PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor order extremely overdue - advice?

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi,

I joined MerNetwork last year, shortly after placing an order with Mertailor for a latex tail. The reason why I haven't really participated in the community or said much since then is that, 11 months later, i'm still waiting for my order.

I ordered my tail in September 2011, paying for the tail itself plus shipping upfront. Production time was estimated at 5-10 weeks.

I first contacted Eric to follow up on my order just before Christmas. He explained that his supply of mono-fins had run out and that more were on back-order. As a result, he said that it could be another 5-10 weeks before the tail could be completed, saying it would likely be a further 3 weeks on top of that due to other material shortages.

I followed up again in February. His response this time was that he had been through a series of family emergencies during the new year period and that my tail was due to be shipped out by the end of that week.

After hearing nothing for over a month, I sent another e-mail to update my delivery address, as I had moved house. He replied saying that it was "almost ready to be shipped" (meaning that his earlier promise to ship the tail had been false).

The next time I followed up on my order was in May; I was polite and assertive, and Eric's reply was that he was sorry that it had taken so long, and that he was "looking into the matter"; he finished by saying he would respond to me later that same day.

I received no communication for a whole month, so in June I reiterated the situation to him, continuing to remain calm, composed and polite. He apologised for not getting back to me, stated that the tail was now complete and that he did not know what took so long. He asked me to confirm my delivery address, which I did within 12 hours of his message.

It is now August, and I have not received any further communication from him (aside from an out-of-office reply in July). I have been sending e-mails once a week since that point in time and none of them have been answered. Today, I sent a message which, although still polite, did not mask my disappointment in both him and the way he has dealt with the matter:

Hi Eric,

I have been trying to contact you for the last 6 weeks about my order, and have still not received a reply. Frankly, I find this lack of communication extremely unprofessional.

I placed my order 11 months ago and still have not received it, making it 8 months overdue. This delay is unacceptable. You have had my money (nearly $1000) for almost an entire year and I have not received anything in exchange.

Please, at least provide me with an acknowledgement of these facts. If my tail is ready to ship, please do so to the address nominated in my previous e-mail (see below). I think that the length of time I have had to wait grants me some priority over any other business you are currently conducting. If my tail is not ready to ship, please tell me why not. If you have not started work on my tail, the only reasonable thing to do would be to refund my money.

Again, please respond to my enquiry as soon as possible.

I am currently awaiting a response.

I am posting this here because I don't know how to proceed if he doesn't reply to me. Being located in Australia, I have no real avenues to pursue the matter; neither in terms of consumer protection or legal pathways (which I am loathed to pursue in the first place). I don't think my position is unreasonable. What should I do?

Sephina
08-23-2012, 08:47 AM
It isn't unusual to wait a long time to get a tail from the mertailor, but this is ridiculous, even for him. Likely what will happen in the email is one of two things, he's going to say that he is shipping it soon, or promise you something nicer in an attempt to stop you from pestering him, and giving him more time, at least in my experience that is what would happen. If it isn't here in another month at the MOST I would probably take steps to get in contact with a lawyer, maybe report him to the BBB? I know when I was having problems with the fit/paint on my tail he promised me every other week that it would be shipped, then offered me a free better tail, and an addition to correct most of the problems on my other tail. After nearly 5 months waiting for that I wound up having to go to my boyfriends father (who is a lawyer) to get any response from him, and it was just a refund.

Definitely don't back down on this, he is HUGELY behind on your order and since yours was ordered around the same time as mine, with his finis shortage, and family issues you should have gotten it back in February like I did. However I've heard that he is using swim fins instead of monofins in his latest tails (once again due to the shortage) so hopefully you get a tail with an actual monofin in it.

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 09:00 AM
It's reassuring to hear (both from your response and from other threads in this forum) that at least i'm not the only one who's had a less-than-ideal experience with Mertailor.

I definitely won't compromise on my position if i'm offered anything other than an immediate solution (be that shipment of a finished tail or a refund) - this experience has been unpleasant enough and I certainly don't wish to drag it out any further.

I won't back down, but in my own mind, I feel that the chances of me getting either of the two outcomes within any reasonable timeframe are pretty slim. While I won't stop pressing him about my order, I may mentally write off the expense and find someone else to make me a tail.

happyguava
08-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Sahyris, I'm so sorry to hear that. How absolutely ridiculous. He seems to be getting worse and worse... It makes me so angry that he thinks he can get away with treating people this way. I just can't believe what he gets away with... Making bad products, not communicating with people, delays and mega-delays with delivery. And yet he still has adoring fans who swear by him, at least online. It's just not fair and I wish more people knew what goes on. I'm really sorry you've had such a crappy time :(

I have heard that if he's not replying to emails, posting a grumpyish message on his facebook page can sometimes make him delete it and respond via email. I can't believe it even has to come to that. Disgraceful.

Samantha Siren
08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Sahris, get a refund and get a tail from Stevi at Fish Butts! They are so much better, cheaper and you can design them however you like. She also doesn't take 11 months to finish an order! I'm in england and i got mine in about 2!

SilverSiren
08-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I agree with Sephina. I DON'T have a Mertailor tail, nor will I EVER have one due to things like this. The guy is terrible to people and unfortunately, for all that money you spent, the tail wont fit you, it will continue to stretch out, and it will balloon up in the fluke area (my opinion according to all the reviews that say the same thing). Report him to the BBB and get your money back. For that much money, you could save just a bit more, and get a Raven tail! Silicon, nice, and she wont ignore you and keeps to what she says. Get you money back honey, in the end, you'll be glad you did.

Sorry if I sound a bit angry, I just HATE (yes, a strong word, I don't use it unless I mean it!) people who take advantage of others like this! I have been on this forum for less than a month and have hear ONE good review so far of Mertailor, and it was for a silicon tail. Seems to me that the guy only cares if your spending a TON of money, otherwise, your just a nobody who can be left to the side and gotten to when he feels like it. Terrible business, terrible attitude,and just plain MEAN! If I had a chance to see him in person, I would certainly give him a piece of my mind for thinking he can treat people like that. I'm starting up my own business soon, selling fantasy costumes, items, and yes, tails, and he is my example of what to NEVER be like. I will dedicate myself to my customers!

Ok, sorry, rant over. Sorry, just a very passionate person and I get carried away when something rubs my scales the wrong way and that takes quite a lot. Sorry.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 09:15 AM
post it on his fb multiple times so people can see. That should get him moving.

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 09:20 AM
I have heard that if he's not replying to emails, posting a grumpyish message on his facebook page can sometimes make him delete it and respond via email. I can't believe it even has to come to that. Disgraceful.

Unfortunately i'm not on Facebook... but believe me, i've been considering making an account to voice my grievances. I also considered recording a short piece on my ordering experience and posting it as a video reply on his YouTube channel. People tend to take notice when you do something to hurt their brand image.

But, does it deserve going to the effort of doing that? I would be a whole lot happier if I could just put this behind me and take my business elsewhere.

To everyone who has replied so far, I appreciate the kind words and advice.

SilverSiren
08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
The guy doesn't deserve to have your patronage, that's for sure. Get your money back! The latex tails he makes are not worth it. I feel a mild heartache for you because I'm certain we'll hear back from you if you do get the tail at some point and tell us how terrible it is (I know the heartache of a dream dashed as I'm sure everyone does so I am empathizing here)... $1000 gone forever for something nonfunctional as anything to ever swim in. Unless you were planning to use it for dry purpose only?

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
... $1000 gone forever for something nonfunctional as anything to ever swim in. Unless you were planning to use it for dry purpose only?

I'm definitely after a tail for swimming; I live within a 30-minute boat ride of a coral reef, and i'm just itching to get out there and explore it as a merman. I ordered the tail from Mertailor with the intention of using it last Summer; if I don't do something soon, i'll miss out on having one this coming Summer (Southern Hemisphere).

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
An update:

My apologies as I have not gotten the messages. They might have ended up in my spam folder, which I do not check often.

Here is the problem that I have found this morning. The tail is in fact complete and I found it in a box, in the corner of my studio. I am not sure why it was there, however, I am taking it to the shipping port, right now.

I sincerely apologize.

Should I believe this, though? In light of previous messages...

SilverSiren
08-23-2012, 09:59 AM
It wont be swimable from what I understand about all the reviews of the latex tails. It may not fit in the first place, as in not the measurements you gave him, he uses neoprin (not neoprene) so it will continue to stretch, the fluke will balloon up and according to one other review, may have a needle embedded in it. At this point you may be getting swim fins in it instead of the advertised monofin too. I don't mean to freak you out but this is what people have said over and over again, I have not read ONE good review of his latex tails. My intention is only to inform you so you can make a better decision as to how you want to take action. Just be VERY firm but cautious on how you go with it. If you do decide to do a vid on youtube, turn off comments and make sure you use the feature that doesn't allow embedding or anything of the sort, he doesn't like to be called out and may attack you personally for it. He's not a nice guy... to say the least.

Lyna
08-23-2012, 11:11 AM
ouch. that's even longer than i waited. i bought a tail in march, and recieved in in july. some pages on his web site say 5-10 weeks, some say 6-12 and some say 10-12. regardles,, it's been way past any of those.
i'm sorry to disapoint you, but even after you get it, it's really only useful to lay on your bedroom floor so you can point at it and be able to say "yea, i own one."

happyguava
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
An update:

Should I believe this, though? In light of previous messages...

Did you just receive this tonight? I reckon he's reading the boards.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
hes always reading the boards, if you have something you dont want him to see you need to make it as an attachment. then only members can see

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Did you just receive this tonight? I reckon he's reading the boards.

I can't draw any meaningful correlation between the two, because I sent the e-mail on the same day that I made the post on here. If it takes a public name-and-shame to elicit a response from someone, that's a very poor reflection on them.

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
screenshot the emails. just in case.
i cant believe youve had to wait so long. that really angers me. you might as well buy a silicone tail from merbellas/raven. youd spend about as much for something of better quality.

Ayla of Duluth
08-23-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree with everyone. Get a refund, the tail he gives you (if he does) will be useless. The best tail you can get for $1,000 is a tail from Mermaid Raven of Merbellas.

Lyna
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
with how long you've been waiting...you can absolutely threaten a law suit and demand a refund. file a complaint with the BBB. then you can get 2 from fishbutts for the same cost you spent on his one. or chip in another few hundred and get a silicone tail from jesse or raven. you're much better off in the end anyways, because at least from any of those 3 you'll get it fast, it'll fit, and you'll be able to swim it into the ground over the next few years.

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 02:13 PM
See this really makes me sit down as a mermaid in training. Where I should get my first tail from~ especially when saving up for the professional. I cannot understand how Mertailor "eric" really can be so famous when he can't be up right with his orders. I have heard more then several complaints about it. It just kinda blows my mind~ to upfront take someone's money and then still not at least try to respond back to all his emails. To me it seems he only makes tails for people he favors first. Anyone else he just kinda puts on the back burner. I can't say I really know it all only being in to mermaid-ing for 2 months now. But~ I seen that Mr Eric "mertailor" Isn't so business orientated and that's really a shame. That he gets so much credit for what he does.

Blondie
08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree with reporting him to the BBB. That's beyond unprofessional. I think it's boarder line criminal.

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 03:06 PM
so, guys, i was on facebook earlier, and saw this.

i dont know if it has anything to do with this thread or any others on mernetwork, but it took me by surprise. i just thought id leave this here. i might be connecting things wrong, completely misunderstanding it, but if not... then there are serious issues.

SilverSiren
08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
The guy is just a jerk. Whether that FB post has anything to do with this or something else, the dude is crazy, unprofessional, cruel, thoughtless and just plain outright RUDE! He's going to learn the VERY hard way someday that he can't be like that. Karma is a just lady, whether you believe in Karma or not, you always get what you give out eventually, history and personal experience of everyone has proven this time and time again.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 05:12 PM
you said it silversiren. The guy gets away with so much it makes my skin crawl. but I've learned not to obsess.. because KARMA always finds its way

The only reason he gets away with so much is people are too afraid to post their true experiences. I have SO MANY PEOPLE contact me asking for help because he screwed them over and they are AFRAID to post in public. Well, nothing will ever get done or happen until people start sharing their stories.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 05:13 PM
and if he's seen this thread, then yeah, expect to get a crappy tail probably made for someone else, or made in a rush and not cured. I'd get a lawyer and just get a refund.

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 06:09 PM
He has his favoritism ~ because he clearly thinks he is the "best". In the mermaid community when actually not the case~ Mermaid Raven's quality in my opinion Is "way" better and ontop of that she is business orientated. I really don't understand people when they get a little fame~ it goes to there head.

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
and if he's seen this thread, then yeah, expect to get a crappy tail probably made for someone else, or made in a rush and not cured. I'd get a lawyer and just get a refund.

raina I swear your such a hero in my eyes *^*

Mermaid Lei Loni
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Yikes! It shocks me that he's so unprofessional on his Facebook page. I work in marketing, and he is digging a DEEP hole. You talk karma, I can almost guarantee from a marketing perspective he's going to drive himself into the ground. You get enough bad press, no one will want to work with you. In my opinion, he's very immature. I almost ordered a tail from him, I'm so glad I waited. I can't imagine spending so much money on something that is such poor quality, and working with someone with no customer service skills. I'm glad people are posting negative reviews about him, mers need to know not to order from him!

Winged Mermaid
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
I usually try and stay out of this, but I'm with the other posters. I'd demand a refund and take your business elsewhere. 11 months is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and HE should be the one to offer a the option of a refund for messing that up so badly. Any good business I've run into that made a mistake like that - even far less than that- has offered a refund before I've even asked. Report him to the BBB.

inactive account
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Im sorry, but I really find it hard to believe that the mertailor was keeping your tail in the corner of your studio for 11 months. Out of all the excuses in the world you can use that has to be a new one. I totally agree Maleficia Jin (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?1243-Maleficia-Jin), Eric thinks hes the top in the Mer-Community, but in my opinion and maybe in many others its Raven. I admire how Raven seems so modest and does not post statuses every 2 hours on facebook chatting ball-shark like 'I consider myself someone who works in the world of Special Fx and can create some pretty amazing things.' I think the worst thing you can do when being a tail maker is act like the sun shines out of your a**, but then again what do I know?, I have never met Eric and do not know him personally, so what does this 'topic' say about him.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
eric uses his mer-facebook like his personal one, he has no life besides his mermaid one :p not enough friends, needs the support of fans to fill the void.

inactive account
08-23-2012, 07:49 PM
That is sad :(

AniaR
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
sorry to the OP that this trickled into mertailor venting, but obviously a lot of people feel the need to blow off steam :P

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 07:56 PM
eric uses his mer-facebook like his personal one, he has no life besides his mermaid one :p not enough friends, needs the support of fans to fill the void.

Well That is pretty clear how he posts like every 10-15 mins.
But this is my question~ If you are a big tail maker like that why take so many orders if you can't handle them.
Or even get them Out Or try to communicate you are busy~

I mean in making a bussiness like this "communication is pretty key".
Or you will have something like this happen.
So how many people have had try to get there money back because he doesn't try to get back to you or makes you wait this long.

This makes the near future customers dis-satisfied with the reviews and there won't be many people trying to buy the product.

leeloo
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Ugh, I ordered a Mertailor tail and seriously despise this man. I still like my tail, but I don't love it. It is painted two different colors, didn't fit me so I had to have it altered, and the paint is rubbing off, especially the heels. But what irks me the most is his attitude. He is so unprofessional and rude I cannot believe it. My order was also late, took 15 weeks. I think the only reason I got it when I did is because I finally submitted a BBB complaint. I agree with the others, try for a refund so you can buy a tail from someone else. I love Raven's tails and really want to buy one, I am thinking about buying one of her new $1000 tails at some point. It also amazes me how Eric claims he is so busy yet spends so much time on Facebook and stalking these forums. Really, spend your time doing your work, and stop being so greedy and hire a freaking assistant already. Put a hold on new orders and don't take any more until you are caught up. It seriously annoys me to read all his fans on Facebook stroking his ego when most of them have likely never even ordered a tail from him. Oh, and did anyone see his latest Facebook post? I think he just insulted himself, lmao.

Is it just me or did he just admit there are other tail makers that use the same materials as him but sell them for cheaper (as in more reasonable, less greedy, etc)? I don't see what his selling point is if he is offering a product made from the same materials that costs more than the competition. Pretty sure that is generally bad for business, especially when you combine that with piss poor customer service and shoddy workmanship.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 08:04 PM
hahaha lol. he uses ALEX PLUS. It should not cost so much! gimme a break already.

AniaR
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM

wonder how long it takes before this is deleted?

Samantha Siren
08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Looks like our pal Eric is attacking another tail maker now! Anyone seen his latest facebook status?

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
i tried to post that, but im on my ipod and cant figure it out.
i saw that and the first thing i thought of was fish butts. that really ticked me off. and everyone is like "omg they probably suck, blah blah".
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE JUST HORRIBLE.

Samantha Siren
08-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't know Raina but someone needed to tell him so i thought i would!

leeloo
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you Samantha, it needed to be said!

AniaR
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
lol he's totally reading the forum HEY ERIC HOW ARE YA... we arent idiots, we know it's not real silicone, you just replaced your alex plus with silicone caulk :p

leeloo
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Haha, yea he is definitely reading the forum and I think its getting to him. He even posted a review. Hey Eric, how about you post all the reviews of you, not just the handful of good ones? I'm sure the ratio of good reviews to negative reviews would not be in his favor. And also Eric stop stalking these forums and posting on Facebook and get back to work! People are waiting way too long for their tails and deserve better service!

Merman Dan
08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
wonder how long it takes before this is deleted?

Depends on whether or not these come into play ;)

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards/cardscans/fishballs.jpg

Samantha Siren
08-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I mean I'm not dissing Eric's silicone tails at all i think they are awesome, but sheesh he needs to understand that his latex/silicone tails are expensive too and he needs to take more care and time over them. People had put their hard earned money and trust in him and it's unfair that just because they are not paying him thousands of dollars that they should be neglected!

AniaR
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
eric.. get back to work...? he's too busy schemeing how to take us all down! lol I mean, dont forget, you're all my lackies who hate him simply because I have issues with him, no one things on their own! and Samantha, you better correct yourself, he doesnt use alex plus anymore he uses silicone cualking :p

Sahyris
08-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I see that this thread has had a lot of activity overnight o.o I appreciate everyone's frankness.

To the issue of taking legal action; as I stated earlier, I am in Australia and therefore there are no legal avenues I can go down. If someone you do business with in another country steals your money, there's not much you can do - unless you're a multi-national company or are willing to spend a lot of money on legal services. The US-Australia free trade agreement has some protections for international business transactions, but nothing that the average person can easily access. I should know; I work in the legal profession.

In any event, Eric has now sent me a tracking number and, although he addressed it incorrectly (to my previous address before I moved in March - which he quickly offered to correct), the shipment checks out. Therefore, he seems to have been telling the truth about my tail being ready. He's also used an express courier service which estimates delivery early next week.

For those who encouraged me to seek a refund, I would rather get the quickest outcome than an ideal one - and currently, it would seem that delivery is the quickest outcome. If there turns out to be anything wrong with the tail, I will not have sacrificed anything by waiting a couple of extra days; with the original transaction concluded, I could confidently look at getting another tail from somebody else. (Incidentally, I appreciate the recommendations you've all given.)

So, i'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome of all this.

Princess Kae-Leah
08-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I may regret this, but I was bold and brave enough to post my two cents on this matter on my mer-page and in reply to his post on his. I told him that 1) competition is a normal, healthy part of any business and 2)not everybody, myself included can afford his tails so it's good to have cheaper alternatives.

Angel the Little Merman
08-23-2012, 11:44 PM
This is very, very amusing... Hey! If you're reading this I'm not dissing! Just reading so this time none of that "dribble" or "Puff the Magic Dragon" nonsense! But really stop trying to tarnish other people in the community it's really isn't cute, it's just downright creepy! At least be greatful that you have a "fan-base". Once again not dissing!

AniaR
08-24-2012, 12:17 AM
How I feel everytime this topic gets brought up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

leeloo
08-24-2012, 12:41 AM
LMAO! I love The Office.

Blondie
08-24-2012, 01:56 AM
How I feel everytime this topic gets brought up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Raina I want to edit your face on his XD I feel like this describes you in this situation PERFECTLY.

spottedcatfish
08-24-2012, 02:47 AM

Thats really sad!

Lyna
08-24-2012, 03:01 AM
here's what i mean...so...the tail i am wearing....is by fish butts....the tail my husband is wearing...was made by mertailor...USING THE EXACT MEASUREMENTS. in fact, i copy and pasted the ones i had send mertialor 3 months prior when i ordered from fishbutts. i wore the mertailor tail ONCE before this pic was shot. does it HONESTLY look like it was made for me? seriously.

SilverSiren
08-24-2012, 03:39 AM
I see that this thread has had a lot of activity overnight o.o I appreciate everyone's frankness.

We're so sorry we hijacked your thread, I'm sure no one really meant to do so, but the Mertailor is a sensitive subject here. He's gone too far on a lot of things and whenever its brought up it turns into this, a vent of frustration. I, as I think everyone here, have posted our frustrations and opinions in support on the issue your facing. Please, let us know how it goes for you.

AniaR
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
We're so sorry we hijacked your thread, I'm sure no one really meant to do so, but the Mertailor is a sensitive subject here. He's gone too far on a lot of things and whenever its brought up it turns into this, a vent of frustration. I, as I think everyone here, have posted our frustrations and opinions in support on the issue your facing. Please, let us know how it goes for you.

Agreed, if you need us to shut up just say so and no one will take offence :p we can also get Iona or Mal to move all the dramatic posts into the drama thread. I think we all just walk around on eggshells with him so much it's frustrating.

I'm glad you're finally getting your tail, honestly he should have done something to make up for it. I think the only reason he's finally on the ball is because you're posting here. That tends to be a pattern with him.

I see he deleted the offensive post and all the comments. (or hid it from timeline)

The thing with Eric, is he thinks we're all against him. That we are waiting and urging him to screw up, that we want to ruin him. Even I dont want that! I just want the guy to be ACCOUNTABLE and stop cheating so many people and treating people like crap. I honestly have found his behaviour and the behaviour of his current partner to be quite abusive- and when someone is being abusive you need to stand up regardless of drama. Sincerely, if the guy contacted me, genuinely wanted to see past our differences, and I saw him make a REAL effort to be better to the community... I'd be fine. The problem is- he tries to do this occasionally, half heartidly, then he starts to get paranoid, then he turns on people before they can turn on him (as I believe he sees it). I've given the guy a million chances, and in the past I have REMOVED my reviews and videos so people would judge him on the work he does NOW not the work he did then. but the problem is, he is STILL doing to people, what he did to me. I'm going to write more about this in Steph's post over here... http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?2946-WARNING!-EXPLICIT-CONTENT-Not-Meant-To-Start-Drama-Strictly-To-Inform!

Mermaid Star
08-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Demand refund and report to the BBB. If he refuses, threaten suit! It is an international affair but it is illegal and he know he will lose! You WILL get a refund. He may try to puff up and try to get you to back down, but demand the refund. He is vastly out of his own contracted time frame and will lose the battle in any court. Best of luck to you.

Mermaid Star
08-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Oops! Sorry I didnt see the end of this post before I posted. I am glad you are getting your tail finally. I hope evrything is ok with it or hopefully you can send it back and geta refund if it isn't right (P.S. My friend in Canada had an issue with her silicone tail from him. Everything was wrong with it and I mean everything! He refused to give her money back or fix her tail properly until her mother threatened him with legal action. They got their money back pretty quickly after that) I wish you the best of luck with everything and i really hope that it turns out well and you wont have to even think about legal action. Al my best to you

Sahyris
08-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Well, my tail arrived today. Despite everything that's happened, I can't fault the fact that it came via express courier. As you can see from the photo attached to this post (forgive the pudge, it's winter here), it fits and it's what I asked for. I know some people expressed concern about their tails being too large; if anything, mine's a little tight. (Probably a good thing if it's going to stretch with wear.) Also, it's built on a monofin rather than individual fins that people have been talking about. Of course, these things don't change the fact that it took a completely unreasonable amount of time to make and that, quite frankly, dealing with Mertailor was like bashing my head against a brick wall.

I always intended this to be a 'learning tail', so i'll get plenty of use out of it this summer, use it to develop my swimming technique, etc.

I don't want to let this initial bad experience ruin my introduction to the mer community. I'm giving some serious thought to ordering a silicone tail from Merbella Studios to help me put this whole experience behind me, and get something really special. Any thoughts or advice there?

I want to thank everyone for their help with this. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and participating in this community properly :)

SilverSiren
08-28-2012, 09:31 AM
You look great in your tail! I hope it swims as well as it looks. A silicon tail from Merbellas would be awesome, you get full customization with it and Raven keeps you up to date on it, along with working with you every step of the way. Don't let the Metailor bashing scare you off, its a VERY sore subject here and we meant nothing but support by it for you, we really are a passionate and caring community.

Send us some vids of you taking the new tail out for a test drive...er, swim! :D

happyguava
08-28-2012, 09:37 AM
So glad you finally got it!! It's still completely unacceptable what you had to go through, but I'm really glad it fits and is in good nick. You must be so relieved.

Also, we're totally tail twins *high fives across the country* :D

Spindrift
08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
The tail looks great! Please keep us updated on how it swims! And good luck on your quest for a Raven tail, I'm pretty interested to see what design you choose for yourself.

Merman_Shawn
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
You look GREAT! I'm so glad you finally got it, and that you shared your experience with all of us.

AniaR
08-28-2012, 12:53 PM
hubba hubba! (sorry. Had to be said. <3)

Looking great :D

Sea Pearl
08-28-2012, 01:32 PM
You're tail looks great! I'm so pleased it finally arrived and fits :)

Mermaid Star
08-28-2012, 11:05 PM
So happy for you!!!