PDA

View Full Version : Day one testing my mertailor tail!

Lyna
08-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Let me start out by saying: No. No no no no no no no no no. No.
Ok.
So....yes. This tail is very very pretty.
Yes. I waited years to buy it.
Yes. I waited months to receive it.
And yes. Unfortunately....everything that's been said about the swim-ness of this tail is unfortunately true.
The tail is just too big. You wouldn't think crazy big. But it's too big. More than 3 hours on a dry shoot and it's stretching and falling off. One hop into the water and it is not comfortable.
Also, yes. The fluke gets water pockets. Ugh....I was REALLY hoping that issue had been worked out. They weren't bad. Nothing like in Raina's video's. But they were definitely there. One on top of each foot, and a smaller set under each foot. It was enough to add a funky weight to the fin that stopped any hopes of propulsion, and made the tail very heavy...even in water....where it should be weightless.
Oh, and also I would like to throw in that this is the FOURTH tail I have swam in...so I am not an idiot, nor am I just inexperienced not knowing what to do or expect. The tail is simply unfunctional.
Sadly, this tail is going to be a dry events only tail for me. Boo. But there you have it.
And yes, I am going to be writing full reviews on all my tails and tailmakers in the near future, now that I have used all of my products in every talley chart I had set out to use them for.

Mermaid Annariea
08-14-2012, 05:37 AM
thats such a shame :( im sorry you spent so much on something you wont get much use out of. hopefully youll be able to get a cute mermaid belt or something to help hide the waist for dry shoots <3

Mermaid Annariea
08-14-2012, 05:38 AM
at least you have your fish butt though!! :D

AniaR
08-14-2012, 07:32 AM
yeah neoprin (not neoprene) just keeps stretching and stretching :(

Lyna
08-14-2012, 12:42 PM
here is a shot BEFORE i ever got it into the water.

Merman_Shawn
08-14-2012, 12:48 PM
OUCH! Sorry hun! Like Brianna said, at least you have your Fish Butt. :/

AniaR
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
:( you can always sell it. *shrug* sorry, I dont recommend him ever, because he's been so nasty to so many people, there are so many unresolved complaints, many people have had to get lawyers to get refunds (yes more than 1 and I can back that up) and he uses cheapest materials possible but advertises like it's high quality for those tails. Basically you need to be someone who is famous or can make him look really really good and spend a lot of money on a silicone. But even then, Bri had a terrible silicone and had to get a lawyer to get her money back.

Winged Mermaid
08-14-2012, 05:00 PM
So sorry dear :( As I said before, I'd recommend taking it to a seamstress to have them put a a zipper in and take it in so you can get it as tight as it needs to be. I've noticed ever since his switch from tin cure latex to tin cure silicone the monofin pockets are extremely visible. I wonder what's up with that?

Lyna
08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
idk. i REALLY don't want a zipper though. so i'll just maybe see if someone can take it in a bit and then store it for dry events that require me getting in and out fast...like renn faires in texas where there is lots of drinking (and therefore potty breaks) to be had.

Raivynn
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry you had this happen, too!! :( It is pretty ... but, if it isn't functional, then .... :/ Just. .. well, poo.

Mermaid Star
08-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh! Yeah that is too big and the foot pockets are more noticeable than I have ever seen before, even for Mertailor, those are really noticeable! I am sorry you are having such an issue. You can squirt some E-6000 into the areas where the air bubbles/pockets occur. That glue is a tail repair/Creation god send! It sticks to everything! Just squirt some in there and lay something heavy and flat on it so that it keeps contact and doesn't make a pocket it self. You should be able to take in the hips with a sewing machine. It might have to be more on the industrial side since there is caulking on it and a little thicker than a normal sewing machine can handle, but if you know how to sew, you can give it a try! I wish you the best of luck!

Mermaid Saphira
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Lyna, I am so sorry this happened to your tail. Look on the bright side, you have a gorgeous fishbutts tail that would love to be used. :D

Firemaid
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Lyna. I can help you. I can help with a great seamster (he is a dear friend with a industrial machine) and hiding the zipper and everything. Don't fret. :)

Lyna
08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
awesome. can't wait to get to texas. :D
i have e-6000 glue...i was considering doing that to the fluke...but i can't even get down to the monofin. like it's impossible to tighten the heel straps and everything on or off. but i'm not the thickest person....so the legs are really narros and hard to see into. i'd rather not be the cause of it being worse than it is. and yes, it needs to be taken in something fierce.
i'm still waiting on it to dry from the swim before i can do anything. it's ridiculous. my fish butt takes like two days to dry fully. but this has been DAYYYYS....

Mermaid Star
08-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Stick a fan up to it and allow it to blow inside. It will help it dry out much faster

Lyna
08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
omg star!!! you're my reference! hahaha my husband LOVED the blue and green design of your tail....i had no idea who you were....so when i last second ordered a fish butt as back up to make it to my events, i didnt have a design in mind so i panicked and shot her the tail i knew my husband would appove of. my tail is based on how gorgeous you are!!!

Mermaid Star
08-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Aw you are beyond sweet! Thank you! The tail you are talking about was a tail I modeled. It was photoshopped in those colors. (The original color of the tail being green) So you have a one of a kind tail there! :) I am glad my image could be a inspiration to you. Much Love!

Lyna
08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
yes yes! you can see it on my profile or on the new Mermaid Lyna fan page... I have most of my mermaiding blocked aside from lists on my regular page because so many people were stealing my images.

http://www.facebook.com/catz.tatz if you ever want to add me and chat sometime. :)