PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with me?

Mermaid Saphira
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Everytime I do something, and I make it perfect, I always end up ruining it by adding something (and it not looking right) or whatever else to make it a horrible ugly mess. I feel there is something wrong with me, I can not keep myself from doing this and to this day I am still doing it. I don't know what I should do about this, I just wish I could stop :( It upsets me up 2 the point that I will fight myself for doing it and cry. why can't I just leave things alone?!

Mermaid Annariea
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
first off, nothing is wrong with you. a lot of people do this.
i do that all the time.
but how i got myself to stop was: make whatever it is temporary (im going to use an example) like instead of gluing something else on, lay everything down BEFORE you glue it. look at it for a while, and decide what you like and dont like. have other people check it out and give you some tips on what looks good and what doesnt. change it a few different ways (temporarily). when you decide what you REALLY love, then you make it permanent.
before i got my real tattoo, i got a henna to make sure i would like a tattoo in that spot. and im glad i did, because i couldnt be happier with it.
before i sent in my design to stevi for my tail, i drew a few different versions of it to make sure it was definitely what i wanted, and after a few changes, its perfect, so i stopped messing with it.

but theres nothing wrong with you, dont say that <3

Mermaid Saphira
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
^ ThanQ, you really made me smile. I apperciate your help and I will try and take your advice <3

Lyna
08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
haha i'm the same way. i take things too far. unfortunately i'm always tempted to do the same with tattoos and i have to know when i'm about to hit that point and stop two stages sooner and walk away for a while. let them heal...or let a top lay. wear it a few times and then decide if i'm still wanting more on it or not. :)

Mermaid Celissa
08-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm like that with my drawings. I try to perfect an itty bitty piece or add a detail, and it screws up. I end up getting frustrated, trashing it, and restarting. Can't help it.

Azurin Luna
08-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I can be that way too. With my second tail I just placed everything in paper on my base tail and then looked at it. Walked away and two days later looked at it again, and the parts I still liked I kept. In between I was doing some small trial and error stuff so that in my mind I was still working on my tail without ruining the real tail.

Ashe
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you Saphira! I do these things all the time and yes, it does tend to be a bit frustrating from time to time, but I take those mistakes and turn them into lessons that I use for reference. I know exactly how you feel because I (almost) just ruined my newest neoprene tail by smattering shiny glue all over wet paint! But then, I stepped back and saw the good. The glue made very pretty swirly designs with the paint and now the tail is not only protected from paint chipping, but it is also more beautiful and shiner than ever! I never say that there is something wrong with someone. I say that they have special qualities because in the long run, something good will always come out of the bad, whether you realize it or not. :)

Patches
09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Everytime I do something, and I make it perfect, I always end up ruining it by adding something (and it not looking right) or whatever else to make it a horrible ugly mess. I feel there is something wrong with me, I can not keep myself from doing this and to this day I am still doing it. I don't know what I should do about this, I just wish I could stop :( It upsets me up 2 the point that I will fight myself for doing it and cry. why can't I just leave things alone?!

Now that ^^^^^ right there, is the story of the life of an artist.

Lyna
09-05-2012, 04:58 PM
agreed.

Ophelia
09-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I do this with absolutely EVERYTHING arts and crafts related, but I also end up doing similar things to other aspects of my life which is when it becomes a problem. I can't leave well enough alone!