PDA

View Full Version : What type of Mermaid are you?

Aniganatis
08-01-2011, 12:09 AM
As you all know.. wait... scratch that. There are many different types of mermaids. Sirens ( Who was given their names falsely ), Healers, priestess, guides, etc.. Which type of merfolk are you? I'm a Princess guardian of the armies, meaning I'm not those regular mers or sirens or whatever. I carry a weapon and is like the military commander. I guard, protect, heal and can act as a priestess when I feel nice but still have a royal title. All my personal tails and clothes go for that theme. Which one are you??

Guardian examples:

P.S If you have no idea of which one you are, or your mertheme I know a few that could help.

Warrior
Adventurer
Treasure hunter
Siren (Good or bad)
Human watcher
Animal tamer
Healer
Royalty
Rouge
Joyish normal mer ( Have fun, play games, etc... like the cartoons really )
And.. much more but I forget.

Princess Kae-Leah
08-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm a happy, cheerful, peace-loving, super-girlie, princess mer. I am friends with every creature in the ocean, even sharks, and my hobbies are singing, collecting pearls, picking sea-flowers, dancing with handsome mermen, and helping to rule my peaceful, harmonious kingdom, where of course everyone is vegan, even though I'm not veggie in RL.

Aniganatis
08-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Sounds fun and carefree.

mermaid hannah
08-01-2011, 01:13 AM
i am a fun, out going, awesome sence of humor, fit, playfull, mysterious, friendly, smart, trouble making mermaid. im also friends with everyone and never stop smiling. :)

New York Mermaid
08-01-2011, 02:56 AM
As Lanai-

I'm a princess, Once betrothed to a prince, but the day before the wedding I snuck out and left to make a new life for myself . I'm an adventurous, and wise mermaid, who swims along with whales and dolphins that I've befriended. I am a guardian of Cetaceans. I love to interact and watch human kids as they play on the shore. And though I'm set in my ways and can be stubborn at times, I'm always friendly and looking to have fun. Occasionally you may see me swimming around with Great White Sharks, because there's nothing like alittle danger to keep me on my fins.

jukumerboii
08-01-2011, 03:42 AM
i guess im of the human watcher,,i like helping others anyway i can. i'm also carefree and love enjoying days where i can be lazy and watch the waves roll back and fourth on the beaches. swimming with dolphins and collecting shells are some of my fav past times. im also the artsy kind, i love drawing on rocks and my room walls lol.

Aniganatis
08-01-2011, 09:09 AM
@hannah = Sounds very much fun lol. @Lanai = I love the story. You seem to have everything outlined and perfect. I like that. @ Jukumerboii = Human watcher, interesting. Love it.

MermaidCalliope
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I am a healer/warrior. In my "human life" (aka, in real life) I am certified in complementary healing modalities, so it kind of bleeds over to my mermaid self. Weapon of choice is a modified whaling harpoon... irony, anyone?

yemaya
08-01-2011, 09:34 PM
a charmer of men and a protector of the meek ;D

mikamer
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
the scary kind

MermaidSaku
08-02-2011, 03:01 AM
I am a clairvoyant, willful, protective ,and rebellious mermaid from the deep oasis. I am content with all of the sea and within balance of all above it. I am protective of all friends whether they be human or mer. I have a very deep wisdom to share for all of those who care to listen. I carry a staff at times but, other times i carry only my will. My tails often change color and look different in altered light or, angles. I can use my voice to sing or speak into ones mind, heart. and/or soul. I'm not a mermaid that will take anything sitting in a clam shell and if need be i will fight. Humans do not fascinate me much, because i was raised as one. I have the ability to control when my transformations take place. Which for me, and many of my ancestor mermaids , takes months or even a year to be able to control. My family back ground has only one mermaid who's name was Neptunus.This gene some how skipped many generations of my human family; only to land on me.Giving me the gift of amazing powers and a beautiful tail which turns white in my highest mermaid form. "Cronus" is the name given to me by that same mermaid ancestor who foresaw my arrival. I am known as "Mermaid Saku" because "Saku" is the name my many human friends gave me.

Mermaid Jewel
08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm happy and carefree but I can be dangerous (and witty). If it's appropriate/neccessary, my weapon of choice would be a bow and arrows (if those work underwater...) or a sword. I'm also a healer, I try to help all the creatures I can. I still enjoy diving for seashells, singing, and just swimming around. I'm a princess but one of the younger ones, so I wasn't held in much regard. I ran off to pursue my own journey but I still see my family from time to time :)

New York Mermaid
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
wow its good to know there are alot of background to mermaids and mermen :)

Mermaid Luna
08-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Oh gosh...This is harder to categorize than I thought. I suppose I'm an Adventurer/Human watcher/Healer/Joyish normal mermaid. :cool: I aim to mermaid in places all over the state, country, and world if I can swing it, I perform for and interact with humans, I hope that maybe I can heal peoples' inner child and help bring some happiness to them, and I'm all-around a pretty happy gal when I have my tail. ^_^

jukumerboii
08-03-2011, 04:16 AM
@MermaidSaku,,WOW, that was amazing,,i could totally see ur story as a book/movie!!

MermaidSaku
08-03-2011, 04:39 AM
i am planning on making a youtube series when get my tail. xD

Aniganatis
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Love all of them and interesting Saku, my father's name was Cronus butttt that's another story :lol: Glad to see some other guardians and healers as well as warriors. Lots of king mermaids cept for one. Great, we must have some dark ones. >:}

Aniganatis
08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I am a healer/warrior. In my "human life" (aka, in real life) I am certified in complementary healing modalities, so it kind of bleeds over to my mermaid self. Weapon of choice is a modified whaling harpoon... irony, anyone?

Cool. My grandmother is teaching me herbology and healing techniques.

jukumerboii
08-04-2011, 03:38 AM
this is all is just amazing to me. and now that i think about it,,i guess im going to be turned into a warrior merman,,IM JOINING THE NAVY:cool:,,me and my 2best friends are going to the recruiters today. i have to say im very excited about it. ive been thinking on and off about this for a while now,,and im finally ready to dive in. at least now ill have the money to save up and FINALLY get my dream tail,,,but the only question is,,,from whom?:confused:?!! lol

Aniganatis
08-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't even know where to get one. I always wanted a mertailor one but the reviews were a turn off. And sweet. I'm thinking of doing the navy too.

merboy78xy
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I am still discovering who I am, and am new to a lot of this side of me... but looking at my life I would say the things that stand out areas follows:
I'm pure joy and laughter. I'm very silly and goofy. Always smiling and believe in seeing the beauty and happiness around me. Don't like to waste my energies on the negative things we sometimes need to deal with.
I am a witch, so in this case, perhaps seawitch. I have had much success with my studies and practice, but I try to steer clear of abusing power or negative magik. I DO though believe in a balance of light and dark. There would not be one without the other, they are both important.
I am a healer, I have always had energies in my hands that help me fix the broken and heal. I do massage work and study reiki and chakral energies.
I am an animal trainer. I have always had an amazing rapport with animals, and they have found their way to me. I have intense studies in zoology and have worked in marine biology (with manatees and sea turtles) as well as ornithology. I try to preserve the life of even the insects that make their (unwanted) way into my home, and I try to respect everything's right to live. But I try to keep them from invading my personal territory ;)
Finally I am an intensely sexual being... so perhaps the Siren is in me as well. Not for bad nor good... but just to be. I believe in the ability to love many in many ways, and the freedom of the heart and soul to make choices that are right for us. I radiate sexuality and mischief. I can be somewhat impish and revel in the energies of the satyr. Dionysus, Baccus and Pan... I call those of like mind to me, and I enjoy being a loving and sexual creature. I feel it is a great gift from the higher power.
So... that makes me a very upbeat healing, animal training, Witch-Siren. hehehehe.
Who knew?

Mermaid Hamant
08-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Im adventurer mermaid. I would love to drift along wherever the waves take me to distant islands such as fiji and the galapagos. I would also love to meet all the different people in places like Japan and Germany. I would make friends wherever I went! ^^

MermaidAiera
08-08-2011, 12:22 PM
I would be a joyful siren! I am a really happy person who loves to sing, but I also have my dark side >:)

"I am a siren, and for my adoration of mankind, have been caught in fishing nets one time too many. And in those fishing nets I have learned too many unfavorable things about human intentions and the lack of trust and goodwill; I'm not going to allow myself to be caught, anymore. Sirens do well at singing the sirens' song and dragging vile people to their deaths, and for good reason!"
— C. JoyBell C.

L (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4114218.C_JoyBell_C_)ove this, I got it from the quotes section under 'everything else' :D

MermaidMeiko
08-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I am just a joyful mermaid, cos.... Well, I'm 14, so I don't think there's not much I can do with my mermaid identity yet.... How sad XD Either that, or I don't have a very good imagination at the moment ^_^;;;

Mia
08-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Adventurer/treasure hunter with a sheltered upbringing. My desire to see the world and be free is hampered every few months by a visit from my mother, who by now I am certain is either psychic or spying on me because she always comes in when I'm taking some time off, and almost always has the intent of educating me. My cheerful disregard for my own safety generally ensures that any companions that I do get are every bit as crazy as I often seem to be.

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Probably some kind of nurturing mermaid who likes caring for her fellow mers and any human children who come near. Maybe a mermaid school teacher? (Get it? School?) Anyway, a mermaid who's a friend to other mermaids and, while I wouldn't be the best fighter or the bravest adventurer, you could count on me to spread the love around to other mers.

Psychic Tideborn
08-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I am still discovering who I am, and am new to a lot of this side of me... but looking at my life I would say the things that stand out areas follows:
I'm pure joy and laughter. I'm very silly and goofy. Always smiling and believe in seeing the beauty and happiness around me. Don't like to waste my energies on the negative things we sometimes need to deal with.
I am a witch, so in this case, perhaps seawitch. I have had much success with my studies and practice, but I try to steer clear of abusing power or negative magik. I DO though believe in a balance of light and dark. There would not be one without the other, they are both important.
I am a healer, I have always had energies in my hands that help me fix the broken and heal. I do massage work and study reiki and chakral energies.
I am an animal trainer. I have always had an amazing rapport with animals, and they have found their way to me. I have intense studies in zoology and have worked in marine biology (with manatees and sea turtles) as well as ornithology. I try to preserve the life of even the insects that make their (unwanted) way into my home, and I try to respect everything's right to live. But I try to keep them from invading my personal territory ;)
Finally I am an intensely sexual being... so perhaps the Siren is in me as well. Not for bad nor good... but just to be. I believe in the ability to love many in many ways, and the freedom of the heart and soul to make choices that are right for us. I radiate sexuality and mischief. I can be somewhat impish and revel in the energies of the satyr. Dionysus, Baccus and Pan... I call those of like mind to me, and I enjoy being a loving and sexual creature. I feel it is a great gift from the higher power.
So... that makes me a very upbeat healing, animal training, Witch-Siren. hehehehe.
Who knew?

OMG! You sound a lot like me!! We were like separated at birth! Maybe there's a reason why we are on opposite sides of the country from eachother! We'd take over the world if we got together! I'm totally claiming you as my soul mate! lol j/k

Prince Calypso
08-10-2011, 05:28 PM
i consider myself a Royal/Siren
Im a bit of a spoiled brat and get pissy when thing don't go my way. i expect only the finer things in life but would prefer that they be given to me rather then work for them
then im alos a bit of a flirt and a heart breaker. i'm know for dragging boys to the depths of their desires and then just letting them drown lol:lol:

Prince Calypso
08-10-2011, 05:32 PM
735 me chibi style

HBMermaid_Angela
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
A Siren. My husband says I put him under a spell when he first laid eyes on me. Sadly, i get so disgusted with human kind that leave all their trash on the beach (I live a block in from the ocean in real life) that I seriously do feel like I could drown them...and not feel guilty about it. I also try to protect ocean/water life and have no mercy for those that don't show compassion towards mother nature

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm a shapeshifter. Sometimes I seem like the classic image of a merman, sometimes I'm alluring and seductive, sometimes I'm stormy and wrathful, sometimes I pass for human, sometimes for some other animal or mythical creature... I flow between forms like water changes states. I'm not truly sure what I am sometimes... but life is more exciting that way.

-Annwyn-
12-06-2011, 05:58 AM
I wasn't always a mermaid. My story goes that when I was human, my lover and I were talking a moonlit stroll along the beach. I had no clue that he had given his heart to another and planned on meeting my end. He led me into the blackened water,smiling, pretending to play. When I had gone in far enough he pushed me under the water, far too strong for me to fight against as he held my struggling frame under while I thrashed, desperate for air. I thought I was dead. But just as I blacked out I felt all pressure leave me. The next thing I knew I woke up on the shore, coughing up sandy seawater. I hazily looked around around, and saw Aradia over me, with a plank held high in her hands, ready to kill me as if I had surprised her (Kill it! Kill it! style). "No!" came a soft, determined voice from behind her. Volitania was watching everything from a few feet behind Aradia. Volitania looked back at my surprised expression before looking back to Aradia, then dived back into the sea.

Aradia hissed in frustration, and grabbed my foot, dragging me back into the sea so fast it was unimaginable. But this time I discovered I could survive underwater. How curious.

I spent some time, possibly a few days, with Volitania and Aradia before returning back to my homeland. Everyone thought I and my lover had died, for he had gone missing. I mentioned nothing about the previous nights, for fear the town would think me a madwoman. But on the third night on land, I drew myself a bath, and to my astonishment, my legs transformed into a mertail. I had become a mermaid.

The town suspects that my lover and I were both victims of drowning, but that I had survived. I suspect that Aradia killed him after seeing him attack me. But I am uncertain, Aradia hasn't said anything on the matter.

My lovers' mistress discovered I had survived, and now she is trying to plan my demise. I recently discovered I was a treasure hunter, able to locate any treasure cave nearby. My knowledge has become a rumour, which has caught the attention of some local pirates with less than admirable intentions.

What will happen? Stay tuned!

Azurin Luna
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm more of the sneaky type. I like to sneak up on people and startle them, I also like to prank around. But I can be serious too and then I practice drawing and writing. As for a militairy type, I would be a scout, getting what I need and get out unnoticed

Mermaid Saphira
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Aela- Your story is so well structured! You need to get someone to create a novel about your mermaid story! Wonderful job :D