PDA

View Full Version : Tired of reality TV

Kanti
09-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Does anyone else remember the good ol days when networks like TLC, Animal Planet,
Discovery Channel, History Channel, MTV, and many others were filled with shows that
were actually relevant?
I remember watching animal planet EVERY DAY at 8 or whatever time it was to see
"The most extreme" animal countdowns, then watching the Crocodile Hunter, sometimes
even Jeff Corwin. Now wtf happened? Animal planet just has REALITY shows -__-
Even more insulting, their slogan is "surprisingly human"? Wtf AP, I watch this for ANIMALS
I don't give half a crap to hear about humans!
Anyone remember when Discovery Channel had shows about space exploration, animal life,
and showed how things worked? Well not it has shows like "Pawn Star Boss" or whatever and
"Ice Road Truckers"...

Seriously what is the DEAL with these reality shows!? Why the hell are they so popular?
It's depressing, I don't even know the channels for those stations anymore because they
literally have nothing for me to watch. Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time
I ever watched TV -___-

</rant>
What do you guys think? Am I just crazy?

ShyMer
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I miss old Animal Planet and Discovery channel :(

My friend says Nat Geo Wild is still good sometimes.

Mermaid Annariea
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
i agree with you kanti, i miss the old tv shows.
now i just watch mythbusters, how its made, and star trek.

AniaR
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
you said it. I can honestly say I don't watch much reality tv. I do watch shows like face off and top model... haha but I watch at the end only usually to see the results ^.^; I miss DOCUMENTARIES on TLC etc. Not "Honey boo boo" *kills self*

Kanti
09-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I was so angry when I saw they were giving that little runt "Honey booboo" her own show -__-
Apparently you're heavily rewarded in America when you're a bad mother who makes her 6 or
however old she is kid go to degrading beauty pageants.

I like the top model shows and stuff like that because I think they are a different category.
Although sometimes they annoy me because there's ALWAYS some sort of drama started up
for seemingly no reason, but at least the main show is them competeing.

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
I think Honey BooBoo is a hilarious show that show you what NOT to do! They buy their food from auctions!

Kanti
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
xD Me and my dad caught my mom watching it and we made her stop. It's seriously just a complete
waste of time. I guess it's hard not to see how weird those people are but I don't want to contribute to
their "views" or "ratings" or whatever.

Alveric
09-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Reality TV is cheap to make. No writers or actors to pay. No studios or expensive sets. No travel to distant wildernesses No special effects.

Sadly, it's not going away anytime soon.

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
The Mers on here should make a reality tv show. Omg that would be hilarious! To show the misses and trialz of mermaiding. How hard it is to get in a silicone tail and how hard we work to build our tails

Kanti
09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
@Alveric - yea that's entirely true. I bet that's why everyone likes it so damn much -__-

@Aliyah - If they ever did make a show about mermaids it would probably be in the same sense
as the Honey Booboo show. People would probably think the mers on it were weird and stuff and
it would probably mostly be dedicated to trying to make them look weird.
At least that's what I think, but I guess it's up to the person watching to decide.

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
We ARE one big weird mer family!

AniaR
09-08-2012, 10:39 AM
how I feel about reality tv

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/9/6/22/anigif_enhanced-buzz-12014-1346986173-3.gif

MermaidAliyah
09-08-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL! Hilarious, Raina

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Raina, the mer reality show idea might be an interesting one to depict in your webcomic