PDA

View Full Version : help with my mermaid name?

Mermaid Annariea
08-26-2012, 09:26 PM
okay, so i'm going to FINALLY have my first tail soon (hopefully within a week or so), because stevi said she's probably shipping it tomorrow night or tuesday.
AND THAT MEANS i should start deciding on a mermaid name. i thought i had it decided, but now im not so sure.
so i hoped that some of you lovely merfolk would be willing to help me decide on which name i should use. im also going to attempt a pronunciation guide, because some of these names are pronounced weird. most of them are elvish sounding, since i found or made them for my elven dungeons & dragons characters.
its not a very long list, but here are the names (:

- annariea (uh-NAR-ee-a) ; (means "graceful singer")

- arathyra (AAHR-a-thee-ra) ; (ara is a constellation, and the name "ara" is latin for "altar", "thyra" means "god/goddess", so maybe put together it would mean "altar of the goddess"? perhaps something with stars and goddesses? idk, it just sounds beautiful).

- alaetriea (uh-LAY-tree-a) ; (from the site i found, the combo of prefixes and suffixes ended up meaning "sea-whispering dancer" or "sea-dancer" or something of the sort).

SO GUYS, give me your choices, or give me more ideas if you have them. i like names that aren't typical-sounding, like stuff you wouldn't normally find, and especially names from different countries or fantasy-sounding names.
:3

also, mods, if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the correct one. (:

Mermaid Celissa
08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking the first one, but spelled Anaria or Annarya. ^_^

Mermaid Annariea
08-26-2012, 10:13 PM
thats the first name i ever made up, haha. i love it :3 i love all of them.
everythings spelled how id want it already, though. i like the weird spellings and all the "ae"s and stuff. haha.

Ashe
08-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I agree with Celissa, I would change the spelling to Annaria. But you should keep it the way you like ;) I do like Annariea though! It would be great for when around children because it is easier to pronounce than the others. they are all very beautiful though! And make sure to post pics of your FishButt!

Mermaid Annariea
08-26-2012, 11:57 PM
id have nicknames for those names when with children haha. annariea would just be riea, arathyra would probably be ara, and alaetriea would probably be either lae, triea, or just riea. but i think my favorites are the first two... theyre the two for me that are really hard to choose between.
i just realized that all three names start AND end with an a. thats weird.

Mermaid Harmony
08-27-2012, 01:15 AM
My fav is the last one. You will be a beautiful mermaid. I can't wait to see you in your tail! I'm currently figuring out my Mer name as well, so I understand how you feel!

Mermaid Annariea
08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
aj rose, awe, thank you!! haha its difficult to choose, isnt it? xD

Mermaid Annariea
08-27-2012, 11:41 PM
i think i might make a poll out of this tomorrow when i have my laptop.
that might make it easier, lol.

Mermaid Annariea
09-04-2012, 04:51 PM
bumping thread (:
also, youve probably noticed that i added a poll to it. VOTE VOTE VOTE GUYS. :D im curious to know your choices <3