PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Morticia Mermaid
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
My name is Anna, I'm still working on figuring out what my Mermaid name is. I have liked mermaids for as long as I can remember. I believe in all kinds of mythology and legends. I've always felt at home in the water, and just recently ( like a couple months ago) I realized that people can actually buy tails to swim in. My dream had finally come true. But not only that, it had opened up a whole new branch for my designing. I have been a fantasy clothing designer for the last year and a half, though I've not had the funding to be able to build much of my designs. I also make jewelry of all kinds, from mermaid accessories to steampunk fittings.

I recently started building up my own design label, saving pennies and dimes from my full time office job. The funding is slow, and its still not enough to get me up and going. I found a site that a friend had recommended to me that I am working on building up a profile for that helps small projects find funding.

My dream has been to take my disability (I am dyslexic) and turn it into my greatest attribute. I can finally do that through my designing and creating.

Right now I do not own any tails, though I am working on making my first tail, and I will also be purchasing one from Fish Butts and Mermaid Raven from Merbellas (She's someone who I look up to very much, a hero of sorts I guess you could say).

I am so very glad that I found this site. There seems to be so many people here with good advice and tips. I can't wait to get advice of all kinds about mermaiding and tail making from everyone.

(Also, would anyone know which discussion section I might make a thread about my design project once I get it launched on the funding site? I'd really appreciate any help I could get regarding where to put that. Thanks!!)

Mermaid Celissa
08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi Anna! It depends on what kind of design you're working on. If it's a tail, it can go in General Tail Discussions. If not, in can go in the sub-forum Just Talk!. Glad you joined! Enjoy Mernetwork!

Morticia Mermaid
08-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks Celissa! I do a lot of mermaid designing and non-mermaid designing, though the funding project to jump start my designing is going to be mermaid tails and accessories. So I'll make sure I post in the appropriate places :)

Mermaid Celissa
08-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Okay. If you need help, PM me!

Morticia Mermaid
08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Thank you! I will :D

AniaR
08-29-2012, 05:53 PM
welcome Anna! <3

Morticia Mermaid
08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Thank you AniaR! If you are who I think you are, I've seen photo's of you in a tail Raven from Merbellas did. It looks absolutely stunning on you :)

AniaR
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
<3 I am in cognito! aka read my username backwards, LOL

spottedcatfish
08-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Welcome Anna.

Morticia Mermaid
08-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone. It's great to see so many nice people. Cool to know there are helpful, friendly people on here :D

Sea Pearl
08-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Welcome Anna! Glad to have you on MerNetwork :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

Lyna
09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the site pretty lady!

http://www.facebook.com/catz.tatz
Mermaid Lyna

ShyMer
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Oh! I missed your thread somehow. Hey there <3

There was some talk once about steampunk mermaid stuff. Any thoughts?

Morticia Mermaid
09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you everyone. I am loving the site so far :yay: Everyone is so friendly

Really Shy? I could look into it and see what all I can come up with. I know my sis would LOVE if I could come up with some stuff for a Steampunk Mermaid. I'd just have to do it without metal so no one would have to worry about rust :)

Talia
09-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome Anna!

Steampunk mermaid? Please, add me to the people interested in the topic.

ShyMer
09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Yay! Specifically I remember people talking about how to make goggles look less like swim goggles and more like a mermaid prop.

Drowning
09-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Yay! Specifically I remember people talking about how to make goggles look less like swim goggles and more like a mermaid prop.

Like these:

http://www.woodengoggles.com/ (http://www.woodengoggles.com/)

ShyMer
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Ooh, I want some!

Morticia Mermaid
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I think I'm going to start using this thread about me to post updates and such about my tail-making and such.

On that note~ If someone made and sold canvas bags with the main purpose being for carrying a mertail, and possibly extra pockets to hold mermaid accessories of all sorts? A bag that would be customized to the size of the tail it would be carrying.

Well, either way I am going to be making them. If anyone would like to see about getting one just pm me and we can work out design and such. ;)

MerAndrew
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow nice, well I just missed your thread sorry, and hi Anna and your mermaid tails look very well, so how did you create those mermaid tails? :)

Morticia Mermaid
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Thought it was only fitting that I say goodbye on the same thread I said hello on. I'm done bothering trying to explain. I'm done having my points of view bashed about and my opinions criticized. I now understand why so many people call this the "Hate forum", and quite frankly, I don't blame them for calling it that.

If anyone wants to keep in touch, you know where you can find me. And just because I am leaving the site, does not mean I am going to stop making tails. I will have examples of the painted neoprene tail finished by the end of the month.

Mermaid Saphira
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
^ I wish you didn't have to leave, sweetie! I wish you the best out of life and hope to see you again someday. We will miss you <3 hugz

Shivice
12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Anna, ever since I first got started on this site, you were one of the first friend I met here on the site. I will miss talking to you here on this site. I will keep in touch. Sorry to see you go.

AniaR
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way :( A break can be a good thing though, I have done that from the forum a few times and it always gives me a better perspective. Maybe you come back, maybe you don't, but I hope you do :)