PDA

View Full Version : Starting my FIRST tail (and its a sequin one o.0)

Mer_Adella
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
So after a long time of debate I am starting my first tail. I have my design on paper and have made adjustments in my head. I ordered the fabric yesterday. and I have all my sequins. I will post pictures soon. But i need some advice as well.

Mer_Adella
09-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I've decided not to have black sequins but i am not sure. this is how it would look (not really the design but just how the black stands out)

Mer_Adella
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I believe that I am going to take some good advice from other merfolk and use e6000 glue to glue the sequins on instead of sewing them. Just easier and less stressful and quicker. I also thought of using paint on the fluke....anyone have any ideas or hints? anyways hopefully i get my fabric soon. pics will be in process soon!

Morticia Mermaid
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I think the one without black is pretty

Ilonka
09-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I used Folk Art acrylic paint on my tail and its waterproof on fabric. They come in tons of pretty colors and you can find them in Walmart, you can also try t shirt ink, they sell them in a kit at Walmart also. With those sequins use a good amount of glue cuz the aren't texturized like the shell ones. Try to get glue through the holes so it can have a grip on them.

Mer_Adella
09-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks Ilonka...I was actually going to walmart tonight (ya know payday whootwhoot lol) so I will have to look for those paints. My mom told me to use fabric instead of acrylic but if you used it and it works that is good enough for me. And my mom mentioned the same thing about not being textured sequins. she said take a nail file and rub the back of them that i am gluing down to make the glue stick better.

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
are these the paints?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acrylic-Paint-Value-Pack/17753231

Mer_Adella
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Nope they are calle "folk art acrylic paints" and they come in a small pack for nine dollars or a large eighteen pack or thirteen dollars. I bought the larger one with assortments of colors. I can't wait to use them. I am avoiding using them just to paint with lol.