PDA

View Full Version : Any Whovians out there?

Merman_Shawn
09-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Whovian= Fan of the British television show "Doctor Who".

So did anyone see the series 7 premier tonight?! "Epic" doesn't begin to describe it. It was classic Doctor Who. Nice touch adding in the "Pond Life" to lead up to the new season.

Mermaid Celissa
09-01-2012, 08:32 PM
After reading the title I thought this was going to get into something religious, lol.

NerineArcticMermaid
09-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Beenwatching it all since yesterday

Merman_Shawn
09-02-2012, 12:09 AM
YAY!

SilverSiren
09-02-2012, 04:13 AM
After reading the title I thought this was going to get into something religious, lol.

It is something religious...

Toxotes
09-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Just began watching, I am now somewhere in the middle of season 1.

Merman Dan
09-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Jon Pertwee (Doctor #3) was always my favorite, until David Tennant (Doctor #10) came along. Yesterday, "Event Horizon" was on HBO. Sean Pertwee, Jon's son, played a role. I kept thinking what a great Doctor he would make!

Merman_Shawn
09-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I kind of love that David Tennant married P (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Davison)eter Davison's(the fifth Doctor) daughter.

SilverSiren
09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Tom Baker!! Love that scarf. Have you seen the Doctor and the cyborg gunslinger yet? And Who doesn't think the "Weeping Angels" are the best monsters yet. Don't close your eyes!

I knitted that scarf for my husband, took me almost three months, but it's awesome. The 'Weeping Angels' are always my favourite. Have you read any Dr.Who books? They have a 'Weeping Angel' one. It's called 'Touched by an Angel', it has the 11th Dr and Amy and Rory.

telzey.amberdon
09-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Tom Baker!! Love that scarf. Have you seen the Doctor and the cyborg gunslinger yet? And Who doesn't think the "Weeping Angels" are the best monsters yet. Don't close your eyes!

Merman_Shawn
09-19-2012, 10:41 PM
All the Angels episodes are supremely awesome! I really thought I wwas going to hate the gun-slinger episode, but I loved it!

SilverSiren
09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
AMAGAD! The next Dr.Who episode will have the Angels! Can't wait!

Mermaid Margarete
09-27-2012, 10:06 AM
My friend and I are actually going to start doing this Doctor Who workout where there are rules such as every time someone says "Doctor" you have to do 10 jumping jacks! Haha, should be fun!!

Mermaid Saphira
09-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I thought it was pretty cool show :) Have to watch it alone, everyone else in my house thinks it's weird :(

SilverSiren
09-27-2012, 11:31 AM
My friend and I are actually going to start doing this Doctor Who workout where there are rules such as every time someone says "Doctor" you have to do 10 jumping jacks! Haha, should be fun!!

Love it, gonna do it! Who-aerobics!

Jadestone
10-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Did anyone watch the episode from yesterday

I am having a lot of feelings right now D:

Merman_Shawn
10-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I have many feelings as well!

NerineArcticMermaid
10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
:`( no li ke feelings bad bad....

I hope next one be tter

AniaR
10-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Love your new profile pic!
I am starting to think I need to watch this series, everyone is going on about it!

Also, I keep thinking people are making Dr Suess references XD haha

babsannee
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
huge whovian here!

I just watched "the angels take manhattan." I'm currently trying not to sob.

Alveric
10-01-2012, 10:58 AM
AniaR

You could start with the first seasons and make a life-long hobby out of just catching up.

Mermaid Margarete
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I haven't seen "The Angels Have Taken Manhatten" yet but I'm personally thrilled with the end result (I mean, if you follow Dr. Who at all you know what happens in the episode) Breath of fresh air for the next episode!!! ...3.5 seasons is WAY too long.

Merman_Shawn
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
******SPOILERS*******
I'm just shocked that the Doctor didn't go back and get them, but they had to introduce that new rule: Once you see the future it can't be changed....
I hope this rule isn't just a plot contrivance to get rid of Amy and Rory, because I can think of several instances where this is not the way the Doctor Who universe works. :/

SilverSiren
10-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Amy and Rory were my favourite companions... I cried... I want them back! I liked Rose too... but Amy and Rory.... Heck, with Rose, we at least got more closure! Which makes me think they'll be back?

Merman_Shawn
10-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Probably... Companions always seem to find their way back to the TARDIS.

Mermaid Margarete
10-03-2012, 12:43 AM
I just watched the Angel episode. What made me want to cry? NO NEW ONES TIL FREAKIN CHRISTMAS?!?!

Merman_Shawn
10-03-2012, 01:17 AM
How I feel about all the recent companions:
Rose Tyler: She was a little annoying at first, but she grew on me. I cried a lot at the end of season 2.
Captain Jack Harkness: What can I say about this man that he already hasn't said about himself? lol Needless to say I love Jack, and I want Torchwood back!
Sarah Jane Smith: Such a classic, and she was still so lovely when she returned to the show. Sarah is often considered to be *THE* Doctor Who girl. Rest in Peace Elisabeth Sladen.
Martha Jones: Was a good companion, but I feel like she's just so forgettable.
Donna Noble: For a long time she was my favorite companion. I have a thing for strong, feisty red-haired women(platonically speaking of course). She really grew into a fantastic companion, despite the fans reaction to her.
Amy and Rory Pond-Williams: Amy is at this point my favorite companion ever! She is large and in charge. Do you hear me Raggedy Man?! Amy and Rory had great chemistry, I will truly miss seeing them run around in the TARDIS.

Also here's a little Capt. Jack and Ianto Jones cuteness:

SilverSiren
10-03-2012, 03:35 AM
How I feel about all the recent companions:
Rose Tyler: She was a little annoying at first, but she grew on me. I cried a lot at the end of season 2.
Captain Jack Harkness: What can I say about this man that he already hasn't said about himself? lol Needless to say I love Jack, and I want Torchwood back!
Sarah Jane Smith: Such a classic, and she was still so lovely when she returned to the show. Sarah is often considered to be *THE* Doctor Who girl. Rest in Peace Elisabeth Sladen.
Martha Jones: Was a good companion, but I feel like she's just so forgettable.
Donna Noble: For a long time she was my favorite companion. I have a thing for strong, feisty red-haired women(platonically speaking of course). She really grew into a fantastic companion, despite the fans reaction to her.
Amy and Rory Pond-Williams: Amy is at this point my favorite companion ever! She is large and in charge. Do you hear me Raggedy Man?! Amy and Rory had great chemistry, I will truly miss seeing them run around in the TARDIS.

Agreed on all points.

Mermaid Margarete
10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
See, I liked Rose Tyler cause she looked like your average girl. She wasn't ridiculously pretty (I'm not saying she was ugly) or super skinny or anything - she looked like someone you could easily bump into on the streets and not have to be in LA or NY to do so. She also at least tried to fit into the time periods they were visiting instead of just trying to set a fashion statement. She had a good ending, tho. She was actually just voted THE all time best Doctor Who companion on a poll BBC did.
Captain Jack was A-Mazing. Kinda sad you see his actual death, tho, but what a way to go.
I'm a baaad whovian and have only see one Sarah Jane Smith episode (from the past) and then those few episodes they did for the current seasons. I can't really judge her as a companion - she was more or less a third wheel.
Martha Jones is def my least favorite. She had such a mad crush on the Doctor and he was totally not even into her.... so she was always emo about it.
Donna is my FAVORITE! She's hilarious! She's like the only one that isn't infatuated with the Doctor. Their relationship is very much "good friends" and she's super fun to watch.
Amy and Rory - I really liked Amy... for the first season and a half. But then my friends and I decided it was now longer Doctor Who we were watching but The Amy Pond show (which was probably from her "large and in charge" attitude, as you put it). I honestly couldn't be happier she's off the show - tho it was a rather sad way to go. Rory, on the other had, was a lot less annoying then Amy. I liked Rory and his dad.

telzey.amberdon
10-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know how to do Venusian Akido?

Merman_Shawn
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know how to do Venusian Akido?

Well, it does work better with 5 arms and 5 legs, but I could try.... lol

I'm better at Martian Karate.

Mermaid Margarete
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Well, it does work better with 5 arms and 5 legs, but I could try.... lol

I'm better at Martian Karate.

Haha! Brilliant! I'd want to see you try Venusian Akido, tho =D

telzey.amberdon
10-04-2012, 11:32 PM
One question we have had is what will we talk to aliens about. God, technology, yeah right. How about recipies, spices? Don't laugh, some of the first far flung voyages were to get spices from the far side of the globe. We are missing some of the first Doctor Who episodes, why not ask the aliens if they have them recorded? After all, they have been listening and watching our entertainment with no royailties sent back to us. Seems only fair if we ask for copies of what we have sent them. Cable for free as it were. Just a thought.

Mermaid Bella
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
im listening to vale decem right now <3

if you see a dalek, run!

telzey.amberdon
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Don't bother with the stairs, Daleks have figured that out.

Mermaid Bella
10-05-2012, 07:54 PM
a challenge to you all! watch this without crying. i lost.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZaVlwEvcUQ

Mermaid Margarete
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
a challenge to you all! watch this without crying. i lost.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZaVlwEvcUQ

oh! I've seen this who presentation - it is really quiet beautiful! thooooooo I didn't cry =3 but I tend to be a tough cookie. The only movie that made me cry was LOTR:ROTK... unless I'm hormonal and watching a chick flick XD

Merman_Shawn
10-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I cried!

Winged Mermaid
10-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Me and my hubby both are! His Mom actually got us into it, since she grew up with it. She was super excited when they picked it up she knew she had to hook us ;) I realized it was exploding in fandom when I went to the 2011 Comic Con and saw cosplayers and merch everywhere! Made me soooo happy! Mother in law got me a Tardis mug for Christmas last year and that the only mug I use anymore XD

Glad to see there are some fellow Whovians around! So sad when you make Doctor Who references IRL and no one gets them.

Merman_Shawn
10-06-2012, 06:06 AM
So sad when you make Doctor Who references IRL and no one gets them.

I know right?! Happens to me all the time!:doh:

Mermaid Bella
10-08-2012, 07:46 AM
oh! I've seen this who presentation - it is really quiet beautiful! thooooooo I didn't cry =3 but I tend to be a tough cookie. The only movie that made me cry was LOTR:ROTK... unless I'm hormonal and watching a chick flick XD

you bow to no one :'|

Theta
10-13-2012, 10:30 AM

Merman_Shawn
10-13-2012, 01:20 PM
OMG Nirix! LOL

Merman_Shawn
10-16-2012, 03:23 PM
OMG YES PLEASE!!!

Mermaid Margarete
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
you bow to no one :'|

OMG. I bawled T_T

BAHAHA! I love the ariel/Dr Who pics XD those are hilarious!

Merman_Shawn
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Do you think he keeps her in the swimming pool in the library? lol

Mermaid Margarete
10-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Maybe he just uses her voice in his sonic screwdriver and so she's in her human form XD

Theta
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
YOUR NAME IS MERMAID THETA.

THETA.

THETA SIGMA.

*Thinking* Maybe I should change my name to Mermaid Koschei.... Guess who's my favorite character!
Anyone here listen to Chameleon Circuit?

I'm glad you picked up on that! It was totally unintentional- my fiance gave me the name Theta as a code name before we found out about that aspect of the Doctor- but it's a coincidence that totally fits us and our love of Doctor Who :)

(Have you seen my fob watch? I just picked it up in some old shipwreck. It's got shells and stuff of the lid. ;) )

Theta
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry for double posting, just found this... 7159

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Winged Mermaid
10-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Haha, nice.

Cordelia
10-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Ah! Mermaid Haru, though I haven't listened to much of Chameleon Circuit, I'm familiar with Alex and the boys. Nerdfighters, represent? :D

Worlds colliding *sigh* love it!

Merman_Shawn
10-20-2012, 02:35 PM
So I've been making Doctor Who memes... Here's one of them I made last night. :P

malinghi
10-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Hahahahaha!!!

SweeteSiren
11-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Has anyone been on Google today? 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, and they're celebrating with an Atari-style Doctor Who game! Click the logo to play, but be prepared to waste more time than you expected to today. :)

Mermaid Tula
11-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Happy 50th!

Mermaid Momo
11-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Happy 50th! Trying to convince my parents to take me to a timelord carnival event at a local comic bookshop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Elle
11-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I JUST WATCH DAY OF THE DOCTOR...... IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!

sashiyoop
12-05-2013, 10:09 PM
THE DAY OF THE DOCTOR WAS AMAZING~

Mermaid Cecelia
12-05-2013, 10:36 PM
At the end with 10... Such a jerk move, he can't say THAT again!!! It's not okay, too many feels!!! And I know I'm gonna bawl in the Christmas episode this year when 11 regenerates...

Mermaid Kalliope
12-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Geee! I'm a Whovian, too!

Mermaid Cecelia
12-25-2013, 11:13 PM
The amount of pain brought on by the Christmas special tonight..... I cried the entire time... I won't post spoilers, but I have one word... MOFFATTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun123joker
12-26-2013, 12:09 AM
ASDFGHJKL;LKJHGFDSDFHBJKK HOW DOES EVERYONE HAVE BBC AND I DONT LIKE BLARG EVEN THIS SITE HAS SPOILERS

Mermaid Cecelia
12-26-2013, 12:13 AM
ASDFGHJKL;LKJHGFDSDFHBJKK HOW DOES EVERYONE HAVE BBC AND I DONT LIKE BLARG EVEN THIS SITE HAS SPOILERS

....I didn't post any spoilers.... :(

Miyu
12-26-2013, 10:38 AM
I LOVE DOCTOR WHO. I wish I had BBC, I haven't seen any of the latest season >.<

Merman Dan
12-26-2013, 11:04 AM

See if your local cable/satellite provider has BBC-A (http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/)

Sephina
12-26-2013, 12:48 PM
ASDFGHJKL;LKJHGFDSDFHBJKK HOW DOES EVERYONE HAVE BBC AND I DONT LIKE BLARG EVEN THIS SITE HAS SPOILERS in the US and Canada it is shown on the Space Channel. They probably even have the episode up for free on their website Spacecast.com.

Miyu
12-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I got a keyboard for Christmas (OMG YAY FINALLY THANK YOU SO MUCH MORTICIA), and I don't feel like learning childrens' songs as my first keyboard pieces - I want to play music I like!

So, I found an easy-to-follow tutorial on youtube (I don't read music... well, I kind of read beats. But I really suck at sheet music even though I was in competition choir for YEARS), and I'm learning to play the Doctor Who theme as my first piece! :D

Here's a couple of small clips of me playing the first few notes... And yes, I am a complete beginner at keyboards. Therefore, I think I am doing well, because I can make a recognizable tune :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZq0bPO2v_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa5hInaSuhg

And OH DEAR GAWD is my audio horrid! So very sorry 'bout that...

Mermaid Xandra
12-30-2013, 07:29 AM
I am really into doctor who right now, I used not to be too obsessive but all my friends are really into it (they had a 50th anniversary party with a cosplay dress code). It's one of the great British legacies -- It makes me so proud to be British.

Elle
01-08-2014, 06:14 PM
This is awesome.....so click on this link (http://http://bit.ly/1dvgZOr) or go to google maps and type in Police Telephone Box
Then click on the double arrows on the road

deepblue
01-08-2014, 07:00 PM
That is super cool.

So I was walking down my sidewalk the other night as lights were coming on, and I had two shadows for a few minutes.

Only other Whovians understand why I was genuinely creeped out by that for a moment. :)

Mermaid Adriel
01-08-2014, 07:12 PM
@Elle THAT'S STUNNING! *w*

(btw, I'm starting loving this series but I'm not really a Whovian... not yet xD)

darcyexene
01-11-2014, 11:32 PM
Me! I am a HUGE fan of Doctor Who!!!!! ;)

Miyu
01-11-2014, 11:45 PM
DeepBlue, that would freak me out O.O

"Hey, who turned off the lights?" :P

Thalassa
01-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Aah! The library was so creepy!

Also: I was reading a book the other day and the character was in a cemetery. He described an angel statue "wings drooping, head bowed…the picture of grief." I couldn't focus on the book; all I was thinking was, "Don't blink!"

Too bad. It was a pretty good book, too. XD

Miyu
01-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Someone placed a little angel statue alongside the road near where I live... it's hidden amongst all the foliage (I live in a rainforest, LOTS of foliage), so I never know exactly where it is. Every time I see it when we drive by, I am a little freaked out! Since I don't know exactly where it is along the road, it seems like it moves around :P

Amphitrite
01-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Miyu sounds fun. :p

LaNyah
01-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Miyu, you just gave me an idea. I would love the opportunity to have an angel like that and just move it around from time to time. :jester:

samabell
01-19-2014, 05:31 AM
I absolutely love doctor who! Eccleston is definitely my favorite doctor. My favorite companion is either Rose, Donna, or Martha. And like everyone else said, my favorite episode is the Van Gogh episode, gets me every time.
I also have a TARDIS phone case haha.

mermaidtigris
01-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Oh gosh. I LOVE Doctor Who! I have a journal like River's that I made and I write Doctor Who poetry, scripts, drawings, stories... I have a fez, bowtie, sonic screwdrivers tenths and elevenths, all stuff I have made. I also crocheted a Tardis scarf, and the list goes on... My favorite episode is the weeping angel episode with Sally Sparrow but I also really like the doctor, the widow and the wardrobe episode but really I love all of them!! My favorite doctor is David Tennant (big harry potter fan too) and I'm still on the seventh season because I don't have BBC so I always watch it on Dailymotion. There is a weeping angel statue in the churchyard in my town. I am working on modding a barbie doll into a weeping angel. Weeping angels are my favorite villans(can you tell?) lol. :)

Rogue Siren
01-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Nope. Hate it with a passion. I'll leave this thread alone now.

Elle
01-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I like "a Good Man Goes to War" and "Let's Kill Hitler"
Everything happens in those episodes! Maybe I just like them because of all the River Song....I love River Song. But I think having lose ends tied up as well.
I cannot wait for the new stuff and see how Capaldi goes. He was interesting when he was in Fires of Pompeii.

Miyu
01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
A pair of weighted TARDIS poi I made for a friend :) The light glows in the dark! Only one of the pair says "Bad Wolf".

Also, I figured out what I'm doing for my Doctor Who tattoo! <3

mermaidtigris
01-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Awesome! and now I know what Poi is. Learn something new every day! :)

mermaidtigris
01-19-2014, 06:13 PM
OMG That was him in Fires of Pompeii?!?! I had no idea!

Elle
01-19-2014, 06:16 PM
OMG That was him in Fires of Pompeii?!?! I had no idea!

Yep, and Karen Gillan was the priestess that was following the doctor and donna around the city, lurking in the shadows. :D

mermaidtigris
01-19-2014, 06:20 PM
You just blew my mind I need to pay more attention when watching! lol :) I was mostly focusing on translating the show to my german friend who I made into a Doctor Who fan.

Mermaid Adriel
01-19-2014, 06:20 PM
@Miyu how cute! X3

Mermaid Dottie
01-19-2014, 06:30 PM
SOOOOO, I'm lame, and, I wasn't able to watch the Christmas Special.... :(

Miyu
01-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Thank you guys! :3

Haha yeah, I have all these weird hobbies that I'm constantly having to explain to all my weird hobby friends... Poi is really fun and a good workout for upper body. I knew I needed to make some Tardis poi! I'll make myself a pair as well eventually :P

Mermaid Tula
01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Miyu I still want a pair of your Tardis poi! <3

Miyu
01-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Haha! Well, I do take custom poi orders :P I can't really list the Tardis poi on etsy for copyright reasons (even if it's not exact), but it's fine for custom orders. Also, I'm a perfectionist, so I made these bad boys darn near indestructible! :P The weights don't stretch out the crochet stitches, and they're padded enough that I had a hard time bruising myself (and I bruise easily). Plus, the kumihimo cord I wove for the "leash doesn't tangle like regular rope for some reason, so it's easier to spin :D

Hmm, I wonder if my computer will let me finish working on my video I made of them...

Mermaid Tula
01-21-2014, 09:57 PM
How much would be a pair, as well as how much do they weigh each?

Miyu
01-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Haha, I'll PM you Tula :)