PDA

View Full Version : How did you get into Being a Mermaid/Merman?

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
I am very curious I really want to get to know the Chesapeake Pod~ So tell me your experience?

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't have a tail yet (or rather, I do, but it was made for me when I was about 7 and barely comes up to my knees, now). However, I've always loved the water, stories of mermaids (and mermen when I could find them), and other fantasy beings. I stumbled across the mernetwork I think via malinghi's deviantart page and then via meryuku (which was already no longer regularly updating at the time) and followed the links here.

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
i saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghh7NI_cJ4), and i was shocked that someone could make their own tail. so, i looked up "swimmable mermaid tails", and found a few tailmakers. for three years, i researched tailmakers, materials, how to make tails, different peoples videos, tips and tricks on everything mer-related.
now, im about to recieve my first tail. i was told it should ship around monday :D i couldnt be more excited, and luckily, i have a boyfriend and family who support me (even if they think its a bit silly that a 19 year old wants to flop around in a mermaid tail).

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't have a tail yet (or rather, I do, but it was made for me when I was about 7 and barely comes up to my knees, now). However, I've always loved the water, stories of mermaids (and mermen when I could find them), and other fantasy beings. I stumbled across the mernetwork I think via malinghi's deviantart page and then via meryuku (which was already no longer regularly updating at the time) and followed the links here.

Thats actually really impressive that you had a tail when you 7~ which is pretty inspirational to me.
C:
I really need to check out meryuku and Malinghis~

Mermaid Maleficia
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
i saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghh7NI_cJ4), and i was shocked that someone could make their own tail. so, i looked up "swimmable mermaid tails", and found a few tailmakers. for three years, i researched tailmakers, materials, how to make tails, different peoples videos, tips and tricks on everything mer-related.
now, im about to recieve my first tail. i was told it should ship around monday :D i couldnt be more excited, and luckily, i have a boyfriend and family who support me (even if they think its a bit silly that a 19 year old wants to flop around in a mermaid tail).

Brianna It's not silly at all dear.
I think its wonderful you have a family to support you and who you want to be now these days.
I am so happy your getting your first tail.
Lucky *o *
I will ordering my first monofin from aquatails tuesday<3
You must share photos gets there.

Mermaid Annariea
08-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Brianna It's not silly at all dear.
I think its wonderful you have a family to support you and who you want to be now these days.
I am so happy your getting your first tail.
Lucky *o *
I will ordering my first monofin from aquatails tuesday<3
You must share photos gets there.

oh i dont think its silly, haha. and i love the fact that my family and friends support me. i will definitely post pictures :D
& yay :D youll be making a tail with it, i assume?

Mermaid Maleficia
08-24-2012, 01:20 PM
/^__^ I think I will Am not sure if I will yet because there so many tail makers I have options from at this moment. <3