PDA

View Full Version : ~Mermaid in need of help~

Morticia Mermaid
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't normally ask for help )I'm kind of stubborn like that), and this is probably going to sound really bad, but I am really in need of someones, or multiple someones, help. I'm sure most of you have heard by now that I am a new tail-maker. I am going to be launching my Kickstarter funding project this week. MY problem that I need help with, I don't have any photos of actual completed work right now. I am half way through with a tail for a friend, but I am still waiting for a few supplies to come in that probably wont be in till next week or later.

I guess what I am saying, or more along the lines of asking, is that I find myself in need of an image or 2 of someone in their tail, possibly above and below water. In this I will have an example to show on my project page what it is that I am going to be making. I have drawings and images of designs that I have made that I will also be putting up on the project page. I will be more than happy to list all proper ownerships- tail owner/creator, photographer, model, etc.

If you guys could give me a hand, I would GREATLY appreciate it. And I would be more than happy to work out a gift in return for the use of your photo. I currently have some simple mermaid jewelry that I would be willing to part with in exchange, or once I get my funding, I would be more than happy to create you a tail in my own design style.

(And admins, if I put this in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it, or let me know and I can move it :))

Without having photos of my work, and with all the scam site activity we seem to have had lately, I understand if a lot of you don't trust me (specially since I am new to the site/mer-community, and that most of you don't know me). If no one feels comfortable lending a photo or two, that's fine. I can do my best to manage with the designs I have drawn up. I know it takes a lot to earn peoples trust. But, hopefully I can before too long.

Mermaid Celissa
09-06-2012, 07:38 AM

Although my face looks ridiculous, would this work?

Mermaid Fenicia
09-06-2012, 08:11 AM
You can use any of my pics or pics of my dolls ;) http://mernetwork.com/index/album.php?u=986 <= my gallery ;)

Morticia Mermaid
09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks you guys. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use a photo. I had spoken with Raina about her tail, and she said it would be best to talk with Raven since she made the tail. When speaking with Raven, she decided it wouldn't be a good idea because it was thought it might confuse her customers and my possible customers as well. Which is completely understandable and I can see why she would say that. Sine her tails are silicone, confusion might not be the case with a photo of a cloth tail. I'll let you guys know what I decide. I want to make sure I do this right so that I am not confusing anyone by using a photo of a tail that someone else made.

Mermaid Arianna
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I have an old blue tail with a mermaid monofin, I could take some pics of it

Mermaid Celissa
09-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Mine is a Magictail, do you want me to ask for permission?

Mermaid Saphira
09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I have a The2Tails blue mermaid tail, you could use that if you want to just let me know and I can get yo some pics ;)

Morticia Mermaid
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping that my merfin comes in tomorrow. I had to move back the launch date until this coming friday, so hopefully I can have photos and video of mine up on it

Mermaid Saphira
09-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Pictures and videos of your own would make it that much more authentic ;)

Morticia Mermaid
09-09-2012, 09:35 PM
It would. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about potentially confusing people, because it would be something I created... and also me in the photos and video :)

Kanti
09-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd make sure to just mention that the pictures are EXAMPLES of what you plan on doing rather
than claim them as your own works or not mention anything at all.
That way there will be no confusion and people won't think you made someone's tail etc.

Morticia Mermaid
09-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Thats what I was planning on doing. But I think I'm just going to wait to launch my kickstarter till I can finish my tail, or at least get is swim worthy. I can always add the sequins later :)