PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to keep hair straight in the water?

Mermaid Cascada
08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm African American and I very very VERY coarse hair (When I try to comb it the comb snaps kind of hair) And when I straighten it it looks very pretty and I can actually comb it!!! But it can't get wet or it will go back to it's old snarly self, which, as you can see will cause a problem for a mer like me :( (Lol I had no intention of making that rhyme) So how do you guys keep your hair straight? Do you have it relaxed? Do you have a weave? Please help me. :p

Lyna
08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
i was going to suggest getting it relaxed. i'm sure you know the proces...like a reverse perm. ;) but that doesn't help if you don't ALWAYS want it straight...although you can still heat treat it between if you want girls back in it.
weave would help.....but it would still be onbvious when you get the swell under yours tracks and half of your hair is different from the rest...unless you are planning on braiding the weave. Merman JV has his in braids and it's super cute and doesn't change in water.

Theobromine
08-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, I'd suggest braiding it (which is what I do with my uber long straight hair, just to keep it out of my way). Or...you could just embrace its natural texture and let it be curly! I think that would be awesome!

Mermaid Momo
08-15-2012, 12:05 AM
my hair's relaxed, but it still goes into a big afro in about 5 minutes of being out of the water, the only thing i usually do is that i make a crown or a head band like giant cornrow across the center near the front so my hair is only half of an afro and it's really cute, but it depends on how long you hair is. Mine's is shoulder length, so it doesn't make that big of an afro.