PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for the mertailor? (I really would appreciate answers!!)

MermaidMeiko
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 14 years old, and I'm relatively new to this, so... I wouldn't know.
ANYWAY..... I ordered a tail from the Mertailor on May 12, 2011. It has been almost 3 months, and it still hasn't arrived. I know he's been pretty busy lately, and all... But is this normal? The website said the order was completed, but not much else, so I would like to know what that means... I've also heard some pretty.... Not good things about him in the past about him being unprofessional. From what I know, he's changed. I dunno. I'm a pretty impatient person to start with, but the only other time I've waited this long was for a cosplay. They made it from scratch... And sent it from HONG KONG. Also, a coat from Japan. Anything I've waited so long for was really just from the other side of the world. I don't want to come off as impatient, immature, or rude... That's the last thing I want. I just would really like to know if this is normal. You see, my mum told me that the order was completed, my hopes got REAAALLLYYY high. Well, now I've just gotten off of the subject.

Well, I really would appreciate an answer.... I've just been waiting for what seems like so long.

Winged Mermaid
08-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Both times with me it took over three months to get my tail (my original and my replacement, which he no longer does). It says 4-6 weeks but I've only heard of a hand full of people getting theirs in that time. At this point I would email him and ask him about it. He's been known to say he's going to ship things the next day then not do so for another month or more. This has happened to me and others. Unless you get a tracking number, he hasn't shipped it.

MermaidMeiko
08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
We've emailed him more than once... We haven't gotten a tracking number, so I guess he hasn't shipped it... Thank you for telling me that this is normal of him, because now I can be more patient.

AniaR
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
it's normal but it shouldn't be the case. 6-8 weeks is not 3 months. I would have a parent actually call him for you. busy or not, this is his job his product should arrive on time or he should give a discount

AniaR
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
His number is
352-302-9218 (tel:13523029218)

MermaidMeiko
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Thank you SO MUCH! The thing is, though, we literally JUST got a voicemail form him saying that we'll have a tracking number by friday. I hope he's being truthful.

AniaR
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
he trolls the forum like crazy so he probably read it here. I noticed on FB he wrote:

Fans and customers. Yes, it is true that we are swamped! Like any other business, we get backed up due to an overwhelming amount of orders. Please be patient. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly @ mertailor@yahoo.com
He likes to respond to issues he reads here by posting on FB.

I hope you get your tail in a timely manner and it's everything you hope! Please be sure to post a review (positive or negative or both!) if you can

MermaidMeiko
08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
i definitely will!

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Good luck! I hope your tail comes out perfectly and is worth the wait. :)

AniaR
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
good luck!

MermaidMeiko
08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I can't waaait >w<

MermaidAubrin
08-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Sorry it's talking so long!!! When it dose get ther please post pictures I am 13 and I'm looking in to getting a mertailor tail and I I would love to see how tails look on some one my age

MermaidMeiko
08-07-2011, 08:32 PM
He said he would send the tracking number on/by friday.... it's sunday... still giving him the benefit of the doubt, hoping that he WILL send the tracking number soon.... raah. the summer's almost over. I live in NJ, and the local pool at the High School does not allow fins. (They're anti-merfolk T_T)
It gets really cold where I live, and I probably won't be able to use my tail till April, cos that's when we go on vacation (Every year, my family takes a trip to Anguilla. It's beautiful. If you haven't heard of it, look it up :3)

AniaR
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
seriously? He's been too busy causing drama to make the tails he promised. :\

MermaidMeiko
08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
i think i'm starting to annoy my mum... "Did you get the tracking number yet?" "No..." "Did you get it yet?" "What?" "The tracking number" "No, I just checked =_="

but anyway, I've been reading reviews, and I'm starting to get worried that my tail will be too small or too big. I'm starting to wonder if my tail will be worth the wait. No matter what I get, though, I'll be thankful, and use it anyway. I would just really feel bad if what I get isn't good. My mom paid a lot of money for a tail that might not fit me. I'm a little scared....

AniaR
08-08-2011, 09:10 AM
well we'll keep our fins crossed for you, maybe your mom should call again :)

MermaidMeiko
08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
:D :D :D he sent some pictures of the tai, and it looks pretty awesome! I'd post one, but...
1) I dunno how o3o
2) Are watermarked, and I dunno if I should....

BUT IT LOOKS SO PRETTY! :D

MermaidAubrin
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Glad its going well!! I hope it looks as good in real life as it does in the photos

Kanti
08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Watermarking is only to prove that it's a mertailor tail. He doesn't want you or anyone else to reuse the picture
and claim it's their tail, it's perfectly okay to show the picture though :')

As for posting it, you can either post the link, or if it's saved onto your computer, click the picture frame looking
button on the top of the posting menu and then browse for it.

Either way, glad you like how it looks :')
I hope we can see you in it once you get it

AniaR
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
did you get a tracking number?

MermanMatty
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
MermaidMeiko: :( I'm sorry it took so long to get your tail! I can only imagine how anxious you were the WHOLE time. But I hope it looks amazing on you now! :)

----------Side Note/References to earlier posts on this thread-----------

"seriously? He's been too busy causing drama to make the tails he promised. :\" -Raina

(The purpose of this post message is correct false information and give factual information)

That is gossip and inappropriate. He was not causing drama, and he was being truthful about being backed up with orders. His company is expanding, so yes there may be delays in tail making and tail shipping. But any professional person would know that some times there are complications in the production business. It is common sense. Things take longer than expected sometimes. It is not your place to make an assumption about what is going on with his company or his life. You are not privy to information about either. So if you have a question about production, customer support, or anything else regarding Mertailor, you can ask me Raina. :) Have a good day!

AniaR
09-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Matty, you're necro posting. Do you know what that means? It means you're reviving a thread that has all ready finished for your purpose of drama. All you're doing is proving everything I say. And yes, Eric was busy with drama at this EXACT time that she was posting (read dates!), there's lots of screen caps to prove it... infact, I think you were right in the thick of it eh ;) <3 deleting posts of the mertailor wall doesn't mean the drama didn't happen. :) when we see him devoting hours of his time to fighting with people in the forum, and petty status updates online- that time clearly isn't spent on a tail.

If you want to help your boyfriend, do something helpful. Stop arguing with me. You just keep proving me right with every contradiction you make. And for the love of God please learn about the Streisand Effect.

Syrenia
09-22-2011, 03:41 PM
*le gasp* Doesn't allow mermaids!? Now that's just plain RUDE! I would have a mer-fit. The pool where I'm from allows fins, (then again, it's not like the lakes and stuff here ever get cold; it's 119 degrees Fahrenheit here daily) and they always ask us to come back really soon to see them when we leave. Little kids love it! I can't believe they don't allow mermaids?!

AniaR
09-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I think it worries some life guards :( and some pools worry they'll be liable if you get hurt!

MermanMatty
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
"Matty, you're necro posting. Do you know what that means? It means you're reviving a thread that has all ready finished for your purpose of drama. All you're doing is proving everything I say. And yes, Eric was busy with drama at this EXACT time that she was posting (read dates!), there's lots of screen caps to prove it... infact, I think you were right in the thick of it eh ;) <3 deleting posts of the mertailor wall doesn't mean the drama didn't happen. :) when we see him devoting hours of his time to fighting with people in the forum, and petty status updates online- that time clearly isn't spent on a tail.

If you want to help your boyfriend, do something helpful. Stop arguing with me. You just keep proving me right with every contradiction you make. And for the love of God please learn about the Streisand Effect." -Raina

Oh you're so witty for combining necrophilia and posting on a forum. SO WITTY! And I am going through all threads to correct information that is not correct. And an argument is a two sided conversation which requires equal chances of winning, you're not going to win because you are not on my level in intellect. So don't try those things with me "Raina" or should I say Stefanie. You are nothing more than a GIRL in a tail. You are nothing to this community. No one cares what you do or say. You are nothing. And just because Eric was there when drama was going on doesn't mean he was involved, and I know how to read, I actually read REAL books, not books that require an IQ of 4. Thank you. Reminder, you are a "teacher", even though I think you could learn more from them but that's just me, you need to learn your place and set an example for maturity and stop trying to put me down and trying to use my "boyfriend" status as something to correct me. There is no place for correction and I am not speaking on behalf as his boyfriend. So. Cut. The. Shit. <3 And deleting stuff off a wall doesn't make it go away because you continuously stalk his page and anything involving him. So in a way you are the one causing said "drama". And he is not Mertailor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He is still a person, he has times that he doesn't work. Just like you spend all your time reading to kids saying it's a job... psh. And I know what the Streisand effect is, first off all it is is a term used to make people who use it SEEM educated, when all it is is deleting things on the internet to try to hide something. Why would Eric need to hide anything from you. Your pull in this world goes about as far as your ability to model. Not very. So, next time you want to try to stand over someone make sure they aren't smarter than you. Have a good day and don't drown. :) <3

MermanMatty
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Just fyi you monitoring anyone's page about them deleting is just absurd and since you know when they delete things before anyone else only proves that you are indeed stalking pages. So please, keep this going. I personally find it EXTREMELY entertaining that you try to stand on my level. Talk to you sooooon ;)

AniaR
09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
lol, necro posting is an actual term you silly person.

-You can't correct information that is not "correct" because you keep posting dishonest things. You're not a neutral party.
-Your boyfriend status DOES work against you, both here, and in a COURT OF LAW. You have his best interest in mind- thus you are biased
-If you read so much, please learn to spell, and actually read the things you're saying, and at LEAST spell my name properly. <3
-A lot of people care about me :) and it's funny, you've had to stoop to that sort of insulting level because your arguments aren't holding up. I say my honest experience with Eric, I dont say "no one cares about Eric" or "eric is stupid" etc etc.
-Just a friendly reminder- mermaiding has been around for 100 years. I'm having an article published about it in a mermaid magazine quite soon- so you can become educated on that ;) The community existed long before Mertailor, it will exist long after.
-I actually don't constantly stalk his page :) We emailed a while back, I assumed we had some sort of truce, til I got some of his alt accounts on youtube thrown my way and some nasty status updates about the forum were brought to my attention. That's not much of a "let's move on" that's a "I'll let you think I'm moving on so you let your guard down while I try to make myself look better"
-Im not sure where I've stated my job is "reading to kids" but I find it quite hilarious you're so low on actual facts for your argument you result to insulting any kind of work with kids :P
-You clearly don't know what the Streisand effect is. I'm sorry that making a parallel to it seems to intimidate you- after all you tell me you can read! Surely a learned man like you who somehow has the right to make all these statements can appreciate the irony of such an effect.
-My pull in the mertailor world seems to go pretty far these days, you two have been obsessed with me for months. I mean honestly, if I had no pull- you wouldn't care would you?
- Funny to make assumptions about my modelling (something I've done for fun and yet have more than 200+ publications under my belt and yes- I've met my fare share of celebs but I don't need to toss names to make myself look good) I mean really, you're just obsessively trolling everything I post looking for some fault to use against me- you can't find one, so you throw out insults whenever you can. I've never really had to fall to that level in needing to post insults about Eric, screencaps and actual photos and truth work just fine.

HERE'S WHERE WE GET SERIOUS NO SMILEY FACE BUSINESS TIME!

1) You've just seriously broken mernetwork rules with your harassing post. There's a difference between critiquing a tail maker and having an opinion, and out right attacking an individual. Since you've chosen to outright attack me with all of these statements you have broken our rules and therefor qualify for a ban. You can learn all about that by actually reading our rules (something you failed to do) and reading the thread about our lovely member K.L.

2) Because you actually wrote and published these things on a forum you have once again committed slander (and libel as it's in the written form) so I'd like to draw your attention to the last time you did this by referring you to this post: here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?60-Mertailor-Review&p=3521&viewfull=1#post3521) and remind you these same rules still apply. I now have evidence of your harassment, slander, and libel. Libel is actually an arrestable offence in your state. Since I consulted with a lawyer the last time you insisted on making such comments I'm well aware of my rights. If you do not remove your comment and cease and desist your slander/libel of me I will be filing a cease and desist letter to both you and Mertailor LLC through a lawyer and then you can decide if it's really worth it to you financially to continue to post slander/libel or if it's worth it to meet me in court with my evidence of every single claim I've made. Your choice.

regardless, this forum is not the place for you.

Mermaid Photine
09-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh Dear. Not again. I come onto this thread hoping for an update saying that the tail has come and all problems are solved. Instead I find drama and insuts. I am really getting tired of all the mertailor drama and issues.

Please, if you do not wish for drama, Merfanatic, do not reply. You were the first to reply to this thread in a long time. People had forgotten about it, and figuratively, the thread was dead. You are "reviving" it by posting on it again, hence, necroposting. I do not understand where the love of death comes in. If I am wrong on this, feel free to correct me.

You do not improve Eric's reputation or you own by insulting a much respected member of the mer community. Please don't do it. I do not like using strong words with the possibility of angering people, but telling Rania to learn her place is inappropriate and uncalled for. Like it or not, your name is linked with the mertailor's, so what you do on this forum affects the community's idea of your boyfriend's business. If you act polite, people will think better of the mertailor. If you insult, people will not. A heart symbol after cursing does not make the cursing go away nor makes it any more acceptable.

I accept the fact that you are likely older than me and have achieved a higher level of education. I accept the fact that you have had more life experience. I, however, do not think that you are proving it to me. A person with the correct argument does not need to hide it in insults. He can state the facts and watch the opposition bluster and flounder to look for a proper way to put his words down. If you are correct, state the facts. You do not need to insult anyone's intelligence, employment, or hobbies.

I wish for this drama to be resolved.

AniaR
09-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Pandora- she didn't continue with this thread- she posted another with a photo when she finally got her tail :)

Mermaid Photine
09-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh! Thank you. I will go there now. :)

Winged Mermaid
09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh you're so witty for combining necrophilia and posting on a forum. SO WITTY! And I am going through all threads to correct information that is not correct. And an argument is a two sided conversation which requires equal chances of winning, you're not going to win because you are not on my level in intellect. So don't try those things with me "Raina" or should I say Stefanie. You are nothing more than a GIRL in a tail. You are nothing to this community. No one cares what you do or say. You are nothing. And just because Eric was there when drama was going on doesn't mean he was involved, and I know how to read, I actually read REAL books, not books that require an IQ of 4. Thank you. Reminder, you are a "teacher", even though I think you could learn more from them but that's just me, you need to learn your place and set an example for maturity and stop trying to put me down and trying to use my "boyfriend" status as something to correct me. There is no place for correction and I am not speaking on behalf as his boyfriend. So. Cut. The. Shit. <3 And deleting stuff off a wall doesn't make it go away because you continuously stalk his page and anything involving him. So in a way you are the one causing said "drama". And he is not Mertailor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He is still a person, he has times that he doesn't work. Just like you spend all your time reading to kids saying it's a job... psh. And I know what the Streisand effect is, first off all it is is a term used to make people who use it SEEM educated, when all it is is deleting things on the internet to try to hide something. Why would Eric need to hide anything from you. Your pull in this world goes about as far as your ability to model. Not very. So, next time you want to try to stand over someone make sure they aren't smarter than you. Have a good day and don't drown. :) <3

You are breaking one of the MerNetwork rules with this post. It is one thing to have an opinion and to argue that opinion, as long as you keep it respectful. To outright insult a member in this way is NOT allowed. Given your past posts, this is your ONLY WARNING. Break any of the rules again and I will have to take action on your account.
Also keep in mind that the Mertailor was banned from MerYuku and MerNetwork for multiple reasons. He is not allowed on this forum, and if the admins feel that he is posting here through you you will be banned as well. Keep it clean, keep it respectful, keep it your opinion.

AniaR
09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh! Thank you. I will go there now. :)

it's right here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?416-My-mertailor-tail....-I-FINALLY-GOT-IT!-D) she's on DA too

Mermaid Star
09-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Thank you Winged. That was very much needed. And thank you Raina, for posting the other post, I was looking for that! :)

Merman Chris
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Why even give this guy a warning? His insulting of Raina is beyond the pale and worth several warnings. It is a malicious, hateful attack on one of the more prominent posters here by a stooge for someone who is banned. He is not owed a forum to vent his bile toward anyone just because we tell the truth about his boyfriend. Between this guy and Melissa, Eric sure knows how to surround himself with the most CHARMING people.....

MermanMatty
09-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh? Well your post directly towards Eric DEFINITELY made you seem charming. :) It made you come off as rude and very immature, you obviously have some issues with eric and then some, so when you deal with those issues I'm sure both myself and everyone on this forum would be glad to talk to you :)I'm here to help anyone that seems to need it <3 Talk to you soon.

And as for "Mermaid" Shelly she has not made any complaints to Eric about her tail, so I wonder where this hostility you have toward Eric comes from. But then again I don't care :) So have a good day. I do not wish to argue, just stating my opinion. :) Good day to you sir

MermanMatty
09-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Oh and as Raina says, You're "Necro-posting." This thread was dealt with and no one was replying/posting to it anymore.

OrcaMatt
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Wow, are you for real?

Merman Chris
09-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Right, Matt? He's so ridiclous it's hard to believe he's a real person and not some character. Buddy, I could really give two shits if you find me charming, rude, or whatever. You have already established yourself as a major douche by what you said to Raina, so your opinion on anything at this point is not taken seriously by anyone. You certainly speak for no one here, I promise you that.

I think that is so cute and witty how you put shell's name in parantheses, quite a bitchy little tactic, I see what you did there. But know this; insulting my wife or attacking her in any way will get you fucking annihlated, understand? Ask anyone. Talk shit to me all you want, but leave her out of it bitch boy. You're just a groupie to this scene anyway, and he'll throw you aside eventually too. You'll see.

Mermaid Photine
09-27-2011, 10:06 PM
*headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

Merfanatic. Please stop the maddness! You don't have to reply if you do not like the post. Smilies do not hide the tone that your message reads. I feel that with the personal and sarcastic nature of your messages, you are not proving your own maturity, and it gives you not a leg (erm...fin) to stand upon. Can we please call a truce and agree to disagree?

OrcaMatt
09-27-2011, 10:17 PM
*headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

Merfanatic. Please stop the maddness! But the madness is the point. Would you put it past them to try to bring the place down from the inside by seeding constant discord? </conspiracy>

Oddly, repeated headdesking was exactly what I was going to reply with initially but I was moved in another direction.

Mermaid Photine
09-27-2011, 10:22 PM
*grabs tinfoil hat, just in case*

It really makes me sad that a professional tailmaker and those close to him don't get along with this community. We have such a large audience, especially with lurkers. I was a lurker on yuku for a few years. Also, when you google mertailor, you find the reviews here. I think they are giving themselves bad press.

Merman Chris
09-27-2011, 10:25 PM
My issue with Eric isnt even about his tails. It's about his utter failure as a human being and an ethical business person. And that is not the sort of person I desire to do any business with, nor would I reccomend him to anyone.

Mermaid Photine
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
We must take deep breaths before posting.

Winged Mermaid
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I agree that the intensity of the post was worth several warnings, which is why this is his ONLY warning. I know you've seen me give certian people a few warnings, and a few chances to cool down, regroup, and try again from a more respective angle before taking action on an account.

Chris, you are name calling as well, which is against the rules. If you continue I will have to take action on your account. Everyone needs to calm down. I am shutting down this thread for the night.

Winged Mermaid
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
After this and the PMs exchanged between me and Merfanatic, I have decided that Merfanatic will be temporarily banned for three weeks. I hope he will use this time to get his head on straight and put this drama behind him. When he returns he will not have the forum permissions to post in the Commercial Tails section or the Mertailor Review section, since he has proved he can not handle posting in those places. He is welcome to post in the Mertailor Debate thread, but if he tries to use it to reply to threads in either of the restricted areas listed previously, he will be banned. If he continues to break rules, he will be banned. At this point when I could, and perhaps should, have banned him for his behavior and I decided to give him one last chance, his membership stands completely on my discretion. If he wants to use that chance to be a contributing member of the forum, then he has that chance. If not, the privilege of his membership will be revoked. I think at this point after the PMs I am being quite generous.

Also Chris broke the rules as well. Given that this replies were provoked by Merfanatic, but still against the rules. He will be suspended for one week.

AniaR
09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
yeah... string of FB posts suggest otherwise but oh well. I think you did the right thing and if "Matty" wants to become a member of the community that's fine, being a member of the community does not mean solely posting on only mertailor threads. As much as I dont like the idea of him being here I'm not about to tell someone they can or can't be a member of the mer community. I just hope he and anyone else realizes this forum is a privileged that YOU have physically created and PAID money to have. There is so much more to this community that a couple of negative reviews and comments about Eric,,, and so much gets missed out on by only seeing through those negativity goggles. Kudos for handling it graciously- you've far more patience than I.

HBMermaid_Angela
09-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Well said AniaR! And well handled Winged! I know that we are all individuals and in turn will have different opinions or view points (to which we are all entitled). However, we have all come to this forum because we have at LEAST one thing in common. It is good that reviews are posted on products of any kind because it helps us all out. I personally would feel that if you get a negative comment/feedback, that you should take that, learn from it, and try to correct it for the next time. Every business should be about quality and not quantity. Although I find every tail makers work to be fascinating and beautiful in it's own right, it is the negative comments left by the "professional" NOT the reviewers that have led me to a decision I have made (and so far, am VERY happy with it).

I just wish nothing but the BEST of LUCK when it comes to whatever tail choice you make. Whether you buy a professional one, make one yourself or have a generous person take on the endeavor of making it for you!