PDA

View Full Version : Any pods welcoming Alaskan mermaids?

MermaidLacey
08-25-2012, 08:46 AM
I noticed that there's no Alaskan Pod! So, instead of starting my own and being all by myself, I was wondering if there were any pods welcoming Alaskan mermaids? (I know there's probably a pod that's right next to Alaska that I didn't notice because I suck at geography.) Let me know ^.^

Ayla of Duluth
08-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Northern pacific pod maybe?

NorthernPearl
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi from another Alaskan mer! :)

Koral
02-13-2013, 04:53 AM
That must be a really cold place to be a mermaid. I lived there for a few years, so I can't imagine mermaiding there.

drucilla
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Oooh cold! You have more than sharks to worry about there huh? Let's see Orca's, Polar Bears, 3 species of sharks (though not bull sharks thankfully), I'm sure there's more. I bet it's nice to nature watch there during certain times of the year.

AptaMer
02-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi MermaidLacey,

Alaska borders British Columbia and the Yukon Territory in Canada. The Union of Pods of the North covers Canada including BC (are there any mers in the Yukon?) so your closest neighbours are in there. I'm sure you would be welcome there. Geographicaly, Alaska is part of the "frozen north" so it kind of fits in, even though Alaska is part of the United States. I'm sure the Canadians would welcome you :group hug: (I would like to welcome you now, and hope you get in a good pod).

You should realize, though, if you join the Union of the Pods of the North, you'll have to put up with some very funny spelling (like "fibres in your fabric tail" and "what colour of tail do you favour" :) )

Funnily enough, I've driven down the west coast from Mount Robson all the way to Los Angeles, and what I've noticed is that the people of British Columbia in Canada actually have way more in common with people from the US Northwest, Washington and Oregon, and the northern part of California (north of Eureka/Mount Shasta) than they do with Canadians further east. Also, people from that region have far more in common with each other than they do with people in southern California too.

Maybe the Pod of the North Pacific would actually cover the Oregon/Washington/British Columbia/Alaska region better? Not trying to foment a seccession here, or anything, just an idea.

Edit: Just for reference, I found a map that covers the region

MermaidBrittany
02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh cool I love Alaska! Ever done the polar bear swim? Even if the water is cold every time I go up there we always see the most amazing wildlife :D
Hope you find the right pod, I'm sure you're welcome in each!