PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Brianna's merman fashion designs

malinghi
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
This is a thread to continue discussing Mermaid Brianna's designs for merman fashion accessories, which were originally posted as part of theAugust MerNetwork Challenge: Merman Fashion Design (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?2537-AUGUST-MERNETWORK-CHALLENGE-MERMAN-FASHION-DESIGN/page5). When I made that challenge I was really hoping that we could start to come up with ideas for merman fashion accessories, and I don't want people to stop thinking about that just because the challenge is over. We can keep thinking of ideas, and I'd love to see this stuff made! Below is a copy of Mermaid Brianna's post in the original thread.

okay, guys. im gonna post my pictures. before i do though, allow me to apologize for the AWFUL image quality. i tried enhancing it on my paint.net program, but its still really hard to read everything :( i took another picture of the dagger and stuff i drew, just to show a bit more detail...
and i hope theyre not too big.

http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=5174&d=1344578470

http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=5175&d=1344578521

DETAILS, YAY.

- the chestplate sort of thing and the bracers could be either scaled, painted to look like metal, or painted to look like shark skin, which i think that merfolk would use as leather. the bracers have ties (i know its hard to see) which could be made green to look like some sort of seaweed cord. the chestplate thing would tie in the back to adjust to someones preferences and could either have decorations (like some sort of seaglass, shell(s), or starfish) or be plain. i sort of figured theyd be made out of neoprene/latex or silicone.

- the double "x" shaped belt could be made to look like shark skin. or maybe scaled. it would be something that the daggers' sheaths would attach to. i drew it with a starfish centerpiece/buckle. it could also double as a weight.

- the armband could be designed to look like scales, metal, or shark skin. or even just seaweed. i made it have the pod crest on it, little fake sea plants, and black "pearls" around the edges. but little shark teeth around the edges would be really cool too.

- hooray for tridents!

- a tattered fluke fins make the tail look slightly more battle-worn in my opinion. painted scars or scars molded into the tail would make it look more warrior-like as well.

- shark tooth and shell (preferably pointy shells) necklace, for the days you dont feel like wearing a chestplate.

- a conch shell horn. because... its cool. and what badass warrior doesnt want an awesome horn?

- the spear handle could be made to look like metal or driftwood, and the point (probably shouldn't be made of actual metal, same with the trident, thats a tad dangerous) could be made to look like a swordfish's... sword (can't think of the word) or a sawfish's toothy snout. or just like a normal spear tip. decorate it with shells and flowing seaweed, and it could look more ceremonial.

- and finally, the dagger. they can be used as weights, and the hilt can be decorated to look like either seaweed wrap or a shark skin leather wrap. i also decorated the tips of the hilts with shells or small starfish and fake sea plants. if it is removable from the sheath, then the sheath should have some sort of method of securing the dagger into it so it doesnt slip out while swimming. leather strips with snaps are simple and work. the sheath could probably look like shark skin.

Mermaid Annariea
08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
YAAAYYY IT HAS ITS OWN THREAD NOW!!!
thanks, malinghi :D

hopefully i can scan the pictures and get them up here better quality.
ALSO, if anyone has ideas, id love to sketch them up, so let me know guys!