PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof makeup?

Blaze
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
So I've long been on the hunt for a really good waterproof liquid eyeliner; I am a total sap and cry at the drop of a hat really and therefore mess my makeup up often. Now add the swimming aspect to it and I rally need something!

I recently purchased a whole bunch of 'Makeup Forever' products upon the recommendation of a friend as well as their claims to be what water performers use. I ended up trotting right back to the store yesterday to return all of it as within a few minutes of being in the pool on Sunday all that remained was a few rolling off spots of the eyeliner & some clumps of mascara. :(

Any suggestions on what to use? Definitely want black liquid eyeliner and a good mascara but would also like some good eyeshadow and foundation as well as red lipstick (brick color rather than the blue/pink shades).

CoralMoonMermaid
08-02-2011, 02:13 PM
your not going to find eye shadows that are waterproof, really your not going to find any makeup that going to be "water proof" only because most makeup is water base makeup and it will brake down and come off...
I can do some looking around (if I come up with something it might not be something I have used before, I'm a make up artist, so no 100% on the "water proof") and give you a few sources to come up with, I have used some of Makeup Forever's liners and mascaras and the weren't to bad, but you stated you didn't get results.

I do know this for your lips....you can use a lip stain to get them red, they might not be big, shinny and plump like always when you have on lipstick, but it will not come off in the water...

You can also try looking at some genaric store stuff that says "water proof" I know some of that stuff is a b**** to get off with just water... just a suggestion...But I will poke around...

CoralMoonMermaid
08-02-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C21299

http://search.ulta.com/cosmetics/Waterproof%20Makeup

Also quick question, when you got the Makeup Forever makeup...(that sounds redundant) Was it that Aqua line????

Blaze
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes it was the aqua line.

BTW, please don't take this as rude but I'm looking for specific recommendations from people who have found something that works rather than 'maybe this will work' or 'you aren't going to find anything'. I've already tried sooo many things and I would rather not waste money without a known success. I have done as much research as I can before asking for help on here (as I try to do before asking for suggestions in general) already.

Having been a stage performer pretty much all my life as well as having a mother who was an esthetician I'm very familiar with all the 'normal' stuff as well as some of the higher level makeup too but just haven't had that good of luck yet.

CoralMoonMermaid
08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
No I can understand your not being rude.
Well I hope you find something... Good luck

Blaze
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
No I can understand your not being rude.
Well I hope you find something... Good luck

Thanks. :D It's actually an ongoing joke with close friends; I sometime asks for help with something on FB and the responses I get from the outer circle of friends... *facepalm* So yeah. Not to mention I'm still waiting for the $150+ credit from the makeup forever return to show up in my account. ugh. :p

CoralMoonMermaid
08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah Makeup Forever is not cheep I tell ya... You should get it by tomorrow... it takes about 2 business days...
But I do sometimes find that if my friends dont know an answers for something but another friend does.... I sometimes will try it it only expands your resoces a little further... but I guess thats just how I have gotten a lot of my answers... I dont trust hair dieing tips anymore though....not after it was died bright sea green blue... hahaha

MermaidSaku
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
To tell the truth i am a goth girl and a mermaid in the freaking Texas LOOL.
I can't live without super strong eyeliner.
Believe me it was hard for me to find super dark black eyeliner that wouldn't come off with my sweat or rain too,but i did.
I use Milani black liquid eyeliner. It is amazing!!!! This eyeliner doesn't move at all once it is put on. Here is what it looks like.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/Sakurako_10/0442.jpg

There is one catch though...their is always a catch.
Yes, it is waterproof and works amazing out of water as in sweat or rain but, if you are going to be swimming for hours in a pool or something the chlorine will take it off and you will be swimming without eyeliner the whole time.
Of Course if your just doing a Photoshoot it should be fine for only a few short minutes.

Blaze
08-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks Saku, I will try it for no-pool involved events. Hoping to find a good under water one though!

Mermaid Sirena
08-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I've swum with Alasea (https://www.facebook.com/bluemermaidgirl) (I bet you could ask her) several times and her eye shadow always stays on really really well! (Even after 3+ hours of swimming) she uses normal powder I think but uses Rag Doll eye primer (http://ragdollcosmetics.com/prime-time/) (I think I'm remembering the brand correctly) first and it's what causes the shadow to stay so well. As for lip colors I have a few idea's but I wont mention until I've confirmed it myself.

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
MUFE gets lots of rave reviews among makeup addicts, but I've only tried one of their products, an eyeliner, and I took that sucker back because I hated it. Still, I am interested to try some of their other stuff; it's just too expensive. But I'm getting off topic. I have a great recommendation for you! Mac's fluidline eyeliners, which are gel eyeliners you apply with a brush, are the BOMB. They look like a liquid but I find them easier to apply, and I always joke that they'd last through the apocalypse. I am a crybaby and I also have allergy eyes that water like crazy, and they last through that. I also swim with it on in the pool--as does my mom--and it doesn't come off. I'd really recommend that stuff; I'm a big fan. I don't know about mascaras or lipsticks though, sorry. :( I am still looking for that perfect waterproof mascara myself.

HBMermaid_Angela
08-04-2011, 09:06 PM
ROXY has just teamed up with a company to make waterproof makeup. www.roxy.com

I haven't really checked it out as I don't see the point of wearing makeup while I surf and normally swim. But when my tail comes in I may have to look into it

HBMermaid_Angela
08-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I just checked... www.roxy.com
Click the link for Accessories and then click on Make up in the left side....hope it helps

ArielStar
08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
My own testing (in the shower) proved that Urban Decay and Too Faced primers were outlasted by eye drops. Eye drops!
Before I bought either primer, I was mixing Sugarpill's loose eyeshadows with eye drop solution. I thought that it was a cheap method and moved on, but after a test, it proved to be better than the new primers I bought!
I was unable to get good pictures because of lighting and sparkles-not-showing-up-on-camera difficulties, but test it for yourself!
Making your favorite makeup waterproof or buying waterproof products is all about trial and error, and one product that works for someone else may not work for you.
Good luck!

(It could just be the eye drops mixing with the shadow that stayed put. I was using Goldilux by Sugarpill(sugarpill.com) and it could just be the formula. It stayed on through a shower and for many hours before and after.)

Sofi
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Went out and bought Mufe and Mac today. I also suffer from allergies that make my eyes water, I generally don't wear make up because I get raccoon eyes in 10 minutes :/ I liked Mac more at first because it went on darker, but it only took an hour to see that Mufe lasted while Mac didn't. I haven't done any pool testing yet, but thank you to all the people who brought up these brands! Now I have eyeliner to wear just on a daily basis, and Im excited for that @_@ I will wear them both to bed and wash my face, if something interesting happens I will mention it it tomorrow.

Next, Im going for waterproof lipstick.

Mermaid Jewel
10-04-2011, 12:16 AM
For lipstick, get a lip stain. Revlon's ColorStay Lip Stain is supposed be really good. It's the one they recommend (I think) at my dance studio for performances. I have a different one but honestly, lip stains are the best especially for water (and sweating!). I mean, my lips are usually still red the next day xD

Winged Mermaid
10-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry the Makeup Forever didn't work out for you :( The awesome thing about Sephora is you can return anything for any reason, so at least you didn't waste money!
I actually had sucess with Makeup Forever. I wore it to the World Mermaid Awards and the VIP Pool Party where I was swimming for hours, and the eye liner (pencil, not liquid) and mascara stayed put! Also I wear Makeup Forever under eye concealer (with a silicone based primer, aka "wrinkle filler") and that stayed put as well!

In my experience Covergirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor stays on in the water well. I've found that it can come of in patches if you rub it with medium-hard pressure (sometimes this happens when eating). Also keep in mind that what makes the color stick to your lips also dries them out a bit. Usually the gloss that comes with it fixes this and keeps any from rubbing off if you rub your lips together, but in water it doesn't stay put, so keep that in mind.

On the other hand, I've heard Covergirl lip stains are horrid.

Mermaid Jewel
10-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Well...lip stains still need to be blotted off :) Mine still comes off on everything I eat though (I have Avon, it's almost more like lipstick)

Artisankatie
11-16-2011, 06:46 AM
I've had a pretty good run with Covergirl's Exact Eyelights eyeliner crayon (the purpley one for green eyes), it can be smudged around when it's first applied but after a while it doesn't move at all, enduring vigorous salt water eye scrubbing. I smudged it a bit to use it as eyeshadow as well, it worked pretty well.

Mermaid Alicia
01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Ben Nye Matte Makeup sealer works wonders. I use it in my underwater shoots and the shadow stays on miraculously, and with the same high pigmentation (if you used an eyeshadow primer, that is).

Skip to the end for the sealer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlYrCXhP0xA&feature=context&context=G2a9cb bcAUAAAAAAAAAA

Mermaid Shelly
01-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Whatever you are using Alicia, it works wonders! I remember my makeup lasted all night during MerCon and it was amazing! You inspired me to seek some out also, but I found an Urban Decay (somewhat) equivalent but I think yours is best!!

AniaR
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM
mermaid minerals has a waterproof sealer that I want soooo bad

Mermaid Sirena
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
They do? I might have to invest in some eventually.

Mermaid Saphira
01-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Maybe, to make this easier, we should come up with a list of all the suppliers that sell water-proof makeup and sealers :)

Gem Stone
02-01-2012, 09:15 PM
i found a store in florida that sold color changing lip stick and that stuff will stay on throughout a nuclear war. it isant a popular brand or anything, they sold it for 50 cents, but that stuff is good. im sorry i can't tell you anymore about it, it had a bunch of flowers on the side and no label. i have also found a pretty good water proof mascara but i have to go find it to see the label and ill tell you later. when you put on powder foundation over your eyes and then out on eye shadow that works for me. i don't wear eye liner so i cant help you there. you know, now that im re reading my post, it doesn't give much information or help. im sorry

Sea Pearl
02-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Scarlet Rose, I used to use a really good waterproof mascara a couple of years ago by Maybelline. I rememeber it was in a white and black tube and also worked for making your eyelashes appear longer. I used it when I was back in England but I know you can get it over here too, I've seen it in the shops. I cannot remember the exact name of it but can look it up and post it later. Hope that's some help!

-Annwyn-
02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I swear by Rimmel Waterproof Mascara. And I will usually use a stain on my cheeks and lips as opposed to powders.

Mermaid~Emi
03-23-2012, 05:04 PM
My mom works as a Spa consultant and works for Beauti Control, they have this really nice water proof mascara that i have personally tried and loved. here is their website http://shop.beauticontrol.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10551&catalogId=10551&top=Y&categoryId=49604 as for other water proof makeup, they don't have any but knowing them they will come out with some sooner or later =3

@Gem Stone: I know about the lipstick you are talking about! I don't know the name of it either but my grand-ma had bought some at a garage sale once and that stuff would last through a nuclear war, i remember scrubbing my lips alot using lip scrubs just to get it off lol XD

Mermaid Sirena
03-26-2012, 12:33 AM
This seems like the right place to post this, I have found the most amazing waterproof make up in my life. Mary Kay, I got some of their Lash Love Mascara and an eye liner / eye shadow combination stick. As a test I put them on for my new tail in use photos, two and half hours later of constant swimming and the make up was still exactly where I had put it. No running, no smudging or smearing, and best of all I still looked and felt pretty. + the mascara made my eye lashes look like super sexy eyelash model lashes like on the TV commercials. Just thought I would share :D

Spindrift
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
This might be a long shot, but I would be very interested in knowing if there is any makeup suitable for underwater use that is also eco-friendly/no synthetic chemicals. :| Just thinking of the fishes.

Mermaid Dottie
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Great lip idea: I found these food coloring brushes. they're these marker-type things. anyway, apply the color to your lips, let dry, and the cover with a real thick, sticky lipgloss. stays for days, almost.

Claudefish
04-02-2012, 02:15 AM
hmm... at Mercon I had My eyebrows powdered, and I had my eyes lined... Call me a boy, but I just wet my brushes with my tongue and then rub them in my black shadow, then I apply it... I swam for hours during the pool party, and my makeup was all still there! I wonder if I should bottle my saliva and sell it? It makes a wonderful waterproof base!! but in all seriousness, I am so glad to see people posting on this subjuct, as I have often wanted to do some cool stuff regarding eyeshadow... particularly black and blue to make my eyes pop!

Vicky Mermaid
04-02-2012, 03:24 AM
I use stage make-up by Kryolan. and a regular waterproof eyeliner by Mabeline. This works perfect for me. Ofcourse you have to do touch-ups every now and then, but not that much

Kanti
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Seems like waterproof makeup would be so difficult x_x
I just have a super bad habit of rubbing my eyes when I'm out of the water
I'd be so afraid that I'd just rub it all off in the middle of a photoshoot xD

I guess that's why I prefer facial scales xD

Sea Pearl
04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
I use Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara which is now waterproof. And works very well! Has anyone ever come across any make of blush that can withstand underwater use well?

leeloo
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I tried out the Milani Infinite liquid liner because I had bought some a while ago but rarely used it. It worked amazingly well in the pool! I only swam for maybe an hour, but it did not run, smudge, or move at all. When I took a shower afterwords my face wash barely even took it off! I had to scrub it off with a face wipe. But I am a little bummed because I found out it contains palm oil, which is often not sourced very responsibly. One big issue is orangutang are losing their habitats and even killed from the vast clearing of land to grow palm. I am vegan so I also look for make-up with no animal ingredients or animal testing. Milani does not do animal testing and I'm pretty sure this liner is vegan except certain shades I think contain carmine (crushed insects). I was thinking about trying Urban Decay's 24/7 waterproof liquid liner, many of their shades are vegan.

Mermaid Saphira
06-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Target carries a wonderful, inexpensive brand called elf. I really like their products. They carrier waterproof makeup :)
Her is their website... http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

Sea Pearl
06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is any kind of waterproof base makeup like foundation?

Raayvhen
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
A little late, but on the eyeliner front I definitely recommend Stila's Smudgestick waterproof liner. I have had such good results with it!

Mermaid Fenicia
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
What I use is just a cheap waterproof liquid eyliner and mascara. And to keep the (cheap) powder on my eyelids I use a primer that I made myself. I use about half waterproof sun-protector and half light colored foundation. ;) First I apply the primer on 1 eye and then, before it's set, I apply the powders. Then I do the other eye.

Lyna
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Omg I had forgotten all about eye drops! I grew up learning makeup from the best...drag queens. But their methods are cheap: eye drops, covergirl, and hair spray. I have long upgraded to Mac mixing medium, a plethura of outrageously priced (for obvious reasons) pigments, and ben nye sealer. Totally going to go back to the eye drops my next time out in the water...even if it doesn't work...it'll save me $ in product that wasn't going to stay anyway. :)

NikkiNeptune
08-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I haven't read through this entire thread, but I'll tell you what works best for me! All this stuff stays on FLAWLESSLY while swimming, for at least an hour...if you are not touching/rubbing your face, just swimming. It is very difficult to get off when you want to get it off. You have GOT to use oil based makeup removers...the little makeup remover towelettes don't do jack squat.

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear
Eyeliner: MAC LiquidLast in Point Black...but for the inside of the waterline: MAC Graphblack technakohl pencil (Black) or Napoleon Perdis China Doll Gel eyeliner in Alabaster (White).
Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof
Lipstick: MAC Pro Long Wear in Lasting Lust (with the attached gloss over top to seal it), or a MAC pro long wear lip pencil with a stain over top.
Brows: MAC Paint Pots
Eyeshadows: MAC Paint Pots
Blush: Same stain as your lips
False lashes: I haven't found a way to get false lashes to stay on for a long, long time, but if you take the Liquid Last eyeliner and paint it heavily across the base of the eyelashes once they're on, it will help the lashes stay on longer than just the eyelash glue by itself.

I have heard Kryolan makes awesome waterproof makeup but haven't tried it yet...it's a line called Aqua Proof:

http://www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?mnu=3&cid=109

This is one of my favorite makeup artists on YouTube, and he has a lot to say about waterproof makeup. He likes MUFE for waterproof stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m3QeaybBo

I just found out about this stuff from Illamasqua called Sealing Gel...it has amazing reviews...it's my guess you can apply it over your eyelids, brows and lips after you are finished with your makeup so that it becomes waterproof. I don't think it would be a good idea to paint all over your face though.

AniaR
08-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Ive never had a problem with makeup forever, it always stays on so im wondering if you didnt apply it correctly? there's different types of it

Now I just use mermaid minerals with a sealer over top and works better than anything. All my shots people ask about, it's mermaid minerals.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/482040_441864202514995_1769761209_n.jpg

Mermaid Fenicia
08-10-2012, 02:56 AM
I have heard Kryolan makes awesome waterproof makeup but haven't tried it yet...it's a line called Aqua Proof:

http://www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?mnu=3&cid=109
This link is to aqua-color, that is paint-make-up on waterbase. I use this for face-painting on children as it just washes of with some water (and soap). ;)

LittleTreasure
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi! I just wanted to say that I read through this thread and tried the eye drops method....WOW. It actually worked pretty well! Most of the time, when I put on makeup, it immediately runs off in the water. Now I wasn't swimming long, but with the eye drops, my normal makeup had some staying power.

Here's my before (winged eyeliner, shiny eyeshadow, some base under the eyes - all put on with eye drops mixed in. Didn't hurt to walk through a spritz of hairspray either.):
5211 5212

And after:
5213 5214

So thanks for the tip! I'll definitely use this next time I want to feel pretty in the water. :)

MermaidAliyah
08-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Personally I like wet and wilds liquid eyeliner. I've never tried it in the water, but it's hard as crap to get off! I'll try it and tell you guys

Sam
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Cannon Ball mascara by Urban Decay is the best! It stays on underwater and is a good mascara too. I feel like some waterproof mascaras have junk brushes, this one doesn't.

Mizuko
11-06-2012, 09:46 PM
I love Japanese fashion and makeup, and let me tell you they have some of the most waterproof stuff around *_*
For mascara I'd recommend Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara, I go swimming in it all the time- I can rub my eyes and no black smudges!! It does come off eventually in the water, though, but in tiny tiny balls after a few hours. To actually get it all off you need a super-dooper makeup remover. XD

Merrow Fair Isle
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I use Dermablend leg and body cover on my face as foundation for swimming. Stays put for me. They also have a cover cream that is thicker, but its too much coverage for me. Feels a bit "waxy". I set mine with regular old baby powder...adds slight shimmer as a bonus. I follw the directions on the tube...just apply then let it dry for about 3 minutes before using the powder to set it.

I typically use a highly pigmented blush and apply it with a wet sponge...it acts like a stain. I have not experimented with eyeliners as of yet, and I have very thin eyelashes so use falsies if I want thicker/darker. Mascara for me just doesn't work , drawing attention to the fact that my lashes are so fine.The Bill Nye waterproof fixative is great for adding longevity, and there is a brand they sell at Sally beauty supply that works similarly, but I forget the name.

Mermaid Jewel
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
I use the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner and I went on a cruise, swam, went through a rainstorm, and it was pretty good! Though really the issue is that the rainstorm (and sweating in dance) makes it smudge underneath. I think if you were swimming and not constantly being battered by water dripping down your face, you should be fine.

Elle
11-21-2012, 09:28 PM
I wanna try Mayberlline color tattoo.

http://youtu.be/GTiJ_RvIrlg

Mermaidmechanic
02-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I haven't read through this entire thread but here is my suggestion: I love costuming and I frequently do events where I'll be in costume for an extended period of time in water, rain, or where its really hot and sweat cannot be avoided. I like to mix mineral (or any powder in a pinch) eye shadow with a touch of mineral oil and spread it on like a cream. It stays well as far as water proofing goes, but it smears pretty easily.

MermaidFyre
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I know Mermaid Minerals makes a clear eyeliner (you can pick up eyeshadow with it to make different colored eyeliners), and I've heard such good things about it that I bought some myself! They also make some waterproof mascara that other mermaids used, so you might want to check them out.

Mermaid Pickles
03-25-2013, 12:50 AM
I go swimming a lot, and I'm no professional mer, but the maybelline eyestudio gel liner that comes in a little glass jar thing works really well for me. (I only ever do pools). Also, recently I bought some Stila liquid waterproof eyeliner. I can DEFINITELY say that it does NOT go anywhere. I did a test swirl design on my hand and went to work with it there. Now, I work at a daycare, and I pretty much wash my hand every ten minutes. That swirly lasted through work, the shower, another day of work, and STILL took tons of makeup remover to get off. That eyeliner is what I'm going to be using all summer. They have a bunch of colors, too. I got the blue for cosplay, but I'll probably use it for mermaiding now. I'd definitely recommend the Stila waterproof liquid eyeliner.

Gem Stone
05-18-2013, 02:08 AM
has anyone tried those little glitter tattoo things from the tv? they stay on for a few days and are water proof, and you don't need to follow the stencils, just use the brush to draw a design and follow the instructions from there. I wouldn't use this as eye makeup exactly, but as extra designs or body art or scales or something, it would work fine. I drew on gold scales on myself earlier today just to make sure it would work with any glitter. which it does.

MerMarla
05-18-2013, 02:54 AM
WOW lots of ideas and sources for waterproof makeup, I love it, but anyone got a great, but gentle remover? As easy as these products go on, it should come off as easy, too! Any recommendations out there?

MerMarla
05-18-2013, 02:59 AM
has anyone tried those little glitter tattoo things from the tv?

I haven't seen these advertised... do you have the manufacturer or website/link for the product? Is it available in a store? What is the name of it? Thanks in advance!

Gem Stone
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
https://www.shimmerbodyart.com/?mid=3305288

Marilla
05-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Y'all might think I am crazy, and you might be right, but here are the two unlikely things I have used as liner, a fine tipped sharpie (amazing!) and black acrylic paint applied with a fine brush, water line is uncolored but the look is amazing, I also primed my lids with vasiline (petroleum jelly) and that held my eyeshadow in place pretty nicely. The last time I tried this was for high school pool parties, but I think it could help the daring mer. :).

XOXO ~ Marilla Mermaid

MerMarla
05-22-2013, 01:53 AM
https://www.shimmerbodyart.com/?mid=3305288

Thanks Gem Stone!

Mermaid Kalliope
05-22-2013, 04:56 AM
Don't know if anyone has said this specifically-

I use Ben Nye cream make up as a base for where ever I'll be putting colour. The colour of the cream depends on the out come I want... (I do A LOT of experimenting on my arm) then, I add a POWDER, not pressed, loose powder on top of that. I have swam and showered in it. I have to SCRUB it off and it still kind of stains.

As for my loose powders, I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEMica Bella. I have no idea where they sell it other than little mall stalls here in California. :-( But their pigments are made out of mica stone and are super vibrant and shimmery. The purple I have is actually iridescent and has blue hues in it.

For lips - I do the same thing as the shadow, I make my own colours and they last HOURS.

I use Maybelline Super Stay 24HR foundation and quickly apply blush before it dries and that'll stay too.

For eyeliner I use Hip by... cover girl? But it seems like it's the same as the MAC and MUFE eye-liners. It's a waterproof gel.

And Mascara - Any Maybelline waterproof mascara will work wonderfully! Take it off with vaseline if you're too worried.

Aaaaaaaaand that's about it, I think. :D

Mermaid Dottie
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Okay, weird trick I figured out over faire.
The one day I didn't do this, I looked awful and burnt like a lobster.
Liquid foundation + sunblock with powder on top. Holy cow!
stayed ALL day. hours of in and out of the pool. My tail got more damage than my skin.

Mermaid Pickles
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I may have to try that. Hm.

Mermaid Kalliope
05-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Did you mix them before applying? Or just put on sunblock then put on foundation?

Mermaid Lilium
06-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Ok so I've actually been doing some crazy amounts of makeup testing which includes swatches and photos on my instagram ( http://www.instagram.com/katherinearnold ) so far the best products I have found for my skin are....

Foundations:
Stargazer pro liquid foundation (srs it stayed through a hot shower and for fellow pale-mers, it comes in a super light PINK tone :D)
I'd also recommend lancome teint idole 24h foundation. Didn't budge through a long hot shower and a full night's sleep!

eyeshadows:
maybelline 24h colour tattoo - I know these have mixed reviews but if you use a decent brush and blend it well and perhaps even seal it with powder eyeshadow before it sets, it will not budge unless you rub your eyes raw or use an oil based eye makeup remover. (it also works really well as a glue for loose glitter)

eyeshadow/liner:
don't forget you can use liner/pencil to cover the whole lid if you blend it out.
- urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil (some ghosting after a long hot shower and did slide a tiny bit after wearing all day but for a few hours in a pool it will NOT move if you resist rubbing your eyes)
- I also just got the liquid liner from the same range and that doesn't budge unless you rub at it.

mascara:

I actually tried urban decay cannonball and it flakes like mad from water or just wearing through the day normally, would not recommend!
what I would recommend is Max Factor's masterpiece waterproof hd mascara - after a long hot shower it came off some of my bottom lashes but nothing bad and I didn't have flakes sitting on my cheeks.

Brows:
cheap crappy uk range but it worked.... laval pearl eye shader (pencil) with a coat of their clear mascara. I think it would last through a hurricane 0.o

lips:
most high pigment/long last lipsticks will work if you don't rub them but the best I found was a max factor lipfinity lipstick. Unless you scrub your skin raw it won't come off - it does crack a little so make sure you stretch the lip while you put the colour on. The lip balm it comes with works well but I'd probably suggest trying something like carmex or burts bees wax based balm instead which should last longer than the balm.

false lashes... not got to these yet but I've read that you need to use real hair ones because synthetic ones will loose their shape

If you're interested then please follow my instagram cause I'll keep posting reviews for waterproof makeup but I will post round-ups here now and then =)

edit: oh btw I also found this cute site http://www.shelllipbalm.co.uk/ how adorable are these?! :D

Mermaid Kalliope
06-11-2013, 03:06 AM
All of that sounds great! Personally, I wouldn't recommend the 24h Tattoo... :-/ Not compared next to Ben Nye, the colours were just so bland in comparison.

Question for the foundation - I'm a pale mer, but pink just makes my skin look ugh... I'm not a "pink" tone, I'm using Loreal true match right now, but I have NO idea how it is for water. Haven't tested it. I'm assuming it isn't great, but I really don't know. Haha I will test that soon and let you guys know.

Mermaid Lilium
06-12-2013, 04:41 AM
All of that sounds great! Personally, I wouldn't recommend the 24h Tattoo... :-/ Not compared next to Ben Nye, the colours were just so bland in comparison.

Question for the foundation - I'm a pale mer, but pink just makes my skin look ugh... I'm not a "pink" tone, I'm using Loreal true match right now, but I have NO idea how it is for water. Haven't tested it. I'm assuming it isn't great, but I really don't know. Haha I will test that soon and let you guys know.

Sounds like you're pale with a yellow tone - I seriously suggest the lancome teint idole 24h foundation - the palest ones are too yellow for me but they are light! It's the darkest one in this swatch photo (bottom left photo of my arm, you can see the darker band) and it didn't budge at all after a long hot shower and then sleeping with it:

Lyna
06-12-2013, 10:28 AM
A few suggestions...they may have been posted already, but I honestly don't have time to go through this entire thread. 1. mermaid minerals. they have a clear liner that can turn any of their eyeshadows into liner. pretty cool. 2. no mascara is waterproof. I don't care what the label says. more recently I have found an eyelash STAIN by hard candy, that you can get at your local walmart. it's not going to thicken and lengthen your lashes like some mascaras, but it lasts 1-4 days and it fades gently and does not run. I have swam and shower tested it, and it's true. only lasts one day for me, but i'm in water quite often . 3. you can try the Vaseline trick for your eyemakeup...but even with the makeup I do, I haven't found this to work. it is extremely messy and didn't hold up to water at all 4. try mac mixing medium or kryolan cake line sealer (with cake liner as shadows if you like) and ben Nye sealer. I always suggest loose pigments over shadows no matter what route you go. and spend the money for good products. I cant stress this enough. if you want good results...you cant skimp out on the good stuff. itll hold up and last. don't be afraid of paying 15$ a color (I have over 75 of them...) I guarantee each of those colors will last you a year even on daily use. happy swimming

angelstarfish
07-26-2013, 12:13 AM
check out this site:

http://www.mermaidminerals.com/

Mermaid Lilium
08-11-2013, 06:51 AM
ok so new finds:

a UK brand here (sorry!) called 'seventeen' which is sold in Boots, they make a liquid liner called 'tattoo me' it does not budge, is easy to apply and is a nice thick, true black

and I now swear by maybeline NY 'super stay 24 color' lip colour - I now have it in two shades and it can and will last for DAYS.

In about a week my american mom (mum in law) is coming to visit and is bringing me a huge haul of makeup so expect a surge of makeup reviews on my instagram XD I'll let you guys know the results as and when I find good mer-make-up =)

(EDIT: If people are wanting the tattoo me liner and can't find it online anywhere I'd be up for mailing it to you as long as you pay me the money for the liner and shipping - they're only little tubes so postage should be minimal! They cost about £7/8 I think)

Mermaid Dottie
08-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Did you mix them before applying? Or just put on sunblock then put on foundation?
Whoops sorry that took so long! I mixed the foundation and sunblock together, and then put the powder on top. Worked like a second skin to keep the sun off.

Mermaidmechanic
08-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Tried some new makeup I bought today. It lasted through an hour and a half of rough swimming and a hot shower... still on! I put some little lines on the top to see how well details would hold up. Heres the genius part: eyelash glue. It makes glitter stick to your face forever and I'm sure it'll work for little gems too. :)

before swim:
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x390/larpphotos/2013-08-26_16-05-54_355.jpg (http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/larpphotos/media/2013-08-26_16-05-54_355.jpg.html)

after swim:
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x390/larpphotos/2013-08-26_17-47-36_877.jpg (http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/larpphotos/media/2013-08-26_17-47-36_877.jpg.html)

Blaze
09-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Had anyone had eyelash extensions and swam for long periods with them?

Also going shopping for some of the suggestions in here this weekend! :D

littlettol
09-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Hi, I happened to see this, and can suggest a few items I use and personally like. I hope it's useful to everyone :)

For foundation, my cousin swear by Tarte. According to her, the Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturiser is HG, and she swam with jellyfish in Palau with the foundation on. Myself, I use mostly mineral foundation from Meow Cosmetics, over Fyrinnae primer. Unfortunately, I think Fyrinnae no longer stocks the primer, so I'll have to find something to plaster my face in now. :/

As for eyes, I use Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy when I'm using glitter and loose shadows (I'm big on shiny, glittery loose shadows!). Fyrinnae's PE is good because it isn't exactly a primer -- more like "glue" for lack of better word.

I'm still experimenting with liners and mascara, but I find that the Japanese make mascara and liners tend to hold up better in water. They are a pain to remove though. Heroine Make is a Japanese line that targets only waterproof eye products and reviews are good. I have not tried it yet however, because I can't justify paying almost 30USD a tube of mascara. :/

Lip stains, as mentioned, are good for colour. I like those, but I also love the lip lustre from Fyrinnae. Those stuff stains like crazy and are so pigmented, they are a nightmare to remove. However, the texture out of the tube is runny at first, so you will have to blot the excess before entering water.

Mermaid Lilium
09-30-2013, 05:53 AM
So I tested some eyeshadow primers/sealers from the haul from my mom-in-law's visit and didn't get round to sharing my review on here yet cause all hell broke loose at home shortly after SO anyways....

I tested

Illamasqua Sealing Gel

Lime Crime Eyeshadow Primer

and Make Up Forever Aqua Seal.

In the same test, I also tested a bunch of eyeliners and a few lip products. (see below in the caption for a full breakdown)

This is the caption I wrote for the picture at the time (minus a few hashtags :P):

"Oooomahgawd so many products here haha ok so firstly:

- Seventeen's 'tattoo me' liner is the clear winner here.

I watched the products deal with hot water, then direct flow pummelling it, then gentle touch/friction tests to all out rubbing at it under water flow. You see the end results at the bottom here.

- Turns out that Limecrime's 'velvetines' lipstick is actually extremely waterproof.

- Next review is Make Up Forever's aqua liner... held up until the rubbing at the end where it rolled/flaked off. Didnt fade or budge until then.
- Their aqua lip colour (similar results to the superstay 24h color lipstick) held up til the same point.

- I tested my trusty #apocalips and it held up until the touch test which showed it had melted somewhat and would move or smudge easily.

- I wont even comment on how NOT waterproof the #bourjois clubbing liner was.

Instead I will move on to my test of eyeshadow fixers/helpers that claim to waterproof your eye makeup.

- The letters stand for #illamasqua seal gel which wasn't that great - it started flaking off right from the start.

- The next letter is #limecrime eyeshadow helper - a little better but still flaked after a bit wherever there were lumps of pigment etc it also didn't hold up to the touch/rubbing as well as the final one...

- which was makeupforever aqua seal. This didn't flake and only faded very slowly, and mostly only after the touch/rubbing test."

Since doing this test I have been using MUFE aqua liner just because once I was actually using the tattoo me liner from seventeen, it's a s.o.b to apply - I suggest using a separate brush for applying it, not the one in the cap. The MUFE aqua liner is just SO bloody easy to apply and lasts really well with water as long as you don't rub your eyes, that it's the clear winner. But seriously, if you can master the application, Seventeen's 'tattoo me' liner... you could rub your eyes as muuuch as you want and it aint budging!

What I found in general with the eyeshadow sealers was that 1) don't expect them to be infallible if you start rubbbing your eyes and 2) there wasn't much difference between the results from lime crime's eyeshadow primer once any clumps had flaked off, and the aqua seal. But I was so impressed by the aqua seal in general that I really would reccommend it. The photo doesn't do justice to it, it stayed deep black until right at the end when I reeeaaaallly started scrubbing at it.

also note that this test is hot water, not salt water or chlorinated pool water.

I just bought mac's Face and Body foundation the other day which apparently is water resistant as it's a film forming foundation. So that will be my next test. For day to day use it's just gorgeous <3 and it smells amazing when you are applying it - lemon oil! It's more sheer than the other foundations I use but its gentle dewy finish is just SO nice and I'm not left feeling caked with makeup or super greasy by the end of the day! :D Next Foundation purchases to test are going to be... Mac's full coverage cream foundation (might be waterproof) and illamasqua's skin base foundation (not likely to be waterproof but their colour range is amazing for a pinky-pale mer like me. If it turned out to be water resistant... zomg lol.

anyways... ask any questions about the stuff I tested, I won't bite =) Also I'm open to requests for testing other products (particularly UK brand ones or at least stuff I can realistically get :P)

also.. what are people's thoughts about the risks of silicone based foundations when swimming in a silicone tail?

ps! I also tested out another mascara...

- 'esteelauder extreme volume waterproof mascara' lasted well on the actual lashes but the let-down is it does flake badly :( seems to be that way for lengthening mascaras due to the fibres in them.

- The top lid was a purple MUFE aqua liner.... so dissapointing =( do not waste your money on them.

Mermaid Kelda
09-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Awesome! Thanks for going to the trouble :) I'll be getting me a stick of Tattoo Me soon.

Roxanna Meta
10-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, guys! I'm going to pick up a few of the products y'all recommended and see if I can start getting a good routine set of products going for myself.

I just wanted to say a couple of things - first of all, the thing about makeup not working the same way for everyone is totally true; somebody above recommended Stila's waterproof liquid liner, and that product does not work well for me. It stayed put in the store when I tested it on my hand, but when applying it, it did that thing where a second line overtop of the first line took off the first line; and then it didn't stay on very well after that.

I also wanted to say, based on a couple of people's posts:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT

Put saliva OR acrylic paints OR - oh my god - Sharpie marker on your eyes!!

Different bacteria live in your mouth than live in your eyes, and you can give yourself infections and damage your eyes by transferring saliva to them. This is also why you NEVER EVER spit in your contact lenses.

And acrylic paints, and especially Sharpie, are made with chemicals that are absolutely not for using on your skin. I know plenty of people who have used them for various cosplay-related things, but seriously guys, skin is porous and those chemicals will leach right into you.

Just promise me you guys aren't going to mess around with your eyes!! They're much more delicate than we realize sometimes, and they're so so important to take care of <3 Please only use products on your eyes that are meant to be used on your eyes.

Whew - okay! :)

Roxanna Meta
10-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Kay, I just went out and bought the Stila Smudge Stick in Lionfish (I love that many of them are named after fish! This one's copper), Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in Purple (for my green eyes), and Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in Raspberry (which might be too dark - I'm super pale - but even though I loved the formula I had trouble finding just the right color, not too pale, not too brown).

And yes, I specifically asked, and Sephora will take these products back if I try them and they turn out not to be waterproof! Sweet!

I'll let y'all know how it goes :)

Blaze
10-09-2013, 10:04 AM
And yes, I specifically asked, and Sephora will take these products back if I try them and they turn out not to be waterproof! Sweet!

I'll let y'all know how it goes :)

Yup, I bought my MUFE products from Sephora and since they didn't work out for me I returned them with no trouble whatsoever.

Thalassa
10-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Yup, I bought my MUFE products from Sephora and since they didn't work out for me I returned them with no trouble whatsoever.

Here's my take: the aqua eye products work great with the aqua seal over them, not great without. The liner is good. The lip liner is great with lip seal over it (mermaid minerals). With those things, they're the best at staying than anything else I've tried. Without them, they're about average.

Winged Mermaid
10-11-2013, 07:30 PM
MUFE are hit and miss for me. The aqualine won't stay put completely even with aquaseal as a primer AND sealer over the stuff. When I run out of it I won't be purchasing it again. However their concealer I can't live without (fair skin and narcolepsy = red around the eyes and dark circles)! The aquaseal works awesome on other stuff, like my brow powder. Everyone's skin and hairs take makeup differently, so while a product may be awesome for most people it may not work for you. I will say that the Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara is now my go to mascara for mermaiding stuff! It's not perfect but it's by far the best I've ran across.

Also I forgot, I did a makeup how to video. It was veeery last minute haha. I was sitting down to do my makeup for a meetup, and Anita texted me frustrated about mermaid makeup, and asked if I could help her. I said photo or video and she said video, so I pressed the record button on my computer and started :P Hopefully it'll be helpful to someone here :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeQMjW65-0o

Also here's an after shot from after we were swimming in the pool for 2 1/2 hours. My lipstick is a little worn becuase I forgot to take an after shot until after we went for sushi, which I nommed so much of and rubbed the corners of the lipstick off in the process :P

Theobromine
10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh gosh Iona, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't NEED All The Makeup you silly. You look beautiful even with no makeup at all, and your personality just shines. Makeup may be fun and all, but everyone here should realize how beautiful they are naturally!!

AniaR
10-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Its funny I use the aqua eye sticks and have never had a problem. I just wish they had more colors. The eyeliners have a lot but not the actual sticks. With mufe though its not underwater makeup unless its the aqua stuff. There are great tutorials online too

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OceanRose
01-03-2014, 05:51 AM
I just found a mascara I've never seen before; Maybelline Volum' Express 'The Falsies' Everlasting Mascara.
The description on the package .... "False lash glam goes beyond basic waterproof .. smudge-proof, flake-proof, life-proof. Multi-seal technology repels not only water, but oil as well."
Sold! I hope it's good, I'll come back after testing it in a chlorinated pool to let you guys know

Ariel-Starfish
01-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I have that mascara (one of the many maybeline waterproof series) and works out fine for me! :)

OceanRose
01-05-2014, 02:15 AM
I have that mascara (one of the many maybeline waterproof series) and works out fine for me! :)

Ooo yay, thank you for the feedback, Ariel Starfish! :-D
I have read a few reviews that say it's hard to remove. I'm thinking I'll try almond oil and a microfiber cloth.

Mermaid Lilium
01-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Ooo yay, thank you for the feedback, Ariel Starfish! :-D
I have read a few reviews that say it's hard to remove. I'm thinking I'll try almond oil and a microfiber cloth.

simple's cleansing wipes take it off fine for me with a little work.

and I had used this mascara in the past so I went out and re-bought it and maybeline's rocket mascara in waterpoof - don't bother with the rocket one. The falsies one works great though =) minimal flaking and didn't melt after a hot shower and a full day out in a rainy english city yesterday.

Also tried maybeline's 24h super stay liquid foundation and 24h stay waterproof powder foundation - used some nyx matte setting spray over the top and it worked really well. Will let you all know how they hold up with chlorine.

Winged Mermaid
01-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Oh gosh Iona, don't be so hard on yourself. You don't NEED All The Makeup you silly. You look beautiful even with no makeup at all, and your personality just shines. Makeup may be fun and all, but everyone here should realize how beautiful they are naturally!!

Aw, thanks so much Cyanea! :hug: I admit I get insecure cause people use to tease me about having no color in my face and all that. I use to be one of those people who would never leave the house without makeup, but after high school I started seeing it wasn't as big of a deal as I made it out to be to myself. Mostly with the help of kind people such as yourself reassuring me that I didn't look like death warmed over or a crack whore without it ;)

But it's nice to get dolled up, cause you just feel like-
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6ahfyJ1cU1ru1wbho6_250.gif

Mermaid.Mikayla
02-05-2017, 07:06 PM
I am unable to wear Cover Girl make up because it makes my skin break out, I was thinking about using E.L.F. but I wanted to use the Mufe Aqua brand also. But I don't want to spend a lot of money. Does anyone know if there is a make up that lasts long and is water resistant but is also cheep? Like, under ten USD.

Loralei
02-06-2017, 12:51 AM
It is hard to find quality under that price range Mikayla.. but are you looking for full coverage foundation? Try Hard Candy. Also, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer AS foundation works well.

Mermaid.Mikayla
02-06-2017, 08:10 AM
If I can't find any make up (like eyeshow Which I doubt will be "long lasting" underwater, or mascara) would I need to heavily apply it like blush and the eyeshadow. I've never been good with applying eyeliner. And would I need to buy contour as well? Or just stick with the foundation?

PearlieMae
02-06-2017, 09:24 AM
I use eyeshadow crayons from the dollar store...they generally have a heavy wax base and the colors stay on in water. My new favorite mascara is a waterproof CoverGirl - I don't have it with me tight now...teal blue tube, and the wand doesn't really have bristles, it's more like a serrated stick, if that helps.

Mermaid.Mikayla
02-06-2017, 04:25 PM
This really helps! Thank you!

Mermaid Lilium
02-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Hey Mers I thought I'd update on new finds of mine.

Makeup atelier Paris do waterproof foundations. Their liquid one is the most beautiful foundation I've ever used and applies super easily but I found it still dissappeared after swimming.

However, they have a gel foundation that stayed on all day through swimming on the Sunday at mermania. It probably has the weirdest texture in a foundation that I've ever used. It like a very thick cream foundation. It's a biaaatch to apply, but I have it figured out. I use a real techniques stippling brush and just lightly tap it onto the product and then I carefully work my way round my face, work in sections and blend them properly as you go. Once it sets it's not going anywhere but can catch and drag while it's partially drying. Due to the texture it doesn't seem to work with things like beauty blenders or my usual buffing brush. Once I've finished all my other makeup I set it with powder and don't even need a setting spray. The powder is a must as it dries tacky.

I also trialed Lip Ink's lip colour which is like if a lipstain and a liquid lipstick had a baby. It lasted amazingly, it does sting to apply but I've found it lasts better if you apply it without the protective balm. It fades after a few hours of swimming but nothing harsh or noticeable, I topped it up before I went to the closing ceremony and it was fine all evening :) it's completely vegan too btw.

Still swearing by my 'tattoo me' eyeliner by seventeen, and my maybeline colour tattoo pots.

Still working on finding a mascara that doesn't melt and a blush that stays on me!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

merman_kae
06-19-2017, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know of a waterproof highlighter that stays well for long periods of time? I might be a merman, but I still need that highlight. XD

Princess Pearl
06-22-2017, 11:59 PM
MUFE has a new line of waterproof shadows, Aqua XL Paint! I'm going to Sephora in the next couple of days to pick one up to try out (they're $30 Canadian so only one!) but I'll post a video about it when I've tried it out!

Melamermaid_Kendra
06-23-2017, 01:56 AM
Does anyone know of a waterproof highlighter that stays well for long periods of time? I might be a merman, but I still need that highlight. XD
I know that MAC pigments can also work for highlighters. I swatched it on my hand and washed some dishes and it stayed on the whole time. Didn't fade either. I also used the Justine Skye Iridescent powder and it didnt budge on me.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

merman_kae
06-23-2017, 09:23 AM
I know that MAC pigments can also work for highlighters. I swatched it on my hand and washed some dishes and it stayed on the whole time. Didn't fade either. I also used the Justine Skye Iridescent powder and it didnt budge on me.

Sent from my SM-G550T using MerNetwork mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=95032)

Ah! Thank you. I'll try those. My mom uses MAC a lot so it shouldn't be too hard to get my hands on.

Melamermaid_Kendra
06-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Hey Mers I thought I'd update on new finds of mine.

Makeup atelier Paris do waterproof foundations. Their liquid one is the most beautiful foundation I've ever used and applies super easily but I found it still dissappeared after swimming.

However, they have a gel foundation that stayed on all day through swimming on the Sunday at mermania. It probably has the weirdest texture in a foundation that I've ever used. It like a very thick cream foundation. It's a biaaatch to apply, but I have it figured out. I use a real techniques stippling brush and just lightly tap it onto the product and then I carefully work my way round my face, work in sections and blend them properly as you go. Once it sets it's not going anywhere but can catch and drag while it's partially drying. Due to the texture it doesn't seem to work with things like beauty blenders or my usual buffing brush. Once I've finished all my other makeup I set it with powder and don't even need a setting spray. The powder is a must as it dries tacky.

I also trialed Lip Ink's lip colour which is like if a lipstain and a liquid lipstick had a baby. It lasted amazingly, it does sting to apply but I've found it lasts better if you apply it without the protective balm. It fades after a few hours of swimming but nothing harsh or noticeable, I topped it up before I went to the closing ceremony and it was fine all evening :) it's completely vegan too btw.

Still swearing by my 'tattoo me' eyeliner by seventeen, and my maybeline colour tattoo pots.

Still working on finding a mascara that doesn't melt and a blush that stays on me!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
You should try Duwop blush booster. I heard it's waterproof.

Merliah
06-23-2017, 03:39 PM
If you buy like clay based products or ones that aren't water based products then that works and also if you buy some really​ good hairspray then that helps to seel in the makeup

Mermaid Merliah

BlueCorvidae
11-22-2017, 11:48 PM
I'm not an expert with make up especially with waterproof make up, but I discovered this one by accident.
https://www.londondrugs.com/dw/image/v2/AAJI_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-londondrugs-master/default/dwf7fc6d91/products/L8273278/large/L8273278.JPG?sw=556&sh=680&sm=fit
I tried it mostly because I thought it would be funny and it actually surprised me. It's creamy and applies nicely without clumping my lashes together, and it stays on all day even on days where I've gone swimming in chlorinated pools.

Kathleen Everett
12-01-2017, 12:27 AM
That's a good mascara! I've used that already.:thumbs up:

secretsandswimming
03-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Yeah, so this thread is super old (like 7 years :$) but in case anyone else is looking at this,Too Faced Better than Sex Waterproof Mascara is by far my favorite underwater mascara. It stays on completely (so well it takes like 15 minutes to take off) but is ligit the best. Good luck!

Mermaid Chloe-Marie
03-27-2018, 12:55 AM
I don't know if anybody mentioned this already, but the maybelline color tattoo (eyeshadow) works very well. It comes in a tiny tub (?) and is pretty much a thick cream. It fades just a tad in the water, but most of the colors are very bright and sparkly so it isn't that noticeable. Once they dry/set - you're good to go.