PDA

View Full Version : My First Tail!

Sea Specter
09-03-2012, 04:14 PM
:D Oh my gosh you guys~ I'm super psyched because I finished my tail this morning!!!
It's the base - I still haven't decided If I want to add more fins
I would add some process pictures, but they're wayyy big - apparently my camera takes them that way
I went the ghetto route and made my own 'monofin'/flipper shape out of some plastic dividers and duct tape
The fabric is polyester swim fabric, it's gold with pink undertones :]
I also got some yellow wedding veil type fabric if I want to use that for some fins or anything along with the gold fabric
I'll post a sized down picture of me in the finished product, I think it went swimmingly ;D :

I'm the one in the front, the person beside me is my friend I made it with - I have yet to suck her into our beautiful forum
Any suggestions about the first swim? <3

Mermaid Celissa
09-03-2012, 04:26 PM
They both look really pretty :D

Spindrift
09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Congrats! They look great! Looking forward to see more photos!

WavyMermaidy
09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Very cool!

AniaR
09-03-2012, 08:05 PM
yay! so cute

Blondie
09-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Oooh! That fabric is so pretty!!

ShyMer
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Yay so pretty!

Have you done any monofin type swimming yet? I knew the dolphin kick before trying a monofin, but it's a bit different once you get one on. I watched a whole bunch of videos before going out to swim of people wearing monofins with and without tails to get an idea of what to expect. If you learn well enough by watching, you should find that helpful :)

Also have someone with you who isn't mermaiding. Backup is good. If you're shy it helps too :/

About the photos- if you have paint or something like it on your computer, you can change the size of the images there. There's probably an easier way, but oh well. It's not so bad if you don't have a lot to upload at one time.

Also I love your signature.

Sea Specter
09-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Aw, thanks guys
ShyMer: I've been dolphin-kicking around for awhile, just scared of the differences - my mom freaked me out cause she says I'm not a good swimmer, but she's barely seen me swim since I was about 8 xD
I've been using Gimp, it just takes forever @.@
Here's another one though :D

I think I'll probably eventually put some more fins on there :} probably on the back and the fluke to make it flowier

Lois
10-31-2012, 09:31 AM
I love the shape of the fluke I want one like that shape but no one makes them like that :(

MerAnthony
10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Very pretty. I like the way the fabric shines.

Mermaid Saphira
10-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Both tails are so beautiful! And I just LOVE your home made monofins shape. I'm a sucker for dolphin shape lol ;) What monofin is your friend using?