PDA

View Full Version : New Tail Designer

Morticia Mermaid
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone. I am currently working on building up my own design label (It's called Shadow Fancy, short for Shadow Fantasy Creations) and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips? I plan on starting with some tails and mermaid accessories (But I hope to venture into other areas as I'm a Fantasy clothing designer, but thats for another thread). I am planning on starting out with making cloth tails, mostly starting off with simple ones, and I plan on calling them training tails. They will be generally inexpensive, but they will give people the opportunity to try out a tail without spending too much so they can see if it would be something they enjoy, and they could also be used by everyone who wants to work on their swimming while in a tail. I think its something that could benefit everyone in the mer community.

I'm hoping to also offer a bit more complex cloth tails, extra fins and such to make a training tail something someone could enjoy using in public until they could afford a silicone tail (I'll be getting one from Fish Butts and one from Raven with Merbellas, I love them both), or to add extra "drag" so if someone wanted they could use it to work on their swimming strength.

I am highly supportive of re-using and recycled materials. The monofins I will be using in the tail will be the oceanica monofin, I love the shape and that they are recycled. I am hoping that I can eventually use all planet friendly materials, including hemp fabrics for the tails. I already make my jewelry out of hemp cord and abandoned seashells (I never take anything from a beach that would require me "evicting" an animal from its home).

Currently I am working on building up a Kickstarter project for launch funding. And would greatly appreciate any help or tips anyone could give me on maybe where I can get planet friendly materials, info that I should add into my launch project, etc. Or if you would like more info from me about my project or design label, feel free to ask. I am open to questions and such https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif

Sorry if this seems kind of jumbled. I am dyslexic so its a bit hard at times to get words out in an understandable way when I'm stressed (and work at the moment is really stressed, needed a break so I wrote this up on my break ^^'). This has been a 2 year project that I have been working on, and would really appreciate any help you merladies and mergents could give me so I can get my feet off the ground with this. I'd really love to prove that having a learning disability doesn't make you incapable of making your dream come true by turning mine into my greatest attribute.

(I hope I've posted this in the right area, if not can someone let me know and I will move it. Thanks!!)

Karymermaid
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi Anna, Welcome!
I love that you are conscientious about the materials you use/will be using. I like your ideas, I wish you the best of luck! :)

Morticia Mermaid
08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you Kary! I really care about the planet. And I know there are probably lots of people making and selling tails already, I'd just like to be different and offer people an inexpensive option to see if mermaiding is for them, then I can direct them towards one of the AMAZING silicone tail makers if they would like to get a more realistic one :)