PDA

View Full Version : Gruezi von Zurich (Hello from Zurich)

roamingmer
08-21-2012, 05:05 AM
Well my username may give the hint that Im a bit of a creative roaming spirit, with fingers in many different pies (studios). I have a fairly scientific background (Medical Physicist, working in Rehabilitation Technology), but have a strong creative side which includes photography, writing, and product design. I have always hoped that Mermaids truly exist but over time have come to realise that it is also about living a different way of life. I have been told I have a gift for intuition, so perhaps I sense this easily in other people.

Although I own a monofin; I have not swam anywhere near enough with it (let alone a tail) but im naturally comfortable under water. Just why do we have to breath? A broken nose as a child meant that water easily goes down my throat, so acrobatics was never a strong point. Now at 37 im re-teaching myself to overcome these issues. And be free under the waves. Hence joining here, and looking for more opportunities to re-learn the correct movements (we were born with them; we just forgot).

What else - im also a Body Pump and Body Attack instructor, although im reduced to particpant status as I work too many long hours. Fitting in time for cycling (to / from work) and running also limits playtime in the local outdoor pool (summer months only) and finding alternative time is pretty hard. Hence pod based motivation is welcome. However how many are active in the Zurich region? Being a native English speaker has its limitations in a foreign country. I will probably be mostly reading, but occasionally leave comments if threads are related to movement and exercises, and perhaps diet.

Azurin Luna
08-21-2012, 06:52 AM
Hiyo and welcome! :D

I'm a little further away, I live in the Netherlands. We were discussing a mermeetup somewhere in Europe for European mers, think it got a little stranded though.

ShyMer
08-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome to Mernetwork!

Looks like you have plenty of interesting things to share. I look forward to seeing you around the forum:)

Toxotes
08-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Hello roamingstudio,

welcome to the forum.
I am about 200 km north of you,

Greetings from southern Germany,
Toxotes

Mermaid Lorelei
08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the community. :>
-Lorelei