PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the facebook URL's?

Capt Nemo
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I keep getting a ton of Facebook URL's when I back out of a thread. At times there's 10-15 (2-3 average) that I have to back thru to get out of the thread. Just makes me hate Facebook that much more!

Any way to block it?

malinghi
09-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're describing but it sounds pretty annoying. Can you describe it a little more clearly to help troubleshoot the problem? You're saying that you click on pages on this website, and then when you click the back button on your browser it takes you to a facebook page instead?

Where on facebook does it take you?

Also, which browser do you use?

Capt Nemo
09-02-2012, 10:56 PM
No, when I load a page and then try to back out there's 2-3 facebook URL's that I have to back thru first before I can back out of the page. I found them on the recent pages tab by the back button on IE. Sometimes there's 10-15 to try and back through, but no facebook pages come up. I've seen this happen on another site only it's google ads.

I'll try to get the page if possible.

Capt Nemo
09-02-2012, 11:05 PM
https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connec ?

http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/x ?

I don't know what the rest is on either of them. But it seems to be multiple duplicates of them.

AniaR
09-03-2012, 08:06 PM
that's weird. I wonder if it's because the images posted are from facebook? Or some screencaps are from facebook? (e.g. in my coding I use my FB image's urls)

Capt Nemo
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Just a guess, but I'm thinking they're from the facebook connect icon on the top of the screen. It seems to pop up after the main/sub menu pages load.

AniaR
09-04-2012, 10:09 AM
hmm I have forefox and add block on so I am guessing that is blocked for me. Not having that issue! sorry you are!

malinghi
09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I tried googling the problem to see if other sites have seen this as well, but so far I haven't found anything. Could you try accessing the site with a different browser to see if it still happens? I tried to download IE to see if I could recreate the problem on my computer, but evidently the latest version of IE is only comparable with Windows 7, which I don't have.

Capt Nemo
09-04-2012, 10:28 PM
That could be, cause I'm on IE7 and XP.

Capt Nemo
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
In going to this thread this morning, I checked the recent pages and it went:

Whats with all the FB URL's
Help and Support
About this Forum
Mernetwork

Once I tried backing up, that's when the above URL's began appearing.

AniaR
09-05-2012, 10:29 AM
what do you mean by backing up?

Capt Nemo
09-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Clicking the "Back" button.

AniaR
09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
yeah I dont usually do that either ^_^; I usually open all the threads I want to read at once in individual tabs! Sorry, I think it may be an IE issue, or perhaps an extension blocking something.