PDA

View Full Version : Hiya!

Zephyr
08-25-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm Mermaid Zephyr, and I'm from Oregon... I've loved mermaids ever since I was a little kid (I turn 22 next week) and saw The Little Mermaid. I put my mom through a lot in my search for a real tail, and she had a brief moment of peace when I'd use a pillowcase as a tail. I don't actually own any tails at the moment, but I ordered a tail off of Mermagica (their Dragon tail in Black). Two words on Mermagica: NEVER. AGAIN. Lol. I plan to get another tail if I love swimming in my tail enough, and it's likely to be in black, but since I've always wanted a blue tail (blue is my favorite color) I'd like to own at least one blue tail.

I'm not sure what about mermaids sparked my interest, but I love them. My mom once made me a pair of mermaid earrings for my birthday, and I have a mermaid-shaped ring box. My grandma also got me a 'Little Mermaid' statue when she went to Denmark, which I had in a fish tank I owned for awhile.

So anyway...Hi! Hello! How ya doin!

Merman Dan
08-25-2012, 10:16 AM
From one who takes his name from the master of winds (and son of Poseidon) to one who takes her name from the west wind (Anemoi (http://www.theoi.com/Titan/Anemoi.html)), welcome! :)

Ashe
08-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Welcome Zephyr! I hope you find you dream tail and thanks for joining us!

Mermaid Annariea
08-25-2012, 11:18 AM
welcome! :D
also, for a tail, you could always get one thats blue AND black.

Sea Pearl
08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Welcome Mermaid Zephyr!

Mermaid Hamant
08-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forum Mermaid Zephyr! :)

AniaR
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey if you get a chance, write a review in the review section. We dont get enough reviews for some tail makers! Even though lots of people own their tails!

welcome to the community! you'll enjoy it here!

Mermaid Crystal
08-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Hey! Welcome!

Zephyr
08-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks guys for all your welcomes! :)

I never thought of a blue and black tail but there's a fabric store in the strip mall where I work so I will definitely pay them a visit!

And yes I am definitely going to leave a review on Mermagica. I already posted about them on my Tumblr. I planned a pool party for my birthday for a reason! Lol. But some good friends will be there and this will be my second pool party at that place so tail or no I am pretty stoked for it :)

Zephyr
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
welcome! :D
also, for a tail, you could always get one thats blue AND black.

OH! And not to double-post, but I just took your advice and designed a tail :) Black with blue stripes and a light-blue gauzy accent on the fluke. I can't post a picture right now since my phone is weird like that and I'm getting ready for work but when I get the chance I'll make sure to show you guys what I came up with!