PDA

View Full Version : I just gotta say...

AniaR
08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
You guys, I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratitude these days and I feel like I need to say a few things...

First of all, thank you to our awesome mods for mernetwork. Like seriously, I think I understand a lot better where you're coming from after Reading Iona's interview and I'm just so thankful you two met and decided that you wanted to bring this community to life. I know there's stress and drama but you handle it so well. Malinghi your ideas for the forum are awesome and creative. I am so thrilled to be a member of this community and to be able to see it take off like this. I think this new site is really a kick butt platform and I know we're only going to grow.

I feel like I've made lifelong friends because of the community and I honestly don't think I could be where I am without it. The majority of what I learned about mermaiding came from here even though I had a tail before I joined. Lexi is the one who brought me here and she was the first other mermaid I ever knew. You guys when it comes to my mermaid identity make me feel so supported, you're always active on my fan page, you're always doing wonderful things for me. In here you're supportive of me when it comes to me being a bit outspoken which is a million times easier to do online then in real life. (I'm a total chicken) You're always helping and adding to my experiences.

When it comes to my tail endeavours you've all been amazing and supportive and you're excited right along with me! I feel like I'm having a party getting ready for this new tail. I can't wait to share it all with you, and I am so excited that in the new year we'll have more tail makers for you all! I know of at least 3 I've been emailing back and forth with who are almost ready to launch so keep your eyes peeled!

I'm not sure how you all feel, but this community reminds me that I'm not alone which is easy to forget with the few of us in Canada and how we're separated so far apart! It's so amazing to know I've got mer sisters and brothers all around the world, and I really feel like that- like you're all family.

I'm so excited to see what's in store for us all. Things get bigger and bigger! Carolyn's blog, book, and upcoming movie, the WMA, more makers, more... mers!
I just feel so thankful I wanted to share, I appreciate you all very much!

Moonflower
08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
There's no "like" button here, so this is me jumping in to say: LIKE!

Princess Kae-Leah
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh, I love you Raina! You're one of my biggest inspirations as a mermaid.

MermaidSaku
08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I think we are all thankful . I am so glad i meet you raina and everyone else here at the forum as well. Raina, you really are a strong mermaid. Everytime i see your interview i smile and say, "That's my merfriend!" lol. It does feel like family being on this forum.

Mermaid Sirena
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
You get the support and love because you give it yourself and are such a wonderful person, if I hadn't of stumbled across you on deviant art I might of never discovered the mermaid community or all the wonderful people on it!

Mermaid Luna
08-03-2011, 03:50 AM
*is indebted to Raina for ^Sirena's stumbling upon, and eventual assimilation as my professional mermaid sister* <3

Also, Raina, they're all right - you're such a strong presence in the community, and your hard work brings so many of us and others such joy. ^_^

jukumerboii
08-03-2011, 04:13 AM
aaww lol,,,i just LOVE all the LOVE going on around this here mer-community!! i remember telling my bff once "oh shoot i didnt check on my mer-family today!!" and all she could do was laugh because she knows how much i LOVE mermaids! and Raina u are an AWSOME mermaid!!!

AniaR
08-03-2011, 12:34 PM
thanks guys you're all wonderful!

Luna I love your shel silverstien quote. I have his books and teach him as often as I can!