PDA

View Full Version : So I have a dilemma...

Mermaid Celissa
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Okay, so I'm getting a tail from Fish Butts this Christmas, and I've been working on design ideas. I was wondering, do you guys know if side fins would cost extra? I have four side fins on my sketch and I don't know if I can get them. Help!

Winged Mermaid
08-28-2012, 04:50 PM
It depends on what the extra fins end up being made out of, how big they are, what kind of design, ect. Just message Stevi and ask her!

Mermaid Celissa
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh okay. Email?

Ashe
08-28-2012, 08:17 PM
I emailed her asking and she said that she makes them out of painted neoprene (stays on best) at no extra cost. I'm getting mine at Christmas too! <3

Mermaid Annariea
08-28-2012, 10:42 PM
she doesnt charge extra for any customizations as far as i know. i have a dorsal, side fins, and fluke fringe, and she didnt charge any extra :D

Mermaid Azira
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I assume you are still growing. So what are you doing about that?

Mermaid Celissa
08-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Well, I haven't hit my growth spurt, so I don't know

Mermaid Azira
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Ya. I want to get a fishbutt for christmas but I am also still growing.:p I have been trying to figure out if i should wait (I really don't want to) or If I should buy one then.

Winged Mermaid
08-29-2012, 11:48 PM
If I were you I'd wait. Then again I waited years to get a lot of things I really really really wanted to make sure I was done growing, and that they'd fit me for a long time.

I have known teen mers who got expensive tails and grew out of them in 2 months after receiving it becuase they hit their growth spurt. That's why fabric tails are such a popular option for still growing merlings. They stretch a lot more and are much less expensive to initially buy or replace. I do know of one merling who has a sequin tail that left extra inches to the top (and folds it down right now) and left extra fabric on the inside of the seam to allow for letting the tail out later. Then again you won't be able to see any seams on a sequin tail if you need to let it out or add material, but every other tail you would.

I guess for extra length you could always add fabric onto the top and cover the seam with a mermaid belt or something.

Capt Nemo
08-30-2012, 01:20 AM
WAIT!!!! I learned the hard way with my first drysuit back in 87. Bought it ($550), and outgrew it within a year. Nowdays that same suit would be $1200. Wait until you are done growing before shelling out the big bucks.

Lyna
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
as far as i've heard, she doesnt charge extra for any customizations. she's insane. se does it because she loves it, not for a profit.