PDA

View Full Version : Umm... hi?

cockerelsiren
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello all you mermaid enthusiasts out there!

I found a link to this site on Deviantart and figured I'd give it a go, and I'm enjoying it thus far! My name is Brian and I'm a recently-graduated college student living in Florida. I've loved mermaids and mermaid legends since I was a kid (used to pretend I was one *blush*) and as of late I've been getting back into the merman phase. I'm also obsessed with fauns and satyrs as most of my friends will tell you, but that's for another thread :)

So I've been trying to write a book as of late, but to no avail. It's going to be a romantic fiction focused around pirates and mermen, and I have practically the entire book panned out... I just can't find the motivation to sit down and write it. And anytime I do, I pretty much tear up anythng just written and try to start fresh. It's been a frustraing few months.

To procrastinate, I read, sketch, frequent the beach (when not getting buffeted by tropical storms and hurricanes) and pretty much just chill with my friends. I'm generally friendly (unless I just woke up) so feel free to say hi or shoot me a message or whatevs. I also love talking movies and books, and if you're a writer I wouldn't mind discussing works.

I'm happy I found this website :)

~cockerelsiren

AniaR
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
woowhoo did you find it through my forum thread perchance? ;) trying to get lots of people here from DA :) I run deviantARTmermaids over there. Welcome to the forum I think you'll like it!

ShyMer
08-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey there! There's a few other writers floating around here. I bet they'll find you before too long :)

Any favorite books recently?

cockerelsiren
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I recently read a book called "Touch of the Sea," which is a collection of short stories about mermen and other sea creatures. It's gay erotic fiction though, so I wouldn't suggest it for the light-hearted! That's usually the genre I stick with. But my friend forced me to read the Hunger Games recently, and I really enjoyed that.

And yes, AniaR, I did find it through you. It's a workin' :D

Nate Walis
09-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice to see another Deviant arriving here.

Estarriol
09-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi! Is there a linky to your DA? Always happy to look at pretty pictures...

cockerelsiren
09-02-2012, 06:13 PM
http://floridabrian.deviantart.com/ Here ya go! I'm afraid I don't post many of my works, just random pictures I do over time. I like to draw a lot of superhero stuff in my spare time, so my profile is littered with it. Maybe I'll draw some mermaid stuff and share it on this site :D

Estarriol
09-03-2012, 01:07 AM
lovely stuff, thank you!

cockerelsiren
09-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Thank you, kind sir!

Lyna
09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Welcome!

cockerelsiren
09-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks!