PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hey everyone!

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-06-2012, 03:53 AM
My mer name is Brooke. I have recently gotten serious about my lifelong dream of swimming with the denizens of the deep. As a child, I wore out three Vhs of Disney's most famous mer. When my family moved south to a small town called Cleremont, I was ecstatic. My mother worked as a housekeeper at the Resorts for Disney and as an employee, we frequently got free tickets. I swear, those Ariel performers knew me by sight. When I got a year or two older, my love for all things aquatic became centered on my love for Discovery Cove. I wanted to work with the manatees. Their noses were just so cute and wrinkly, like a chinese sharpei. It wasn't to be. We moved back to our old home town and I have lived here ever since. In the years since, I have grown a little and learned a lot. Hehehe. As the mother to two frisky children, and the soon to be wife of a very viking Peter Griffin, a woman has to learn quick. My local river, the Shenandoah has been a calm retreat on those rough days. I recently ran across a mermaid tail maker and thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be wonderful if I can make children happy AND get myself out of the house for a bit, as a mermaid?" Thus the dream lives on in the heart of a woman who is not quite ready to grow up. Hope to share more soon, hehehe. I'm sure that I have written quite a novel. Brooke.

ShyMer
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Hello Brooke! I'm glad you found the forum!

Morticia Mermaid
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome Brooke. Glad you found the network :)

AniaR
09-06-2012, 10:36 AM
welcome to the forum :) I know you'll enjoy it here! <3

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Hopefully I won't make a pest of myself as I learn more about the performance art that is Mermaiding. ^…^

Talia
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Welcome :)

Sea Pearl
09-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork!

Lyna
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Welcome Brooke! Have you acquired this tail of yours yet?

Mermaid Annariea
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
welcome, brooke :D that was worded awesomely!

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Not yet. I'm still saving my pennies. Working on getting an etsy shop set up so I can fundraise for my first one. Not sure what all I could make but I'll dust off my crochet hooks and see what happens. :3

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-10-2012, 02:57 AM
And thanks again for the wonderful welcome. ^...^