PDA

View Full Version : I need help. :/

Ariel
08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm trying to decide what my mermaid name should be.
My real name is Ariel so I was going to just be Mermaid Ariel, but I'm worried that I'll just end up becoming someone who just preforms as Ariel the little mermaid.
Any suggestions?

Blondie
08-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Oooh I see... What about Mermaid Ariella? Something a little different?

MermaidAliyah
08-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe try something that deals with your name but avoid ALL stereotypes. If someone asks you your mer name just tell them your name and if they say like the little mermaid. just act like the little mermaid is your little cousin. hope this helps

Lyna
08-15-2012, 11:53 PM
ooh yes. i see the problem. i like ariella....still you don't want to be confused and correcting people all day long that you aren't a disney character. middle name?

Ariel
08-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Well, my middle name is Kathleen, but that doesn't really sound like a mermaid name...you know?

Ariel
08-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Here's some of the names I'm thinking of:

Mermaid Pisces
Mermaid Ariel
Mermaid Venus
Mermaid Iris
Mermaid Cassipeia
Mermaid Sabrina
Mermaid Muriel "Shining sea"
Mermaid Mesi "Water"
Mermaid Naunet "Mythical goddess of the ocean"
Mermaid Meriel "Variant of Muriel "shining sea"
Mermaid Riva "From the shore"
Mermaid Narissa "Sea nymph"
Mermaid Arva "From the seashore"
Mermaid Arvia "From the seashore"
Mermaid Marine "Of the sea"
Mermaid Ceridwen - Goddess of moon, magic, agriculture, nature, poetry language, music, art, science
and astrology. She was also keeper of the cauldron.
Her name means “chiding love.” Cerridwen, Caridwen,
Kerritwen, Keridwen, Kyrridwen are other variations of her name.

Ariel
08-16-2012, 12:11 AM
If you're the kind of person who can "feel out" a name better with a photo of the person, here's a picture of me: 5382

LittleTreasure
08-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Just my opinion, but I like Pisces, Cassipeia, and Ceridwen. I got the impression you were thinking more about the last one (am I right? I don't want to put words in your mouth) since there was more info on that one. My favorite is Cassipeia though...it's very pretty. Good luck picking one out, they're all lovely!

Ariel
08-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Thank you, LittleTreasure! I like those ones as well. I've always liked the constellation Cassiopeia, and my astrology sign is Pisces so it would make sense. As for the last one, I like the meaning it has. It happened to have more info with it on the site I found it on. lol :D

Felicia
08-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I like Cassiopeia

Ariel
08-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Cassiopeia is so pretty, but I'm worried that it would be hard for little kids to say...I suppose I could just tell them to call me Cassi...?

Felicia
08-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Cassiopeia is so pretty, but I'm worried that it would be hard for little kids to say...I suppose I could just tell them to call me Cassi...?

I think that would work.

Little_Orca
08-16-2012, 01:28 AM
I have always liked the name Cnidaria (ny-dar-ee-ah), but it means jellyfish. Hehe. The list you have made is a lovely one... I dont think I could choose, save for excludifng Narissa as it makes me think Narcissus, not that you are one. That is just the first word that comes to mind whenI see it.

Ayla of Duluth
08-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Arianna? there's a nice ocean trance song by Paul Schwartz. That's actually how I chose Ayla for myself, its a song. Also, Arianna is kinda like Ariel in the sense that it starts with "Ari"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q99q_0zcc_U

Ariel
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
That's a good point! :/ And I feel like I don't really look like a narissa. Lol

Ariel
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Arianna? there's a nice ocean trance song by Paul Schwartz. That's actually how I chose Ayla for myself, its a song. Also, Arianna is kinda like Ariel in the sense that it starts with "Ari"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q99q_0zcc_U

I like that name! And I like that it's from a song since I'm a singer/songwriter! :D I'm gonna add it to the list. :)

Also, if any of you know of mermaids with any of the names above, let me know! I don't wanna steal a mermaid name. :)

Alveric
08-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Ariadne
Arabella
Arienne

For some more A's

Artisankatie
08-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Be careful for long names, my mermaid name is Volitania, and I'm always having to spell it for interviewers, or correcting their pronunciation, and kids and parents NEVER remember it >.<
Maybe you could try a name out on your friends, and see if they can spell/say/remember it :)

There's already a Nerissa on the network, so that might get confusing :P

I always liked the name Arachne (even though I'm terrified of spiders, hehe).

Good luck!

Mermaid Celissa
08-16-2012, 07:12 PM
I like Arvia, Naunet, and Mesi from the list, maybe something like Mermaid Lissette or Mermaid Sorenis, just because they sound magical ;)