PDA

View Full Version : Lime Crime!

Merman_Shawn
08-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to gush about a make up company that has a lot of mermaidy lipstick colors and eye shadow pallets.
http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

Thalassa
08-12-2012, 04:51 PM
I've always loved their colors! Sadly, I haven't tested any of their products to date...

Merman_Shawn
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
I have 6 of their lipsticks and 2 of their eye pallets. The lipsticks are to die for! Great color payoff and very opaque. The eye shadows have great pigment, but should be used with a primer(any brand) for the best results.

Lyna
08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
yea that particular pallette marketed with mermaids was realesed last month i believe...i haven't tried it yet
i do, however, own 3 liquid glitter eyeliners, and 20 pigments. they're a little opaque dry, even with a primer, but theyx work phenomally wet, if you want to blend them with Mac mixing medium.

Winged Mermaid
08-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I've been a fan of them for years (the owner use to post tutorials on the Fairy Fashion community), but I don't own any of their stuff yet :/ I really want some of their cool colored lipsticks!

Lyna
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
yes yes. i'll take the yellow and light blue please. lol
andrea has been dying for their purple. till i told her the price. *exasperated sigh* she just doesnt understand the value of a good makeup. or the average cost.

Merman_Shawn
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I've been a fan of them for years (the owner use to post tutorials on the Fairy Fashion community), but I don't own any of their stuff yet :/ I really want some of their cool colored lipsticks!

If you go to my "Land Locked" album, in the picture with the purple hair, I'm wearing the D'lilac and Airborn Unicorn lipsticks. They are fab! You should pick some up!

Ayla of Duluth
08-12-2012, 09:31 PM
-jaw drops- is that how much makeup costs?! no wonder i've never used it! i'd go broke!

Arella
08-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Very nice colors!

Sephina
08-12-2012, 10:26 PM
-jaw drops- is that how much makeup costs?! no wonder i've never used it! i'd go broke! I feel the same way. But it really is worth the money you pay for it. I have a Toki Doki pallet from sephora. And you have to use so little to get such GREAT colors, it lasts a super long time. So I think it would probably be worth it in the long run, I just wish I could afford it now.

Mermaid Annariea
08-12-2012, 11:20 PM
is any of it waterproof/swimmable??

Winged Mermaid
08-12-2012, 11:22 PM
-jaw drops- is that how much makeup costs?! no wonder i've never used it! i'd go broke!

Well you have to pick and choose your "evils", haha. Like I wear drug store mascara and eyeliner, but you bet your kelp I splurge on my under eye concealer and eye primers, because the quality is very well worth it. When I restock my expensive stuff I can blow $200 on 5-6 things. On the other hand I also got a 120 color palate of eyeshadow off of eBay for $20 and it has great pigment, which the more costly eye primer makes it work great! But yeah, it CAN be expensive if you get a taste for "the good stuff"! Sometimes I tell myself aloud in Sephora to "Just walk away." ;D

Winged Mermaid
08-12-2012, 11:23 PM
is any of it waterproof/swimmable??

With the right primer and/or sealer I would say yes. From what I can tell their stuff is very pigmented! I've heard people compare it with Mac shadows. High pigmentation is important for water wear for sure.

LittleAmy
08-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Sorry if I tell you that but Limecrime buy their make up at beauty from the earth and resale them...
I really prefer to buy directely on BFTE than them....

Lyna
08-13-2012, 09:50 AM
i own all of the beauty from the earth pigments. i can maybe some similarities on how opaque they are when dry...but bfte is more opaque than lime crime. and they DEFINATELY have different colors. i own so many brands of makeup its ridiculous...so just like tattoo ink..i have doubles and triples going because of brands. and they are def not the same. not saying you are wrong...but if that is the case, then lime crime is doing something to the pigments after they get them to make them brighter AND change the colors.
ayla- beauty from the earth offers containers i believe are 1 gram each and $6.50 per color. lime crime containers are the same size amount but are $12 per color. i don't remember off hand their other products, because i'm primarily an eyeshadow queen. (you can pop over to my makeup almbum and i'll answer any brand questions you might have.)
and if you're my friend on fb, this will take you to my makeups folder: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.459146726566.248939.698216566&type=3

Sea Pearl
08-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Some of those pallet colours are lovely! Just a little expensive for me at the moment.