveled to be there.

AniaR
08-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I think, for next year, having an MC would be really great Stephanie! Just someone who can alert people to the schedule, and is seen as the face for merpalooza in terms of information/communication. :) I always think anyone trying to pull off an event like this is seriously brave. You'll never live up to people's expectations, but I also wont fault people for being disappointed.

I was contacted to come as a special guest early on, financially I wasnt able to swing it, but after looking at how it went Im not sure how I would have fit in. I think I could fit in for something really well like a panel. I think panel is a good supper time activity or early evening activity. When people need to sit and rest a bit but still want to be engaged! I think I'm someone who could really bridge the gap in the community for the younger mers with my experience, so maybe I can come up with some sort of a pitch idea for next year and be there :) so long as I can cover costs... it's cheaper to travel to Florida this time of year but Im still coming from Canada XD

Depending on how this year goes, I'd actually love to be in contact to see if I can help/be part of any planning next year Stef :) It would be cool to represent Tail Flip and myself respectively. A year ahead is a lot easier to plan for lol

Im always glad when the mer-community gets together. <3

Mermaid Momo
08-13-2012, 09:04 PM
it sounds to me like there were some really well planned out parts and some that weren't so swell. I think maybe for the next con, looking at anime conventions (in the sense of badges,panels,and little things going on) would probably improve the experience and "convention" atmosphere instead of it seeming like a large meet. (BTW, i didn't go, but wish i did!)

Spindrift
08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I flew in from Japan lol. But I was in Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and New York before that.

I was a little dubious of the event when I first heard of it, not because I didn't think it was going to succeed, but because I was a little annoyed with how it was being advertised and wondered if it would be an indication of how the event would go. However, I'm delighted to say that I really enjoyed myself. I arrived in Florida on Monday, to run some errands and be with family, and I stayed at the Wyndham from Friday night until Sunday morning. I had a friend with me from college who wanted to tag along and didn't know anything about the mer-world. I left early since I had already gotten the impression that Sunday was a "chillax" sort of day from the schedule, and had a doctor's appointment in New York.

The meet and greet on Friday night was fun. I talked to Gary and Stephanie, saw 2-3 people from MerNetwork, and ran into the Mertailor and Matty while walking around one of the pools. Didn't see him at first though, lol. Then I watched the Muppets movie in my hotel room - I think Uncle Deadly is my favorite. :)

Saturday was pretty awesome. I ran into Traci Hines when she was checking in to her hotel room on my way to breakfast. Some bewildered hotel workers questioned me about the event. The staff at the Wyndham's St Augustine Restaurant and Bell Service are very nice. The lady at the front desk though looks like she could have smiled more though. My room had some issues, phone didn't work, door didn't lock properly, TV service kept on getting cut and recharged on the bill... but we got most of the issues fixed with a man at the front desk.

I brought 師傅 (Sifu) latexmans prototype fluke with me to the trade show! I thought it would be a really great idea to get him some attention after all he's done for me in Thailand and I think I may have gotten him some customers. So that was awesome. A lot of the tailmakers were interested in it as well (naturally). I had fun chillin' with Jesse, Raven, and Sirenia Solaris. Also, Angel the Little Merman is a giant sweetie (had to say that), and wore this awesome tail inspired by the Broadway costume for The Little Mermaid to walk around in.

I also had a really intense conversation with Thom Shouse which was amazing, and if the opportunity comes up, I may intern for him! I also blew a lot of money at his table. I got a scale top, a bracelet, and a lot of starfish. And I got interviewed for the Huffington Post! Which was pretty cool. I got to talk about the things I've done with ocean conservation, so it was really nice to get the word out there. I also talked about MerNetwork (nudge nudge).

I got to be fire safety in Sasha FireGypsy's show! Ahhhh. Her and her boyfriend were awesome and even let me try out her fire poi (unlit, for insurance reasons). So that was awesome. I also tried to talk to Liang, the Chinese plate spinner who had been on AGT but she was pretty terse. I didn't get to swim in my tail though, so it hasn't been waterproofed yet (paint came off). The emcee was also super nice and awesome and even gave me life advice haha. And talking with everyone there was absolutely fantastic, especially the mermaids with Thom Shouse. I learned a lot of tips and tricks that I hadn't even considered. And it's great to finally see people in person, after just looking at their photos online.

I really only came in for the trade show and to meet people, so I definitely got what I wanted. I've done pageants in the Miss America circuit, but I thought the mermaid pageant was a little superfluous (the same opinion I had last year in Vegas). However, the people participating seemed like they were having a blast, and I guess that is what matters. I would have liked to have seen a lot more vendors (although my wallet disagrees), and I think it would have been a lot better if there were a wider variety of wares offered. In the promos people were mentioning fairy stuff, and renfaire stuff, and makeup, and I didn't see any of that, except for one vendor in the corner who had pirate stuff. There were also no tails to try during the pool party. >: ( I thought the layout of the room was fine though, although I do agree with Merman Jesse on the stage thing, especially during the pageant since if you were't paying attention to it you would look like you were really rude (whereas in other conventions there are a lot of things going on at once). It definitely had the aura of a big party, rather than a convention. Panels would have been awesome, too bad that didn't work out this year. I also think some hands-on activities would have been great, like making a workshop to make a top, or makeovers, or something.

Oh. And check out what I got at Hollywood Studios:

Awww yeah.

And this is what I got from Epcot! (I think Epcot is my favorite DisneyWorld Park)

His name is JinJing, because I had an awesome 3-language conversation with the store vendors at the pavilion he was sold at and I understood every word of it (which I haven't been able to do before). :D New firsts all around!

Also, tails:

AniaR
08-13-2012, 10:03 PM
great photos
if anyone would be willing to submit con photo to www.deviantartmermaids.deviantart.com I'll make a special folder for them

AniaR
08-13-2012, 10:32 PM
I think you're mistaken, the people complaining DID have tables, and spent a lot of money. I have heard complaints from vendors not on mernetwork too.

There's no way to please everyone, but it does sound like a lot of things werent as advertised or organized as well as they could be. people are allowed to be upset if they've spent a lot of money.

Finally, I think this is someone who was in the community before under a new account, especially based on your "puff the magic dragon" statement. GET A LIFE and stop attacking other people simply because they make you uncomfortable. NEWS FLASH people have different experiences, and you can only account for your OWN. You had a great time? Good. But I would never let someone who talks about other people in that way back into an event again. Who are you to judge? So you can judge the crap outta someone because you're uncomfortbale by their costume, but paying customers cant CRITIQUE an event?

Gettin real tired of people joining just for drama. No effort at all.

Stephanie, I think what you undertook was a huge deal. You cant please everyone, and hopefully you can look at the feedback here and make arrangements for the future one. <3

AniaR
08-13-2012, 10:35 PM
p.s. attacking other members in the way in which you did is against the rules. You should probably read those when you join a forum
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?266-Rules-and-Disclaimers

Moonflower
08-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I have to say that I too was at MerPalooza this past weekend. I experienced a lot of different things over the weekend with the folks that attended and I have to say to you and to the others that I find complaining about what went "wrong" or could have been better.
Considering the majority of the people that are finding fault and complaining are the same people that spent not a dime on a table, their transportation to Orlando and their suites... what are you complaining about cosidering you had NOTHING invested in the convention itself. The event was a smashing success especially if it's compared to Mer-Con 2011 in Vegas!!
Gary put a lot of effort and a lot of money into this event for EVERYONE that was involved, Stephanie, Bill and Murphy all poured hours and hours into this event making sure that everything went as well as it possibly could go. Considering the event site had to be changed, the hotel refused to let the pool party begin outside until they were certain there was no danger to any of the guests and everything went as well as anyone could have hoped for considering this was truly the first MerPalooza ever.
Yes, lessons were learned, ideas have changed about how various things will be done next year and how a lot of things will be handled next year and years to come vs how it was done this year, it all really went well.
I find it interesting that there is complaining about the stage, yet there really wasn't room for anymore vendor tables anyway and those complaining about it shouldn't be complaining anyway considering it would have just been more competition for them in one way or another. Secondly, considering we had "Puff the Magic Dragon" there pretending to be a merman, he really doesn't have any input that needs to be considered considering he too had nothing invested in this event. He got to come in, trip people with his tail and talk to tail makers, good for him! But his comments are nothing but dribble.
So once all of you are done complaining about things you weren't even vested in, maybe you can make space for those that were there and actually enjoyed what was provided to them and are greatful for it.

Um, I did have a table, I did pay for it, and I did pay for two tickets IN ADDITION to both the convention and the pool party. If you would like, I can show you my PayPal receipts and the messages between Stephanie and myself on facebook. Like I said, I was not trying to "start" anything, and everyone I'd spoken to who was involved with the convention was very kind and helpful. I was simply voicing my opinions. I DO think Stephanie and Gary did a wonderful job for the first year and not knowing how things would work for this event. I was just voicing what I thought worked and what didn't.
Also, your name calling was uncalled for and undeserved. Everyone there was "pretending to be a mermaid or merman", so picking on any individual will not be tolerated. This community is small enough, we need to learn to accept everyone.

Spindrift
08-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I have to say that I too was at MerPalooza this past weekend. I experienced a lot of different things over the weekend with the folks that attended and I have to say to you and to the others that I find complaining about what went "wrong" or could have been better.
Considering the majority of the people that are finding fault and complaining are the same people that spent not a dime on a table, their transportation to Orlando and their suites... what are you complaining about cosidering you had NOTHING invested in the convention itself. The event was a smashing success especially if it's compared to Mer-Con 2011 in Vegas!!
Gary put a lot of effort and a lot of money into this event for EVERYONE that was involved, Stephanie, Bill and Murphy all poured hours and hours into this event making sure that everything went as well as it possibly could go. Considering the event site had to be changed, the hotel refused to let the pool party begin outside until they were certain there was no danger to any of the guests and everything went as well as anyone could have hoped for considering this was truly the first MerPalooza ever.
Yes, lessons were learned, ideas have changed about how various things will be done next year and how a lot of things will be handled next year and years to come vs how it was done this year, it all really went well.
I find it interesting that there is complaining about the stage, yet there really wasn't room for anymore vendor tables anyway and those complaining about it shouldn't be complaining anyway considering it would have just been more competition for them in one way or another. Secondly, considering we had "Puff the Magic Dragon" there pretending to be a merman, he really doesn't have any input that needs to be considered considering he too had nothing invested in this event. He got to come in, trip people with his tail and talk to tail makers, good for him! But his comments are nothing but dribble.
So once all of you are done complaining about things you weren't even vested in, maybe you can make space for those that were there and actually enjoyed what was provided to them and are greatful for it.

1. You're making a lot of assumptions there, lady. I probably spent the most amount of money out of all the attendees (not including vendors) to be there (since I flew halfway across the world for it) and I paid for my suite, and bought things from the vendors, as well as my own transportation. So did a lot of people who attended. I think everyone who attended deserves a voice on the matter.
2. You're doing exactly what defenders of Mer-Con 2011 did by disregarding other people's very valid posts. I liked both events, actually. Although they both have a lot of room for improvement. And there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. That's what allows things to grow and become better.
3. No one is saying that Gary, Stephanie, and the others did not have a lot of personal investment or did not work very hard. I don't see anyone who wrote that. Quote people who say that, from this thread, word for word and I'll take it back. I'm sure everyone there appreciated and recognized the work that went into it.
4. If people are complaining about the stage as well as the want for more vendors, get a bigger room. Obviously.
5. I don't know who you are referring to with your "Puff the Magic Dragon" quip, but you sound very bitter. I don't appreciate you calling someone else's posts "dribble", especially if it has been well thought out and is sincere. Everyone is entitled to express their own opinion provided that they are respectful to others, and no posts in this thread except for -yours-, Merkiss, is disrespectful to the event organizers, or to event attendees, or even event observers.
6. It's "invested", not "vested", and "grateful", not "greatful". If the event was really an enjoyable experience, the reviews and anecdotes from it should speak for themselves. There's no need to shepherd people.

This forum isn't just for costuming and tail reviews. It was created to allow mers to express themselves, and discuss events in the merworld. As long as you are respectful to the other community members, every post is valid.

Angel the Little Merman
08-13-2012, 11:13 PM
p.s. attacking other members in the way in which you did is against the rules. You should probably read those when you join a forum
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?266-Rules-and-Disclaimers

Thank you Raina for defending, it's sadden me that we have people coming into this community to backlash one another. Direct to you "merkiss" for someone I don't remember at all, and who has a barebones profile you shouldn't even bullied even if you don't know what you're talking about I came to the Mer-Palooza to meet the people that I admire and the people that I befriended on this fourm, FYI I did bought stuff sorry to bust you're bubble and most of the people love my tail in the room and understood what it's suppose to be, if you feel my comments are "dribble" so be it at least I made friends in the field and they saw I have potential if you feel I was a bother oh well. Don't sign on here tarnishing me and thinking I'm not gonna respond! Point blank, I came and I express myself, had a good time. If I ruin it for you well I can't do anything about that!

AniaR
08-13-2012, 11:21 PM
If you feel attacked, than you must be guilty of something I wrote. Not only did I attend the event, I was there for a lot of reasons and some of those reasons were Gary, Stephanie, Bill and Murphy... I was always told that the guilty always protest too much... touch a nerve?
See, I like you was simply making observations as well, I just named especially ungrateful attendees.... funny thing is, the MAJORITY of everyone in attendance had a wonderful time and the list I'm sure is already forming for attendance next year!
Oh, and the reason nothing went on Sunday is because Gary got called home because his father had been admitted to the hospital and is in the I.C.U.

Guilty? Holy frack, do your research you crazy person, I wasnt there! Youd have known that if you'd actually read through this thread instead of reading a few sentences and jumping to conclusions. Your stupid insane behaviour is NOT the way to defend the event. You tarnish it with your ridiculous comments and do NO favours to the people you're trying to defend in your little mind.

No one here insulted stephanie or gary. we're not idiots, we know it took a lot to pull off, and people self sacrificed. but guess what, people spent a lot of money, they're allowed to have complaints, suggestions, and ideas of what would make it better. No one here has posted rudely, just posted THEIR experience. DEAL WITH IT OR GTFO. Seriously. I am so tired of idiots joining mernetwork, not reading the rules, running their mouths off ESPECIALLY over such stupid stuff as someone's costume. GROW THE HECK UP.

CONCLUSION: People are freaking allowed to have opinions on their own personal experience. You bashing anyone who thinks differently than you is a stupid move and makes the whole event look bad. You cant just come in here and start bashing people, expect a ban. People are appreciative of the event and all the hard work, but they still paid for and expect certain things- they have that right.

TOO LONG DIDNT READ (since you apparently dont actually read what people say) LEARN OUR RULES OR GET OUT. RAINA SMASH.

Angel the Little Merman
08-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Guilty? Holy frack, do your research you crazy person, I wasnt there! Youd have known that if you'd actually read through this thread instead of reading a few sentences and jumping to conclusions. Your stupid insane behaviour is NOT the way to defend the event. You tarnish it with your ridiculous comments and do NO favours to the people you're trying to defend in your little mind.

No one here insulted stephanie or gary. we're not idiots, we know it took a lot to pull off, and people self sacrificed. but guess what, people spent a lot of money, they're allowed to have complaints, suggestions, and ideas of what would make it better. No one here has posted rudely, just posted THEIR experience. DEAL WITH IT OR GTFO. Seriously. I am so tired of idiots joining mernetwork, not reading the rules, running their mouths off ESPECIALLY over such stupid stuff as someone's costume. GROW THE HECK UP.

CONCLUSION: People are freaking allowed to have opinions on their own personal experience. You bashing anyone who thinks differently than you is a stupid move and makes the whole event look bad. You cant just come in here and start bashing people, expect a ban. People are appreciative of the event and all the hard work, but they still paid for and expect certain things- they have that right.

TOO LONG DIDNT READ (since you apparently dont actually read what people say) LEARN OUR RULES OR GET OUT. RAINA SMASH.

Couldn't said it better myself Raina!

AniaR
08-13-2012, 11:33 PM
hey crazy crackers, another photo album. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.441891812521899.99488.100001032517620&type=1

Mermaid Momo
08-13-2012, 11:34 PM
BTW, Angel, is that a scaled vest? it's very dashing :)

Angel the Little Merman
08-13-2012, 11:44 PM
BTW, Angel, is that a scaled vest? it's very dashing :)

It is, thank you very much. I really work hard on my costumes and I'm still learning to master it, which was the reason for me to come to the Mer-Palooza, learn from the masters and I did.

Stephanie Sims
08-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Thank you, Everyone. Yes, Sunday got away from us... Mostly, we were missing key folks due to the fact they had made other plans. **I was grateful to everyone and I was so knocked out to see all the outfits, vendors and people. *Nothing but love here. :)

Regarding Saturday eve, The weather was a trip...We were set up outside at party time, Then... lightning came and the hotel would not let us stay out there for about an hour and a half..We set up inside till the hotel gave the all clear...Then had to move it all outside... In the end, it was still awesome. Honestly, the changes that came really would have broken most events up. We, however, did our awards and Traci's lengthy wonderful concert inside until we could go back out!!! Whew!

*Also, I was kindof alone in this, for the past few months...So I really put all my heart into the day and will GRACIOUSLY ACCEPT any ideas and help for next year!! Thanks again!

Blondie
08-14-2012, 12:50 AM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg509/scaled.php?server=509&filename=picbig10ke.jpg&res=landing

Technical foul! Let's start over and be friends xD

And that's just Florida, it rains like crazy for an hour and then it's sunny the next. There's no predicting it!

AniaR
08-14-2012, 07:33 AM
yeah no one can fault you for the weather, lol

MermanJesse
08-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Angel's costume was the most creative, unique, self-made costume at the entire event! Don't worry about what those people say. Being unique is lonely.

You must step out onto the limb because that's where the fruit is. That is what he did. He took that step out there to get the fruit.

He walked up to my booth and the first thing I said was "BROADWAY TAIL! I WANT!"

HE EVEN HAD HEELIES! :yay:

Angle, after I recover from the trip we need to talk! When I get back into drag I would love to have you create a Broadway Ariel tail for me!

Mermaid Cascada
08-14-2012, 12:26 PM
If I was old enough to hop on a plane and fly to Florida for the next merpalooza I would but since I'm not...
*Walks over to mom hugs and says "I love you mom and your the best mom in the world"* Mom says"What do you want...?"
LOL Well at least I got a free hug out of that one.

AniaR
08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
You must step out onto the limb because that's where the fruit is. That is what he did. He took that step out there to get the fruit.
I also think that statement could apply to the con as a whole :) perhaps next year more people will step in for the planning and helping process :)

Mahi Mermaid
08-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Well Mermaid Citrine and I met up to share a room at Merpalooza and we were there Friday thru Monday. For the most part her and I tried to mingle with the other mers and no one really wanted to talk- the first "meet and greet" by the pool never happened, there were just a bunch of "VIPs" at the bar by the pool eating dinner, and when we went to talk to them we were asked "Were you paid to be here? Are you a VIP? All these people here were paid to be here". Also one of the guys said we could get great under water footage if we talked to the camera guy and when we asked him, he said "yeah but it's $40"...wtf.

Also there were no signs welcoming the mermaids/pirates...there was a Zumba convention down the street and an african convention in our same hotel and they all were very organized and we looked bad compared to them, in my opinion.

There were 3 pools and I can't tell you how many times I saw girls putting on their tails, hanging out in a pool, then being told to go to the other pools where "everyone was" and then going to those pools and no one was there...this happened A LOT.

No one was on the same page.

Never knew who was in charge..still don't know who Stephanie is.

The pageant was rediculious. The dj even said "and the Most Popular award goes to...." and the only people in the room at this time were the ones that ALREADY knew they were winning. it was stupid.

No offense to Mermaid Kylee but she must have walked around with her crown and sash in a dress and heels the entire weekend. I even saw her at the pool getting her tail on with some guy following behind her like a puppy--carrying her sash and crown.

The trade show was small--and a lot of what you can see online. Hailey was there with the "I am Mermaid" logos and she had a great table with more than just "mermaid" stuff, she was about empowering the women. it was really nice.

The lady who designed the shirt for Merpalooza had a table and when I was looking at her booth I was told she did portraits. I asked her how much and she said "$900-$2000" WTF!!! Seriously what's with these people. Everything minus like 3 tables must have been a joke because who is going to go there and buy something that expensive! (on top of that they only took CASH---for things they want to be $4000??? come on.....

The pool party was also a joke- some people paid, some didn't...either way there was never a "group of mermaids" like I thought..it was always "cliques" of girls/guys that didn't really mingle with anyone.

Sasha did a fire act and she was AMAZING. that was probably the only good thing that came out of this entire event.

nothing was organized, no schedule, it was worse than a high school planned event.

Also almost all the footage you see in the news and online were not true mermaids, they were models that wore a tail for a few hours to do photo shoots. The "Merpalooza "red carpet"" that Kylee said...was only available for the people who were "some body"....definitely felt like this was a "members-only" sort of event...

In the end--I didn't show up for Sunday because I was so disappointed in how things were going so far--I spent the day at Sea World, saw some Orlando sites, and made my visit worthwhile.

I don't recommend anyone go to these events or "gatherings" alone for sure. because if I hadn't met with Mermaid Citrine, then I would have felt alone the whole time since no one was really open to meet new people other than the casual "hi, I'm so and so...."

Mahi Mermaid
08-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Also--alot of people kept asking why we would fly so far to be there (Mermaid Citrine from TX, me from NC) and we both thought people were coming from all over to be here. We spent a lot of money on plane tickets, rental cars, and the room...on top of the merpalooza event prices....and felt like not too many other did- most attendees were already from FL or were there to make money to make up for their trip costs by selling...

NerineArcticMermaid
08-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I attended Merpalooza as well..

I must say this first and foremost.. It was most definetly better than Mercon.
Now Since we had to change hotels I know that caused some issues..
Also the Wyndham had several other conventions going at the same time. We had a massive group from Nigeria there as well. That made it interesting.. I am not sure they completly understood us but it was fun answereing thier questions when stopped randomely around the pool prior to the event on thursday and Friday.

I arrived after a craptastic 12hr drive (got misguided a little on my drive down). I had been at the hotel since 4am thursday. I did leave early on sunday afternoon.

I had a booth at the trade show as well. There was a miscommunication about my tables but Steph and Murphy came up with a solution. I was greatful.. Though if seph reads this..sorry I was stressing.. wasnt you at all hun.. I get stressed out easy :/

Since I was vending alone I really didnt get much chance to see the other booths.. I was kinda chained to mine all day.

However.. Due to the large "promo" display Mertailor had. I highly recommend he be put off in a corner with more space around him. I was constanly haveing to save my art from being kicked and trampled by people trying to get photos of his mermaids. (Due to not having the size I was orgininally told I was going to have I had larger artworks leaned on the tables on the floor (not mad.. chalk it up to the venue change) )

That alone was really my biggest issue.

All in all I had a glorious time.. I met alot of great people! Didnt sell much but I broke even travel fund wise so it was cool.

This was my first time in Florida... But being from Georgia I was used to the summertime pop up rain storms..
That being said the storm that came up during the time we were supposed to go out to the pool was dangerous. I am very impressed by the hotel for thinking of its guest who may not be familiar with the weather in the area. There was alot of lightening..

As for not going out ther until late... well its not like you can start handing out awards then suddenly stop and move everyone and start back up.. thats just too much chaos.

The awards were not rigged..to whom ever suggested that. I won Best Mermaid Artist: Mixed Media. I am in no way popular. I was shockled that I was even nominated and even more shocked I won!
It was my suggetion also that the artist catagory be split to different types so that it was more fair. It was also a new system for voting. So yeah theres gonna be slight snafoos.

Honestly.. I didnt know there was supposed to be stuff going Sunday.
My plan even if there was events was to still hit a spring. I had hoped to hit the ocean too but.. this poor mermaid was waaay too tired of driving to do much else than go to Rainbow Spring on the way home. It was only a small side trip for me on the way back to Georgia.

To sum it up. For a "second-ish" year event.. It went swimingly!

There is always room for improvements.

Would I go next year... Heck YEAH!

**Warning shameless self promo here**
all art and other goodies I had that didnt sell willbe put into a newly created etsy shop.. including my magnets....

Stephanie Sims
08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Well Mermaid Citrine and I met up to share a room at Merpalooza and we were there Friday thru Monday. For the most part her and I tried to mingle with the other mers and no one really wanted to talk- the first "meet and greet" by the pool never happened, there were just a bunch of "VIPs" at the bar by the pool eating dinner, and when we went to talk to them we were asked "Were you paid to be here? Are you a VIP? All these people here were paid to be here". Also one of the guys said we could get great under water footage if we talked to the camera guy and when we asked him, he said "yeah but it's $40"...wtf.

Also there were no signs welcoming the mermaids/pirates...there was a Zumba convention down the street and an african convention in our same hotel and they all were very organized and we looked bad compared to them, in my opinion.

There were 3 pools and I can't tell you how many times I saw girls putting on their tails, hanging out in a pool, then being told to go to the other pools where "everyone was" and then going to those pools and no one was there...this happened A LOT.

No one was on the same page.

Never knew who was in charge..still don't know who Stephanie is.

The pageant was rediculious. The dj even said "and the Most Popular award goes to...." and the only people in the room at this time were the ones that ALREADY knew they were winning. it was stupid.

No offense to Mermaid Kylee but she must have walked around with her crown and sash in a dress and heels the entire weekend. I even saw her at the pool getting her tail on with some guy following behind her like a puppy--carrying her sash and crown.

The trade show was small--and a lot of what you can see online. Hailey was there with the "I am Mermaid" logos and she had a great table with more than just "mermaid" stuff, she was about empowering the women. it was really nice.

The lady who designed the shirt for Merpalooza had a table and when I was looking at her booth I was told she did portraits. I asked her how much and she said "$900-$2000" WTF!!! Seriously what's with these people. Everything minus like 3 tables must have been a joke because who is going to go there and buy something that expensive! (on top of that they only took CASH---for things they want to be $4000??? come on.....

The pool party was also a joke- some people paid, some didn't...either way there was never a "group of mermaids" like I thought..it was always "cliques" of girls/guys that didn't really mingle with anyone.

Sasha did a fire act and she was AMAZING. that was probably the only good thing that came out of this entire event.

nothing was organized, no schedule, it was worse than a high school planned event.

Also almost all the footage you see in the news and online were not true mermaids, they were models that wore a tail for a few hours to do photo shoots. The "Merpalooza "red carpet"" that Kylee said...was only available for the people who were "some body"....definitely felt like this was a "members-only" sort of event...

In the end--I didn't show up for Sunday because I was so disappointed in how things were going so far--I spent the day at Sea World, saw some Orlando sites, and made my visit worthwhile.

I don't recommend anyone go to these events or "gatherings" alone for sure. because if I hadn't met with Mermaid Citrine, then I would have felt alone the whole time since no one was really open to meet new people other than the casual "hi, I'm so and so...."
Krystal, The red carpet was for everyone. *Now, before the rain and lightning Saturday night, the videographer and pgotogrpaher had a plan to have the red carpet area at the pool, so that all who entered HAD to pass over the red carptet to get in the party. The rain, lack of ability to do this outside...Made us have to bring the red carpet thing inside. That was for everyone, and it was intended for everyone to ham it up.

Believe me, bobbing and weaving with the room and weather changes, I can see how it might have seemd odd on your end.

You ARE somebody, I apologize if even for a minute you felt that you weren't. On Friday, the meet and greet was for EVERYONE who was there...No one was paid to be there except, of course, any entertainers who showed up... The intention.. and this did happen on Friday night...was to eat, frink, meet, take pics and swim informally.. It was intentionally unconstructed.

I am very surprised that Kylee said anything about the red carpet..I do appreciate her as a former Queen and she was there to help, as pageant Queens do...If you had to be somebody to be on the red carpet, I guess I wasn't either, as I barely saw the red carpet..ugh. I really know her pretty well - I don't feel she was trying to be insulting.

The pageant was the tail contest during the day...It was fun.... Everyone got awards and participation in our calendar.

The awards, which were supposed to be presented outside, couldn't be outside, due to rain. Per the hotel. Hotel would not allow us to go outside until 8:30. However, our schedle did begin officially at seven. So that first 1 1/2 hours needed to stay IN the ballroom. Also, Traci Hines' concert couldn't happen outside, due to rain.

NO ONE knew they were going to win an award.

Everyone paid for the pool party. No one got in free. Most had already bought their tickets online and some had bought tickets at the trade show. The venodrs each got 2 free tickets each.

We had some GREAT vendors... People did come from far and wide to come.Colorado, Arizona, California, Europe, Canada...

*I stepped into the event when a date had already been announced and performers hired...but that was it., and I carried it through so that it would actually happen...Just like last year. A team would have been nice. I met vendors, in some cases, for the first time when they showed up to claim their table.

*An event that I am able to plan, start to finish.....hopefully would not have had some of these concerns. I am not perfect at all by all means and don't mean to sound that way, but I was juggling so much, you would not believe.

In the end, everyone loved meeting friends. i am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you. :)

AniaR
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
there's a great video showing some well spoken people http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/71784601/News/Mermaids-make-a-splash-at-Orlando-gathering and Jesse haha!

Krystal, Im sorry it felt clique to you, you're not the only one to say that, and I've had several emails from people simply venting to me about the nastiness of a certain person with a giant display. Unfortunately, I think when people are all into ego and drama, they tend to bring their entourage. I can see that even in photos and I wasnt there, let alone all the people I hear talking about it.

Is there a listing Stephanie of all the titles and who won? There are people I never heard if before, I found another Canadian Mermaid because she won international mermaid!

It's too bad Hannah wasnt there. If possible for the next one it would be so cool to have a panel of people who specialize in different aspects of mermaiding to speak! Probably should start the thread soon haha for all the ideas for next year :)

Also, if people find public photo albums can they link here so we can still see them?

I was wondering if mermagica showed up this year? They seemed to be really present last year and I didnt see them in any photos.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences. Thanks to everyone who took part and put it on too!

Spindrift
08-14-2012, 07:16 PM
@Raina: Mermagica wasn't there
@Krystal: You should have hung out with me! I only saw you around a few times, and I didn't just hang out with one group.

NerineArcticMermaid
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
yeah theego was there.i hadring side view of it.. plus theydidnt mingle at pool party

AniaR
08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
still trying to find public FB galleries that show merpalooza! someone sent me mertailor's, but big surprise, instead of photos of merpalooza it's mostly photos of mertailor... lol https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.507386549278932.135461.130816216935969&type=1 oh well, have some tail eye candy

come on Jesse! show some photos man!

Michi did you get any?

AniaR
08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
I asked Cait to makes her public and she did, MORE PHOTOS https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417890488247342.84575.100000791841618&type=3

AniaR
08-14-2012, 10:01 PM
another public album :D https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417926404910417.84580.100000791841618&type=1

NatalieMermaid
08-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Hey Mer-friends.

I attended Merpalooza and came from California with Thom Shouse and the Mermaid Rentals. I have had a lot of experience working and visiting conventions and I would say Merpalooza has been one of my favorites. Merpalooza was on the smaller side of conventions but this was the 1st merpalooza and these things only grow and get better. I always prefer a smaller convention where you get to meet and connect with people and don't feel rushed or overwhelmed to get through the showroom floor. I thought it was great that there were multiple types of tail makers there so people could see what is available to them, along with many accessories and art work for mermaids. I noticed the prices on merchandise ran from both low and affordable to high and collectible. I suppose the more work that goes into hand made objects the more expensive they become. I would love an even larger array of booths next year mermaid, nautical and pirate themed. I can understand why many companies didnt sign up to have booths. Without knowing a previous years turnout its hard for some companies to put money into a convention booth. I have no doubt after this years turnout, merpalooza's staff will be able to book more booths for next year.

I feel like the schedule of events went smoothly especially due to the last minute hotel change (which was thrown on the hosts of merpalooza last minute...I saw a facebook post about this.) and the un-forseen weather we experienced. Despite these two things the hotel and merpalooza accommodated us by moving an outdoor event indoors until the weather cleared up. The hotel security did seem a little confused as to where we were allowed to swim but It was never a huge deal. Personally I always had the best time swimming in the main Mer pool because that is where i met up with other mermaids i didnt know.

Almost everyone I talked to was very friendly and outgoing. Even those that outwardly said they were not outgoing, were very friendly and talkative to me. I can honestly say I made many new friends and a few mer-sisters this weekend. I can not wait till next years merpalooza to meetup with some of these new found friends.

The entertainment was great! The stage was setup with a podium that had Balloon art of a pirate and a mermaid on it, a podium and a DJ. The music playing durring the day was fun and upbeat, the live singers and magician that I saw were very talented but the audience was quite small. The different portions of the pageant was fun to watch, which consisted of the different age groups, the gown, tail and talent portions of the show. You did not have to participate in all 3 areas to participate in the pageant which I thought was great!

The one thing I missed was the red carpet event. I was so exhausted from packing to get to FL and having fun with my new friends I passed out right before the event. (There is never enough time in a day. Especially when your having as much fun as I had) I really wish I was there to support my friends who had won awards.

I got to wear Thom Shouse tails, I got to try Merman Jesse's tail and was super excited when I found out the main mer-pool was 11 feet deep/ (deeper than most swimming pools)

All in all I would say I had a Fintastic time and can not wait until next years Merpalooza!

NatalieMermaid
08-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Angel the little merman your costume was AMAZ-BUBBLES!!!!

Moonflower
08-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Michi did you get any?

No, all the straight men seemed to be taken... Oh, you mean pictures! I got a few of my booth (like, 3) and a lot of footage of Mermaid Fawkes swimming in the pool (with Jesse), but not a lot else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o23NFoBcG9g&amp;list=UUNZZ03OWB7FZjb5dDaoZY9w&amp; index=1&amp;feature=plcp

AniaR
08-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Jesse posted photos on FB too https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.404671046247721.86261.390098897704936&type=1 :)

Mermaid Narina
08-15-2012, 07:03 AM
im glad the drama has toned down a bit now :3
i wish wish wish i could go to merpalooza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im actually going to america with my family in a little while, but alas a few months too late :(
when im older and i have money im SO going to go to EVERY SINGLE MERMAID EVENT I CAN FIND!!!!!!!

Stephanie Sims
08-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Please mark your calendars. Dates for next year have been set. The main day will be Saturday, August 10th. This will be out recurring weeklend in Orlando from here on in, in addition to any other locations through the year. *We definitely want to make MerPalooza in Orlando an annual event

*For next year, We are going to book a location that has, again, multiple pools and hopefully an INDOOR POOL and awesome lobby so that if the worst happens, we can still swim to our hearts' content! If you absolutely loved the Wyndham, please let me know...and please let me know why. There was a lot to love, including the grounds, which were first class and made for terrific photo opps... Room prices were good...Should we go back there? If so, party would have better lighting this coming year by the pool.

I will keep everyone posted on location. Thank you so much!!!

NerineArcticMermaid
08-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Wyndham was ok but the food choices on site were not so good... not alot of choices for those of us with special diets. Rooms(beds) were pretty nice. I do admit when you called for towels they were there in a flash! Especially since one of my roomies kept useing all the towels up LOL!

AniaR
08-15-2012, 12:21 PM
thanks for all your hard work stephanie. you looked cute as a button in the photos ive seen

mermanjr
08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Wyndham was ok but the food choices on site were not so good... not alot of choices for those of us with special diets. Rooms(beds) were pretty nice. I do admit when you called for towels they were there in a flash! Especially since one of my roomies kept useing all the towels up LOL!I know..Prices were a little high...also...I am hoping we can get a few sponsorships so that we can have a nice catered meal for the awards and performances, with options available. We had a lot of vegetarians as well...Gotta say, the staff was great!

Angel the Little Merman
08-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Well I believe we will have alot of sponsorship for next year so I do feel this time it's gonna be bigger and better, maybe next year I hoping to come back as a vendor.

AniaR
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=U4Wcyr6LP6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5gtmNtoHKA&amp;feature=g-u-u

from jesse!!!

Mermaid Star
08-15-2012, 05:16 PM
@Stephanie I would like to let you know that there are plans to demolish that hotel in the near future. Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend is there every year and it had to move this year (to the Hilton) because the Wyndam will not be there by October (apparently). It was a good venue and I know it well but unfortunately it wil not be an option. :( Having the World's Largest McDonalds and the Worlds Largest Checkers across the street was awesome!

WavyMermaidy
08-15-2012, 06:07 PM
That's too bad about the hotel...it has such a nice big, spacious, tropical atmosphere on the grounds

MermanJesse
08-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah,

Wyndham was the best location. We were walking distance to IHOP, McD, Denny's, Popeye's, etc.

I would love to do it at Universal, but the location of Wyndham is perfect. Perhaps we can all get a group shot by the big "lake" thing next time!

I will have MY OWN Mermaid Creations tail next time. I am not putting Raina's skinny butt tail over my big bum anymore!....LOL

AniaR
08-15-2012, 06:55 PM
hahahahahaha :D

NerineArcticMermaid
08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
i dont think the hotel is being torn down.. they are undergoing massive rennovations.... our building was being worked on

NerineArcticMermaid
08-15-2012, 07:46 PM
@jesse... dont know how you got into that tail..i couldnt do it.. i think ill stick to my glourious tail :)

MermanJesse
08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
That's how I roll, and how versatile my Creations are!

:yay:

MermanJesse
08-15-2012, 08:14 PM
GASP!

I forgot about something!

I was in the pool in the "Raina Tail", when suddenly Jack Sparrow stepped on my fluke! *swoons then cues 'I Can Hear The Bells' from Hairspray*

:eyebrows:

Angel the Little Merman
08-15-2012, 08:34 PM
GASP!

I forgot about something!

I was in the pool in the "Raina Tail", when suddenly Jack Sparrow stepped on my fluke! *swoons then cues 'I Can Hear The Bells' from Hairspray*

:eyebrows:

LOL! I love it! *hums tune at the moment* Someone must be really happy at that moment.;)

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I put my photos up here, hope they help those who weren't there:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.273869742718701.49815.267968739975468&type=3

blenny
08-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I really think those are the best fluke and fins designs I've seen yet Merman Jessie

Stephanie Sims
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM
@Stephanie I would like to let you know that there are plans to demolish that hotel in the near future. Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend is there every year and it had to move this year (to the Hilton) because the Wyndam will not be there by October (apparently). It was a good venue and I know it well but unfortunately it wil not be an option. :( Having the World's Largest McDonalds and the Worlds Largest Checkers across the street was awesome!Re: location...ugh, I heard SOMETHING about renovations. they called me yesterday, eager to discuss next year...?>>>Thank you for the info. Also, I have started a facebook photo album that is a compilation of photos from everywhere. It will be added to daily over the next couple of weeks...Please feel free to share, tag yourselves, etc. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3188620488877.110885.1666787160&type=1

Aquanewbie
08-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Sodu. I am from Africa. I am a 26 year old female from South Africa studying at the university here.

As you can guess, there were other conventions going on the weekend of August 11 - 12 at Wyndham in Orlando. Well, as fate would have it, I got lost and entered the wrong convention room. Suddenly I found myself drifting from one mythical table to the next, surrounded by beautiful mermaids and mermaid tails! These things simply do not happen in Africa! I was stunned! I didn't even want to go to my own convention room, and snuck out whenever possible to head to your merpalooza room. I'm not even sure what the term merpalooza really means. Anyways, I was too timid to speak to anyone in the merpalooza room, as my spoken English isn't the greatest, plus I have a strong accent. I wanted to chat, but was just too timid. I was happy just to wander around and look.

There was one tail maker that I wanted some more information on, if anyone can help me out. The tails that stood out the most to me were ones I saw back in the back of the room. I do not know the tail makers name, but there was a BEAUTIFUL blue and white tail lying on the table stuffed with what appeared to be white beach towels or blankets. I about jumped out of my shoes when I saw these tails! I timidly reached out to touch it when no one was looking, fully expecting it to jump back at me. It looked SO REAL! So lifelike, and brilliant!

There was another orange-ish tail on another table closer to the wall, but the blue and white one impressed me most. Both of these tails had beautiful fins on the sides.

Later on, I came back, and found that there there were TWO MORE tails that weren't there the first time I walked around the room. There was a light purple one, with these amazing fins and a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL dark red one was by far the most incredible one in the room. The dark red one had the most fins of all.

This time there were two gentlemen at the table, both wearing green shirts. I wanted to say hi, and to comment on the tails, but I was too timid. I stood at the other booths and stole glances from the corners of my eyes as I pretended to be looking at the other items on the other tables nearby.

Each time I saw these tails, I almost had to "pinch myself", to use your American phrase, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. You Americans certainly think up everything, and these tails are proof of that!

I am now back in South Africa again. I was quite impressed with what saw that day in that room. It took some time searching on the internet to find out that the event was called merpaloza, and that this website was somehow involved in the event.

If someone can help me contact this tail maker, I'd certainly appreciate it!

AniaR
08-16-2012, 12:40 PM
those tails were by Jesse, the guy who just posted above :)

Spindrift
08-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Sodu. I am from Africa. I am a 26 year old female from South Africa studying at the university here.

As you can guess, there were other conventions going on the weekend of August 11 - 12 at Wyndham in Orlando. Well, as fate would have it, I got lost and entered the wrong convention room. Suddenly I found myself drifting from one mythical table to the next, surrounded by beautiful mermaids and mermaid tails! These things simply do not happen in Africa! I was stunned! I didn't even want to go to my own convention room, and snuck out whenever possible to head to your merpalooza room. I'm not even sure what the term merpalooza really means. Anyways, I was too timid to speak to anyone in the merpalooza room, as my spoken English isn't the greatest, plus I have a strong accent. I wanted to chat, but was just too timid. I was happy just to wander around and look.

There was one tail maker that I wanted some more information on, if anyone can help me out. The tails that stood out the most to me were ones I saw back in the back of the room. I do not know the tail makers name, but there was a BEAUTIFUL blue and white tail lying on the table stuffed with what appeared to be white beach towels or blankets. I about jumped out of my shoes when I saw these tails! I timidly reached out to touch it when no one was looking, fully expecting it to jump back at me. It looked SO REAL! So lifelike, and brilliant!

There was another orange-ish tail on another table closer to the wall, but the blue and white one impressed me most. Both of these tails had beautiful fins on the sides.

Later on, I came back, and found that there there were TWO MORE tails that weren't there the first time I walked around the room. There was a light purple one, with these amazing fins and a STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL dark red one was by far the most incredible one in the room. The dark red one had the most fins of all.

This time there were two gentlemen at the table, both wearing green shirts. I wanted to say hi, and to comment on the tails, but I was too timid. I stood at the other booths and stole glances from the corners of my eyes as I pretended to be looking at the other items on the other tables nearby.

Each time I saw these tails, I almost had to "pinch myself", to use your American phrase, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. You Americans certainly think up everything, and these tails are proof of that!

I am now back in South Africa again. I was quite impressed with what saw that day in that room. It took some time searching on the internet to find out that the event was called merpaloza, and that this website was somehow involved in the event.

If someone can help me contact this tail maker, I'd certainly appreciate it!

That's so cool! The tails you are talking about are definitely Merman Jesse's from http://www.mermaidcreations-inc.com (http://www.mermaidcreations-inc.com/)!
You can either message him on MerNetwork, or email him at mercreations@hotmail.com.

I'm really glad you got to join in. I loved South Africa when I visited a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful country.

Aquanewbie
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you so much, both of you! Such quick replies, too! I will check out his website after classes today when I have more time. His tails were certainly the best ones in the room, and his tables should have been in the center of the room, not hidden way back n the back!

Spindrift
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Re: location...ugh, I heard SOMETHING about renovations. they called me yesterday, eager to discuss next year...?>>>Thank you for the info. Also, I have started a facebook photo album that is a compilation of photos from everywhere. It will be added to daily over the next couple of weeks...Please feel free to share, tag yourselves, etc. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3188620488877.110885.1666787160&type=1

@Stephanie: The album says it's currently unavailable. Are the settings for it open to the public?

Spindrift
08-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Thank you so much, both of you! Such quick replies, too! I will check out his website after classes today when I have more time. His tails were certainly the best ones in the room, and his tables should have been in the center of the room, not hidden way back n the back!

No problem! Haha I'm sure he would love reading this! Good luck on your mer-adventure. :)

Stephanie Sims
08-16-2012, 01:11 PM
@Stephanie: The album says it's currently unavailable. Are the settings for it open to the public?ooh, I will make sure! Thank you!

NerineArcticMermaid
08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
the blue and white tail was mine :)
its inspired by the arctic cold ocean glad you liked my design.
jesse does an awesome job bring peoples ideas and dreams to life

MermaidNerenia
08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Plans next year need to be made for a group trip that Sunday to Rainbow River or even a day trip that Friday. That would be awesome. The dates are in my calendar and I will ABSOLUTELY be there next year!

Stephanie Sims
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Plans next year need to be made for a group trip that Sunday to Rainbow River or even a day trip that Friday. That would be awesome. The dates are in my calendar and I will ABSOLUTELY be there next year!Odette, I agree...I was a landlubber, trying to plan nice things for all to do...and even I got cabin fever. I understand now that you all who do have tails - and now I have one too! - would like to go and get swims in and get pics in a nice spring! Thank you for the suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!

NerineArcticMermaid
08-16-2012, 04:53 PM
yeah i like the idea of a trip to a spring...need to find a big one nearby... from orlando it was almost 1.5hr drive up to Rainbow Springs. I went there on the way home...

MermanJesse
08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Aquanewbie, if you can make it back to Orlando next year, I WILL have a tail for you to at least swim in, with the option to purchase at a discount!

Thank you so much for entering the wrong room!

Everyone on this forum should be proud that they are apart of a community that had such an amazing effect on you, BY COMPLETE ACCIDENT!

Mermaid Citrine
08-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I agree with most everything Moonflower said, except that I knew who Traci Hines was and only got positive vibes from her.
I wrote a detailed feedback on the mer palooza facebook page but my overall feeling is that the event/s felt more like a private gathering than an open convention and more about competition than collaboration. I guess it depends on what the goal of the event was...I would like to see more collaboration and sharing, like the idea to have panels and more togetherness....there was a lot of "Vip this" "Vip that" which not only felt un-welcoming but was funny because the "Vips" ended up making up over 90% of the attendance so the few mers that weren't Vip were just left out of most stuff. Luckily I'm the type of person who can walk up to strangers and introduce myself so I did all weekend and got mixed receptions. I focus on the positive so I'm remembering all the nice open people I met there. I'm sure future events can be improved. Being close proximity to the springs was nice....finally after pulling teeth all weekend to get anyone to go to one with me I was able to go monday morning to Alexander Springs before I flew out and took 2 others with me and we got some nice video and photos which are on my facebook
facebook.com/MermaidCitrine
:)

Come on people who went! Spill! And we want photos!

Moonflower
08-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I just came back from Rainbow Springs (and have the sunburn to prove it), and I really, really hope we can get a group together to go next year. Maybe there'd be a way to pay a few bucks (like say 10-15 each) and charter a bus if we have enough people? Everyone there loves us when we swim in our tails!

Stephanie Sims
08-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes, we can definitely do the bus thing. I am so sorry any of you felt left out. *This was only about gathering... Next year, introductions and get-to-know you activities!

Aquanewbie
08-17-2012, 03:28 AM
the blue and white tail was mine :)
its inspired by the arctic cold ocean glad you liked my design.
jesse does an awesome job bring peoples ideas and dreams to life

That was your tail???? That blue and white one, plus the dark red one, were the two absolute best tails in the whole place that I could see. They almost looked alive! You are so fortunate to be able to have such a nice tail. I have no idea what such a tail would cost, and it's none of my business, but it looks to be worth every penny!

I do not know any of the mermaid tail makers, and from what I could tell by walking around the room "like a kid in a candy store", as you Americans say, it seemed to me that there were a number of mermaid tail makers there showing off their tails. All of the tails I saw looked nice, but the blue one and the red one looked the best, and if I had the means, I would certainly buy one of them for myself!

Red is my favorite color, so the red one would be my dream tail, but the blue would be right up there at the top of my list as well! You are so lucky to have such a beautiful tail.

Were you at merpaloza as well? If you were, I probably walked right past you and didnt even know it !

Aquanewbie
08-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Aquanewbie, if you can make it back to Orlando next year, I WILL have a tail for you to at least swim in, with the option to purchase at a discount!

Thank you so much for entering the wrong room!

Everyone on this forum should be proud that they are apart of a community that had such an amazing effect on you, BY COMPLETE ACCIDENT!

That is so generous of you, MermanJesse! Your tails are truly amazing. Flying to America was a first for me, and will probably be my last. We simply don't have the opportunites in Africa that Americans have to travel.

Travel limitations aren't the only issue. I had the opportunity to look at your website and I can say that for now, I won't have the means to buy a tail, even at a discounted rate. I know the economic situation isn't so great in America at te moment, but it is far worse in my country.

But, it is unlike me to get depressed at what I don't have. I prefer to be thankful for what I do have. And what I did have was the chance to visit your country, and, entirely by accident enter in to a world of mermaids, if only for a day!

America truly is blessed, and from what I saw, is truly the promised land! The land of opportunity!

As for a tail....... maybe someday! :)

NerineArcticMermaid
08-17-2012, 10:19 AM
aqua..yes i was there i wasthe artist right at the doors whenyou came in.. i had all thefeamedcartcpaintings..
so glad you likedmy tail.. its a dream come true to finally have one!

Brenda Peterson
08-17-2012, 01:56 PM
5428I attended Merpalooza in Orlando last week and covered it for The Huffington Post. I was so impressed with the beauty and style and ocean conservation of professional mermaids. As a novelist and National Geographic author, most of my 17 books (http://www.BrendaPetersonBooks.com)are about oceans, marine mammals, and water myths. My new book, THE DROWNING WORLD is set in a future of rising seas and its characters are merpeople from an advanced underwater civilization. It's fantasy/sci-fi and I've been working on this fifth novel since 2003. THE DROWNING WORLD is due out in September and you can preview it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Drowning-World-Aquantis-Series-ebook/dp/B008SCOVKW). Here's my link to the Huffington Post article "How to Become a Real Mermaid" (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brenda-peterson/mermaids_b_1790946.html?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=Green#es_share_ended) on Merpalooza with an interview with producer Stephanie Sims and Mermaids Enaikai and Hannah Fraser. I'll do a follow-up piece and more interviews soon. Delighted to join Mer Network!

Stephanie Sims
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Love it, Brenda! I am so proud of the story. my dad, who is still living and who was always reluctant to talk about the mermaiding thing, will also be proud! :)

AniaR
08-17-2012, 06:52 PM
thanks for joining Brenda!

Brenda Peterson
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Stephanie, I'm so glad to hear from you and know you liked my article in the Huffington Post. I send you an email and called that number we spoke on before when I was in Florida but hadn't heard back, so I'm delighted that you saw the piece. I hope your father likes it, too. I saw only one other article about Merpalooza in the Orlando Sentinel. Did you also get some TV coverage? It was a fabulous event and I'm so happy I could join with you. I also put some photos up on my personal blog at www.BrendaPetersonBooks.com (http://www.BrendaPetersonBooks.com). More soon as I bring THE DROWNING WORLD (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brenda-peterson/mermaids_b_1790946.html?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=Green) out. Please keep in touch!

Brenda Peterson
08-17-2012, 07:43 PM
My pleasure, Raina! Love these mermaid visuals. How beautiful! Do you mind if I link to your Facebook page on Huff Post?

Brenda Peterson
08-17-2012, 07:46 PM
PS Here's a link to my personal blog (http://www.brendapetersonbooks.com/blog/) and some other photos about Merpalooza. Enjoy!

Merman_Shawn
08-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/71784601/News/Mermaids-make-a-splash-at-Orlando-gathering#gl-0

Ayla of Duluth
08-20-2012, 02:46 AM
Lol Jesse looks so happy in that video

NerineArcticMermaid
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
My art is being shown but they never showed me :(

Mermaid Lorelei
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
^Oh sad. Your artwork is very nice though. :>

NerineArcticMermaid
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks..just would have been nice since they showed it..... to show me as well

Mermaid Star
08-21-2012, 06:17 PM
yeah i like the idea of a trip to a spring...need to find a big one nearby... from orlando it was almost 1.5hr drive up to Rainbow Springs. I went there on the way home...

wekiva springs isn't too far from there. Maybe a 20-30 minute drive

AniaR
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
when I come back to Florida I neeeed to go to a springs :)

Moonflower
08-21-2012, 11:39 PM
when I come back to Florida I neeeed to go to a springs :)
Let me know when you come back, I'll definitely take you! ^_^

Mermaid Star
08-22-2012, 12:18 AM
You know I am in too Raina! :)

AniaR
08-22-2012, 09:11 AM
fo sho! <3

AniaR
08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
HEY PEOPLE would someone give us permission to post their merpalooza photos in tail flip?

NerineArcticMermaid
08-26-2012, 07:23 PM
You have my permission :)

mermanjr
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
i have upload about 600 pics from Merpalooza here on mer network just awaiting approval from an adminstrator so they can be seen in the gallery Raina

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-26-2012, 09:44 PM
My photos aren't especially great, but if you like 'em you can use 'em, and I can email you originals if you'd like as well.

mermanjr
08-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Awesome and thank you
my email is sailorsaturn992003@yahoo.com

Mermaid Star
08-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Feel free to use some of me, but if there are any of me that you use, could you send me a copy to yay or nay? I am cool with my image shown I just would like it to be a flattering one and not one with say mascara running down my face or something like that. LOL

Mermaid Sirena
08-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm certain you all have posted the links to where your images are hosted in this thread but with the Tail Flip Deadline approaching & myself having very little time if you all could be dolls & just repost the links to your images here so they an be quickly found & gone through I would greatly appreciate it!

Stephanie Sims
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm certain you all have posted the links to where your images are hosted in this thread but with the Tail Flip Deadline approaching & myself having very little time if you all could be dolls & just repost the links to your images here so they an be quickly found & gone through I would greatly appreciate it!http://www.facebook.com/StarSearchUSA/photos

Stephanie Sims
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm certain you all have posted the links to where your images are hosted in this thread but with the Tail Flip Deadline approaching & myself having very little time if you all could be dolls & just repost the links to your images here so they an be quickly found & gone through I would greatly appreciate it!http://www.facebook.com/StarSearchUSA/photos O have a ton of pics...If you go to my photo page and scroll down, there are tons of Merpalooza!!

Mermaid Gosalyn
08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm certain you all have posted the links to where your images are hosted in this thread but with the Tail Flip Deadline approaching & myself having very little time if you all could be dolls & just repost the links to your images here so they an be quickly found & gone through I would greatly appreciate it!

My photos are here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.273869742718701.49815.267968739975468&type=1

If you let me know which ones you like, if any, I will gladly email originals to anyone who wants 'em. :)

NerineArcticMermaid
08-27-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.410945812261262.86658.100000375395754&type=1
thats the album for mine too! let me know if you use any!

Stephanie Sims
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
i have upload about 600 pics from Merpalooza here on mer network just awaiting approval from an adminstrator so they can be seen in the gallery RainaThenk you for asking permission,
all...And yes, please feel free to use all that are out there. Stephanie, MerPalooza.com

mermanjr
09-08-2012, 10:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.417890488247342.84575.100000791841618&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421481501221574.85594.100000791841618&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.419248408111550.84929.100000791841618&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.418618381507886.84776.100000791841618&type=3

here is a good bit of the pics from the entire event
thanks to cate and you can also use any of them you wish

Meridian Mer-Gyver
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
It might be a bit late in the game, but here are the links to my pictures from Mer-palooza!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.475770542434626.111145.200471379964545&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509028932447983.136329.100000226417295&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.565426106808265.149369.100000226417295&type=1