PDA

View Full Version : Halloween's coming up soon...

Kanti
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
So what's everyone gonna be?? What do you guys plan on doing?

I'm not completely sure what I'm going to be yet, but I'm currently working on
making a pair of wings and I thought some of you guys might be able to make them
too for your own costumes~

I'm going to be putting a tutorial on my blog soon, I'll update you guys further later
on~

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Sound like fun! I am gonna do hubby up like a Goron, Myself as a Zora((Hehehe)) My daughter up as little Zelda and My little Bitty Boy up as little Link. XD Its gonna be a thrill to see how many people get the reference.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
09-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I am toying with the idea of being an ent/dryad/treant/green man, a Sphinx, a frost giant, or Mimic from the X-men.

Kanti
09-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Wow Brooke you're autmatically my favorite, you better take a picture of that xD I love Zelda
I actually wanted to do a Ghirahim costume soon (the main villain from Skyward Sword)

@Joy - I think a dryad would be super awesome x__x If you've played Skyrim I absolutely love
the spriggans. If I ever made a dryad costume I'd have to base it off them~

Jadestone
09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Ohh, I like the wing! I'd like to make a set of "feather" looking wings sometime, I did a set of dragon ones for last halloween...

They expanded when I stood on my toes like so:

Sadly they were just too big for me to bring back this year : / Otherwise I'd maybe do a Cthulhu costume. This year though I might go as Jessie from Team Rocket (Pokemon), mostly because I have a friend who said he'd lend me his baby boa constrictor. If not I can always just, y'know, be a mermaid and use it as an excuse to make people wheel me around in a rolling desk chair at my hall's party ^^

Mermaid Celissa
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm going as...a mermaid! My friend Brittany and I asked me if I wanted to go to a theme park for Halloween, and there's costuming! She's gonna be a zombie rockstar:

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/43000051/images/cc04047-rocked-out-zombie-rockstar-goth-costume.jpg

Anyway, back to my costume.

It consists of this top:

This skirt:

These shoes:

This, on a necklace:

This blue scary to drape around my shoulders, or as a belt:

And my walking tail, similar to Kae-Leah's. I don't have a picture but I have a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9juoiWj0lo&feature=plcp

*Celine*
09-07-2012, 04:32 PM
last year I was the Corpse Bride, Don't know yet what I'll do this year...

Mermaid Annariea
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
i want to go as an elven ranger/druid sort of thing.
but i have no money to buy a costume, or even buy materials to make one. :(

Mermaid Celissa
09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Well Brianna, my costume is entirely made of things I found around the house. :P

Kanti
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Well Brianna, the wings I'm making only cost about $10 total if you make them from only one color
If you make them out of 2 they'll probably cost around $12.

They're made from felt (which at Joanns is about $5 a yard, and you only really need one yard) and
glue to stiffen them, also some wire which is about $4 or so.

@Jade - Damn you, you really make a lot of stuff! Those things are huge!!
I love oversized wings so much x___x
I remember being obsessed with them last year and I ended up making a dragon costume xD

Azurin Luna
09-07-2012, 05:13 PM
We don't have Halloween here, I made some Halloween cookies last year and hardly any of my colleagues wanted to try them :(

sunrise
09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm going to go as Sen from Spirited Away in her bathhouse robes. :)

Ayla of Duluth
09-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm going to be a reindeer. A glimmer of light and hope, a symbol of delicacy and beauty on such a scary night. I'm even going to make bite sized oatmeal cookies with a little fine glitter mixed in that kids can feed me, just like when they used to throw sparkly oatmeal out into the yard for santas reindeer. I gotta find a Halloween buddy to protect me this year because last year I went by a haunted house and a guy with chains came out and wrapped me up and put me on the ground and another guy showed up with a chainsaw without a chain and they said they were gonna teach me about prime cuts. I still remember curling up in fear and yelling "I'm too cute for this!" to try and save myself. xD

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
09-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Azurin Luna, it was my understanding that Halloween was gaining increasing popularity, starting in France and spreading across Europe (including the Nederlands). Also, what did your Halloween cookies look like and what where they made of? I find it hard to picture people turning down cookies, even if they aren't for a holiday that is particularly popular in your country.

sunrise, that is a brilliant idea! I loved Spirited Away (hmmm... I recently cut my hair and I think I've outgrown my gui, otherwise going as Haku might've been another idea for me... oh well).

Ayla of Duluth, I love your idea as well! I have a Changeling: The Lost character who is based on the legends of flying reindeer. Also, that experience with walking by the haunted house seems a bit excessive, even for Halloween.

Kanti
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Man Halloween is so much fun~ I don't know the exact story of origin, or at least
I was told it once but I'm not sure how true it is, but I think it's general enough that
it could apply to everyone?

@ Ayla - did you know who those people were or did strangers tie you up O_O
cause either that's a funny story or a really scary one xD
I'm still not sure what I want to be but I'd love something with bodypaint!

Mermaid Celissa
09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Those dragon costumes are wonderful! :D

AniaR
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
no idea. lol last year I was catwoman (michelle style), year before lady Gaga, the year before that super woman, and the year before that poison ivy. Hahah

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
I LOVE Halloween. Last year I went to schol with ' vampire bites ' on my neck. LOl. And I was trying out something new and made my neck look like someone had cut it. I think I might wear that to school this year. Or either be a fairy since I have a pair of cheap wings in my closet. Though they tend to shed alot of glitter,but I just call it pixiedust! LOL

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
@Kanti you never cease to amaze me that dragon costume is amazing! Wish I could let you meet my niece and nephew like that!

Mermaid Annariea
09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
i actually really love the pattern for your wings, kanti, but im not doing wings.
im hoping ill get this job so i can have money to order all the stuff i need for the costume. but if not, i can just be a vampire again haha. or a mermaid...

Jadestone
09-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Kanti that dragon costume is AMAZING, I love it!! The scales look wonderful.
I still need to make a full costume for mine, but I want to make the wings multi-purpose so it's gotten delayed. I'm looking into a pair of feathery wings so I can make a Kaalia of the Vast (it's a Magic the Gathering card, and the general card for my favorite EDH deck, haha) costume sometime :)

Prince Calypso
09-07-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm gonna be Poison ivy for Halloween. got my corset and gonna get my hair done. just gotta get a pair of tight black jeans or jeggins, and buy some leaves and glitter and lots of red and purple paint

WavyMermaidy
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Like all of y'all I LOVE Halloween too. In fact, I got married on Halloween 4 years ago...such a great day for a wedding :) Also, it is a good excuse to be able to wear your wedding dress once a year and say its part of a costume ;) LOL

@Kanti - As for the origin of Halloween, it started out with a Celtic-pagan agricultural holiday known as Samhain (pronounced Sow-when). Neopagans still observe this holiday today, and it's seen as a time of preparation for winter, the start of the dark half of the year (and for some is thought of as New Year's), an observation on death as part of the life cycle, etc. Actually, here is a link to a pretty good article that gives the gist about the beginnings as well as the influence of Christianity, etc.: http://inventors.about.com/od/sstartinventions/a/Samhain.htm

Angel the Little Merman
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
On the 27th I got my first gig as a merman in a Halloween event at my town center, and on the 31st I might do a gender-blend CC from the anime Code Geass.

Kanti
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
@ Jade - Oh god I love the artwork on Magic cards! I'd love to see the costume when it's done :'D
Sounds like a badass thing, but when I looked it up I saw bat-winged girls so it may be a different generation

@ Wavy - Haha thanks xD That's interesting to know. I used to go to catholic school and they told us it was
supposed to be a festival that celebrated demons coming back to earth or something like that o_o

Blondie
09-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Last year I was super sick for Halloween so it was a lot of fun for me xD I rarely get sick and of all nights I get sick on Halloween, come onnn...

Normally I just pass out candy. My friends are all over the US for college so I'm pretty lonely here. So no parties. I'll probably stick to passing out candy in my new mermaid tail :) That way I don't have to spend another dime to impress kids.

Sunrise Meridian
09-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm an October baby myself, and while my birthday is not on Halloween itself I always celebrate that night. I'm working on making a Mary Poppins outfit this year

Sephina
09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
I was hoping to be out and around in my Marie costume, but since the circumference of the skirt is 13 feet I'm likely not going to be out and about in it. It will be a huge hassle on the buses and being in stores. So my next pick will be my Amon (Legend of Korra) costume.

Ayla of Duluth
09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Ayla of Duluth, I love your idea as well! I have a Changeling: The Lost character who is based on the legends of flying reindeer. Also, that experience with walking by the haunted house seems a bit excessive, even for Halloween.
There's no such thing as too excessive for halloween!

@ Ayla - did you know who those people were or did strangers tie you up O_O
cause either that's a funny story or a really scary one xD
Here in Duluth, we're a tourist city so we like to give the people a real scare. We have a 750' retired ore boat that turns haunted at halloween, and its completely volunteer run. Actors are sent out into the crowd waiting to go through the haunted ship to entertain them while they wait. I worked on it last year and man, do we go all out. People faint, actors sometimes get punched xD its really fun for everyone. We go so all out that we have to have emergency exits for people who bail halfway through.

Our pride though is the Haunted Shack. Said to be a hundred times scarier than the ship, and that's the place I was walking by when it happened. I knew it was all in good fun, i've had actors follow me to my car and chase me down the street. The actors there can get really in your face there because to work there you have to sign a release form saying if you hurt someone, you're fully responsible and the Shack can't get sued or anything. At the haunted ship actors are required to not touch people going through, but at the shack they can do like what they did to me when they chained me up and pretended they were going to turn me into venison jerky. I wasn't scared. :) Yeah, we love halloween here.

MermaidAliyah
09-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I was thinking to be a mermaid that got slaughtered and I would sit in front of my aunts house or I might just sit in my mermaid tail and watch the kids come up to me and hope they ask me to come to their parties.

MountainMermaidBrooke
09-08-2012, 01:40 AM
I'll be sure to post pictures. ;3 Just have to make a run to the fabric store.

EnidDarkWater
09-08-2012, 02:05 AM
@ MermaidAliyah, Go for the gore! and get some good body part props if your gunna haunt in your tail :)

Halloween is a month long experiance in our household so once oct hits its costume heaven. We have a victorian house with almost an acre of land in town so we set up a pretty big haunt and hand out candy.For once I wont be wearing much of a costume on Halloween. I'm going to a metal show and I will be trashing wedding dress thats almost a grand (it's a gwar show, any one who knows them will understand) I feel kinda odd not having a super big deal over the top costume, but at least I get to wear costumes to work so its not like i miss out completly. I do think its fun alot of you will be wearing your tails :D

MermaidAliyah
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I usually just create scars using latex and other makeup that I have. I'll post a pic later today

Little_Orca
09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
If I am not working if I have a job, I will probably dress up as Rapunzel and go skipping around town.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/559231_10100370720679778_1294585657_n.jpg http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582095_10100370720624888_1484821262_n.jpg

Firemaid
09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
YAY!! Halloween is my fav! Last year I was a unicorn!6155
This year I'm going to be a goat!

MermaidAliyah
09-08-2012, 02:49 PM
@LittleOrca that is amazing.

@FireMermaid Nice unicorn costume

Kanti
09-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Wow Orca you look so cute!!! Is that all your real hair o_O??

And aww Firemaid that costume is so cute!
Can't wait to see your other one o.O

EnidDarkWater
09-09-2012, 02:08 AM
@ xuchilpaba have you seen they're working on a movie based on Maleficent?
@MermaidAliyah a quick way to build up wounds is apply liquid latex add some mangled up cotton balls on top so they stick then cover then in liquid latex as well. it allows you to create wells and things to fill with bloody icky gore!!! (mwahahahahaha) budget FX can do some amazing things lol

MermaidAliyah
09-09-2012, 04:30 AM
@EnidDarkWater I'll try that next time, but this is what I got this time

Little_Orca
09-10-2012, 02:50 PM
*Giggle* No. It's a combination of a lot of materials and 6 wigs. I wish I had had seven, believe me.

Azurin Luna
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Azurin Luna, it was my understanding that Halloween was gaining increasing popularity, starting in France and spreading across Europe (including the Nederlands). Also, what did your Halloween cookies look like and what where they made of? I find it hard to picture people turning down cookies, even if they aren't for a holiday that is particularly popular in your country.

sunrise, that is a brilliant idea! I loved Spirited Away (hmmm... I recently cut my hair and I think I've outgrown my gui, otherwise going as Haku might've been another idea for me... oh well).

I just noticed this one, lol.

They were cupcakes decorated with marsepin and fondant, they all looked cute
6202 6203
Sugar ghosts:

New York Mermaid
09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
No clue over here, I was thinking of a fairy, or even alice but i dont even know.. My hubby is dressing up as Ironman..lol

Mermaid Azira
09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ohh, I like the wing! I'd like to make a set of "feather" looking wings sometime, I did a set of dragon ones for last halloween...

They expanded when I stood on my toes like so:

Sadly they were just too big for me to bring back this year : / Otherwise I'd maybe do a Cthulhu costume. This year though I might go as Jessie from Team Rocket (Pokemon), mostly because I have a friend who said he'd lend me his baby boa constrictor. If not I can always just, y'know, be a mermaid and use it as an excuse to make people wheel me around in a rolling desk chair at my hall's party ^^

How In the world did you make those?? Awesome!!

Jadestone
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
How In the world did you make those?? Awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62jhoXa4ckI&list=UU9zOqYbfJEvAh4R2jsZbV0Q&index=9&feature=plcp :)

jukumerboii
09-15-2012, 06:26 PM
idk what im going to be this year!? im thinking of the walking merman, male storm(x-men), or a male version of poison ivy!

Atlantis
09-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Lady Frankenstein and Mad Scientist

Atlantis
09-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Kanti, that dragon costume is amazing!!

Raayvhen
09-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I really want to go as a weeping angel this year. I should really get working on that.

Nykur
09-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I saw some wings that opens and folds back just by moving your arms, without pulling any strings!
I'm gonna make a pair of these like bat wings for a vampire costume. :D
http://www.instructables.com/id/Articulated-Wing-Framework/

Little_Orca
09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I really want to go as a weeping angel this year. I should really get working on that.

Must... Not... Blink...

lynsea
09-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Alright, so I'm at Uni right now. The expectations for girls are short, tight, and sluttily. Honestly, why not look a bit sexy but I want to take it to the next level. I am thinking of going as the cheshire cat. I want to get a body suit and paint it with purple and pink fluorescent stripes (so that they glow under blacklight) and fluorescent yellow contacts. Creepy and sexy :P

Mermaid Harmony
09-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Kanti, that dragon is amazing, you look like Jacinda from Firelight by Sophie Jordan, or more so what I imagine she would look like. that's nuts! I'm going as Buddy the Elf (from Elf) for halloween, it's going to be hilarious!

MermaidIvy
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
This Year, I can't wait to be either Poison Ivy, or a Greek Goddess. Last year I was Lady Gaga, and this guy asked me if i was supposed to be a stripper :doh:

telzey.amberdon
09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Men are such pigs. Hey, how about a merpork?

Merman_Shawn
09-23-2012, 08:09 PM
((Sorry about the weird arrangement of photos. The post shows none of the coding for the attached images. I have no way to move them around))
Last year I was Poison Ivy:

This year I think I'm going to resurrect a favorite costume. Louis De pointe Du Lac:

Samantha Siren
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm working here this Halloween with a company called Scarenation! Yes I will be sleeping there!! http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://location-collective.co.uk/media/c452dd4b/12_thumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://location-collective.co.uk/location-of-the-month-october-2011--langleybury-mansion-and-school_192.html&h=366&w=549&sz=77&tbnid=rBSgen3RbrYeCM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__0CJyovyo7OW6B8PFHao54eHSV3U=&docid=PY28e-8o_kyRkM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KLNfUPfzFoLM0QWqx4CABQ&ved=0CD4Q9QEwBA&dur=375

Odette
09-24-2012, 08:17 PM
All those wings are epic. i have seen that dragon wing design before and i want to see it more!
I CANNOT wait to show you guys photos from my next event. Its so halloween.Its a vampyre art exibit at Hotel congress(with a swimming vampire mermaid) .i made sure this time to get a friend to get photos.

Ashe
09-24-2012, 08:35 PM
I wanted to be a mermaid, but i dont want to start up the whole entire "oh yeah, i heard from a stupid rumor that Kalani thinks she's a real mermaid (which i sooooo do not!) , so lets go ahead and make her life a living hell" thing again. So, maybe in a few years when the mean people find some other hobby to pick on, ill go for a mermaid. But now, ive resorted to a vampire, cause ive never been before. And just so youre aware, im not doing the whole cape, dress, blood dripping out of mouth sort of thing. This one is modern day, Twilight, and The Vampire Diaries style. I hope it works! Also, at my school, were allowed to wear costumes and over the top makeup for halloween, but im just gonna wear normal clothes and daily makeup, but have my little fangs in all day! Wanting to see if people notice :) ''v''''v''

EnidDarkWater
09-25-2012, 01:55 AM
@MermaidAliyah that neck wound was pretty violent. I like it alot! add more blood scab for the chunky inner tissue looking stuff :) Halloween for me will be interesting as its been settled that i'm going to GWAR!!! for those that dont know they are a gore metal/punk band known for antics like spraying blood into the crowd all year around.lol. I'm currently working on a hat with human skin on it and the like. I'm hoping to go for a cannibal look :D

Merman_Shawn
09-25-2012, 02:38 AM
@MermaidAliyah that neck wound was pretty violent. I like it alot! add more blood scab for the chunky inner tissue looking stuff :) Halloween for me will be interesting as its been settled that i'm going to GWAR!!! for those that dont know they are a gore metal/punk band known for antics like spraying blood into the crowd all year around.lol. I'm currently working on a hat with human skin on it and the like. I'm hoping to go for a cannibal look :D

TOO AWESOME!

EnidDarkWater
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
@merman Shawn. I'm very excited about it.Gwars releasing a photo today of their new memeber. my goal is to look awesome enough to be fed to the world maggot on halloween :D

Dacora
10-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Yay Halloween!!! I love Halloween, I am making my costume this year. Its my first time designing a whole costume and making it. I'm going to be a witch. Not a scary witch, more of an anime cute witch style. Then my boyfriend, a few of our friends and I are going to "horror in the hills". Its like a haunted house but we are in the country so its a hay ride over fields and stuff and actors try and scare people. I am also making my brothers costume, he wants to be a mine craft character. So we are going to find some boxes and either paint them or glue on construction paper for the pixel effect.

merboy78xy
10-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Halloween is my favorite time of year!!! And I will be working ONCE AGAIN... I ALWAYS work on my favorite holiday. People never treat Halloween like a real holiday. Sigh :( I need to something this year, but I don't know what!!!

Blondie
10-04-2012, 02:49 AM
I just realized that buying a Slender Man suit and running around in the wooded area of my town MIGHT just be worth the money...

http://www.superfansuits.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/360x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img-product-slendy31-f.jpg

spottedcatfish
10-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Need some more ideas:

Two years ago I dressed up as an elegant Vampire:

Yes, I was on a bus, going downtown with friends. This is the only picture I have of that night... I should have taken a full length shot as I was wearing this really nice dress.

And last year I went to a party as an authentic cowgirl:

Anyways, this year, I'm planning for Halloween to go out as myself... yes a mermaid cat... I'll take more pictures of this costume when it comes alive. (I'm hoping this weekend!!!) ooh soo excited!

dini
10-04-2012, 04:18 AM
I just bought this bra, for general awesomeness, but also potentially for halloween. Can anyone think of a costume I can incorporate it into (other than lady gaga?)

Kanti that dragon is INSANE!!!!

Mermaid Celissa
10-04-2012, 07:46 AM
My friend pondered dressing as Slenderman and handing out notes :P

Mer_Adella
10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
All of the costumes I have worn had a theme to them.... i didn't pay one cent for them!
I found things around my house and closest that would constitute as a costume.
4yrs ago i went as a naughty school girl
3yrs ago i went as a sexy grease monkey
2yrs ago I went as a cowgirl
and last year I didn't dress up at all
I think i will go as a pirate this year...

Mer_Adella
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
altho this would be AWESOME if i were pregnant

Mermaid Margarete
10-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm going to re-using the 7 costumes I put together this year SO I need a lot of parties to go to XD

I'm already plotting to wear my Italian Renaissance gown to my work on Halloween and my Medieval gown/cloak/mask to my friend's masquerade. I'm also going to haunted houses and corn mazes one night with a bunch of friends, but it really depends on the weather as to whether or not I wear one of my professional costumes or just a cute Halloween themed outfit (mud is not my friend when I'm wearing a costume that costs $700+). I'm also going to Aki-con (an anime convention) and they're doing a Halloween theme so I'll be wearing my cybergoth outfit there.

At least Halloween is cheap for me (since I make so many costumes during the year XD). It's nice having so many costumes, too, cause I can lend my work to my friends who otherwise wouldn't dress up ^^ I just like seeing my stuff being enjoyed/gettting used. It spends too much time in folded up and put away.

MerEmma
10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Well Brianna, the wings I'm making only cost about $10 total if you make them from only one color
If you make them out of 2 they'll probably cost around $12.

They're made from felt (which at Joanns is about $5 a yard, and you only really need one yard) and
glue to stiffen them, also some wire which is about $4 or so.

@Jade - Damn you, you really make a lot of stuff! Those things are huge!!
I love oversized wings so much x___x
I remember being obsessed with them last year and I ended up making a dragon costume xD

Is that picture from MegaCon in Orlando? =P

Anyway, I personally am going as a cat up a tree. Basically I'm going to dress up as a tree, and my dog is going to be a fireman. xD I've been wanting to do a jellyfish costume like Cleo's in H2O, except we haven't thought about it early enough yet. Maybe next year.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/343r8sm.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2e2mgww.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2vltimc.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/f2q3ch.jpg
http://oi48.tinypic.com/1zfkj7c.jpg

SilverSiren
10-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I just realized that buying a Slender Man suit and running around in the wooded area of my town MIGHT just be worth the money...

http://www.superfansuits.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/360x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img-product-slendy31-f.jpg

Totally... I was going to ask a thin friend of mine if he would be able to wear stilts so I could build a Slender man costume that would be a bit more imposing. I think it would be fricken hilarious... until Slendy came for me cause I made a joke about him.

Mermaid Annariea
10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I just bought this bra, for general awesomeness, but also potentially for halloween. Can anyone think of a costume I can incorporate it into (other than lady gaga?)

Kanti that dragon is INSANE!!!!

you could always go as an awesome black metal vampire chick. just do crazy awesome "corpse paint" and dress in all black, a lot of leather-looking stuff, spikes, etc.
you can look up "black metal makeup" or "corpse paint" or something similar, whether on google or youtube (if you want tutorials).
black metal is a genre of metal (captain obvious, arent i?) that i personally very much enjoy. im really picky about black metal bands though... if you want to listen, this band is good, and i love this song: *** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joEAb_y7ZYA

***WARNING: i would probably rate this video M. THERE ARE BOOBS, GUYS. AND BLOOD. not necessarily "gore", but some of the band members are spattered with red stuff that looks like blood. also, if you are extremely christian, you might just hate this. this band uses satanism as a sort of shock value (or they might actually be, i have no idea.) if you dont mind any of that, then go ahead and watch the video.

you might end up thinking im crazy for enjoying this, but i mostly listen to stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRN9NpYHz1c&feature=related
no warning for this band, called Heidevolk. theyre just awesome pagan folk metal :3 they sing in dutch, in a traditional male sextet, and are VERY different from Dimmu Borgir. this is probably my personal favorite metal genre, and the singers' voices and harmonies make my heart happy <3

ANYWAYS BACK TO HALLOWEEN NOW.
im going as a pirate :3

dini
10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Perfect! Thanks Brianna :)

Raayvhen
10-07-2012, 12:34 AM
So I've never done a slutty costume before so this year I'm doing a super sexy latexy vampire costume.

Steamcon is going to be the weekend before Halloween though, so I'm working on improving my costume for that.

MermaidBrittany
10-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Hey all :) So i bought this corset and top at a ren fair and i am trying to make a costume out f it. All I could come up with was a wench of some sort. Any suggestions?

Ashe
10-07-2012, 02:14 AM
I think it would be fricken hilarious... until Slendy came for me cause I made a joke about him.
HAHA!

Felicia
10-07-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm gunna be Teemo (game charater) this year! I've made my own costumes every year since I was like 8 or 9 and my papa picked costumes for me before that I still go trick-or-treating every year even though I'm 20 now, so I take my sisters as a cover story as to why I'm goin but really I just love it and will probably go by myself when they stop goin with me lolz. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, but I dress up all year round so for me it's more the freighting decor, the haunted houses and mazes, the great party's, and all around fun of TPing houses and scaring the living hell out of the young people around here (my sibling especially). However, Halloween is pretty much living hell for all my friends family and everyone around me because I love to scare people by any means nessecary and if I want to got to a haunted party, maze, or house I always force my friends to come too lolz.

God I really do love October!

ShyMer
10-07-2012, 08:39 AM
My friend and hubby and I are thinking about going as the Four Swords Links this year. I hope we can find someone to do the fourth, but we'll see. We're going to choose our second item and carry that with us as well. I'll probably have the boomerang, she'll have the bombs, and probably Josh will have the shield. Kinda excited about it, and hoping other people get what we're supposed to be.

Sea Pearl
10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Awesome costume pictures everyone!
I've never done anything for Halloween for the past few years, due to this or that, but this year I really want to do something. I'm still choosing a costume but thought I could maybe try to match something up with a pair of Harem pants I made last year. Might just go ahead and make a top too :) They look kind of cool and I have not had the chance to wear them much.

Mermaid Celissa
10-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Oohhh...genie maybe Sea?

Sea Pearl
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
That's what I had in mind :) Now I just need to make the top to go with it.

Siren of the Sea
10-18-2012, 12:56 AM
If I was able to do anyhting I'd be Katniss. :)

Jadestone
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
So hopefully part of the costume I'm making will arrive in the mail soon...

I'm being Jessie from Pokemon's Team Rocket :) She's the red-haired one in this link for those of you unfimiliar with the series: http://static.zerochan.net/Team.Rocket.full.802097.jpg

I sadly don't have the time/resources to make a wig and I'm too afraid to dye my hair that color, but I do have a white miniskirt, black tights to go under it (it's cold and I don't have boots that go high enough, alas), black boots, black shoulder-length gloves, a black shirt I cut/hemmed to be the right length, and large green earings. I've been waiting on a white shirt to arrive in the mail so I can alter it and paint on the R, but it's not come yet :(

At some point in the evening, for my dorm's get-together, I will also probably make an appearance in my mermaid tail :) My roommate will be dressing up as a pirate and said she'd carry me in so we could hang out in those costumes for a while hehe.

Mermaid Caidence
10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm surprised not more of you are going as mermaids. I'm going as a mermaid. :p
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h387/_Caitey_/IMG_0007.jpg
I still need to fix up the bottom a bit.

WavyMermaidy
10-28-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm going as a mer! We have a Halloween parade and costume contest in our town before trick or treat. Only home made costumes are judged so I am wearing my fabric "peacock" tail and getting pushed by my pirate hubby in my new mermobile (a used wheelchair I prettied up today with netting and such).

Capt Nemo
10-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Found the perfect Ursla costume for my sister! It's a skate dress I found at Goodwill.

MermaidBrittany
10-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Found the perfect Ursla costume for my sister! It's a skate dress I found at Goodwill.

I did this for my friend too! Except it was a little shorter and we put a purple tutu under it. That velvet looks great though :)

MerAnthony
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
7305 This is what I was a few years ago. It was fun but it snowed on that day. This year I'm going to use a few parts of this for my new one this year.

Mermaid Jewel
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I was a pirate for a Halloween party yesterday, but if I actually go out on Halloween night, I'll probably go as an elf or something with my medieval dress I ordered, because it's way warmer than the pirate costume!

Sherl
10-29-2012, 11:26 PM
I wish I could be as hyped as all of you are about Halloween! I'm one of the minority who'll be sitting out like I do every year. Halloween is just warped in Singapore. No pumpkins and trick-or-treating...only super expensive spook fests in Sentosa about Southeast Asian ghosts for people 13 years old and above! Lol anyway all of your costumes are just amazing, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun :)

Azurin Luna
10-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Ah, you are not alone, same goes for me. Halloween is not celebrated here and if it's done it's one street were an American family lives. The only thing they tried last year was to get everybody into pumpkin carving, but that was probably a flop, cause now they don't sell the pumpkins anymore :(

Elle
10-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Halloween is becoming more popular here, the supermarkets more commonly stock carving pumpkins and lolly buckets and halloween lollies. But you've really gotta live in the right area to even bother celebrating it. It just doesn't happen. we make up for it with random parties and celebrations through out the year like the zombie walk, Apocalypse parties and the month long fright festival.

Blondie
10-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Speaking of zombies xD

I decided to go as Andrea from The Walking Dead. I still need to add the bullet sash and get a better face gun. But this is most of my costume...

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400248_4875143603081_656366598_n.jpg

Sherl
10-30-2012, 05:10 AM
Ah, you are not alone, same goes for me. Halloween is not celebrated here and if it's done it's one street were an American family lives. The only thing they tried last year was to get everybody into pumpkin carving, but that was probably a flop, cause now they don't sell the pumpkins anymore :(

Oh dear. Which country do you live in? Where is Rotterdam? Please forgive my idiocy XD I think pumpkins should be the bare minimum of Halloween - they're so much fun and are wonderful decorations. As we're in the same boat, why not celebrate not celebrating Halloween? Lol don't mind me XD

Azurin Luna
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Rotterdam is the biggest harbour in Europe, it's in the Netherlands. I agree, but here you can get some halloween candies at outlet stores and that's it, but I've never seen the traditional USA ones, the candy corns

Sherl
10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I've only seen cartoon candy corns, never real ones before /: We don't even have Halloween candy, oh well. But I think it's so cool that Rotterdam's the largest harbour in Europe (: Have always wanted to go to the Netherlands!

Azurin Luna
10-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Happy Halloween!

Bored at work and drawn on sticky notes :P

Sherl
10-31-2012, 09:20 AM
That's so creative! :D Me like!!

Mermaid Margarete
10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! =D

I'm lucky enough to get to wear one of my costumes to work today - I'm somehow managing my Italian Ren dress - tho the neckline is very wide and makes it super hard to move my arms to any great extent XD Today... is going to be an interesting work day....

Mermaid Lei Loni
10-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Same here! Although, I wore my new tail to work. Mermaids do have day jobs! :lol:

Spindrift
10-31-2012, 03:26 PM
I wish I could be as hyped as all of you are about Halloween! I'm one of the minority who'll be sitting out like I do every year. Halloween is just warped in Singapore. No pumpkins and trick-or-treating...only super expensive spook fests in Sentosa about Southeast Asian ghosts for people 13 years old and above! Lol anyway all of your costumes are just amazing, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun :)

Check out Woodlands :) They do the whole trick-or-treating deal full out.

Edit: Oh. I guess it's a bit late now with the time difference since it's like, Nov 1st for you.

AniaR
10-31-2012, 08:38 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcs9ovhbbD1r0wgkuo1_500.jpg

Call all you want but there's no one home and you're not going to reach my shell phone!

Fins up little sea monsters ;)

Mermaid Celissa
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I went out on my porch in my Magictail, adorned with a bajillion necklaces and shiny things. Gave candy out, a few little girls got "magic" translucent blue craft stones. A baby girl dressed as Merida was scared of my tail :[ But a little Ariel chose me over my little zombie brother. :P

mermaid Ilythia Finlay
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Took my boys out trick or treating last night with my close friend and her 3 kids (and her husband) we all had alot of fun my 3 year old LOVED it. I didn't bother to dress up much I had already gone all out on the Adelaide Zombie Walk but we had alot of fun all the same!!

mermaid Ilythia Finlay
10-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Call all you want but there's no one home and you're not going to reach my shell phone!

Fins up little sea monsters ;)
wow Aniar your tail is AWESOME! did you make that yourself? xx :)

MerAnthony
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
This year again I was handing out candy to the little ones. It was fun to see all the different costumes. Here was mine. :)

Sherl
10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Check out Woodlands :) They do the whole trick-or-treating deal full out.

Edit: Oh. I guess it's a bit late now with the time difference since it's like, Nov 1st for you.

I'll have to wait till next year then lol! Thanks for the heads up :D Woodlands is far from where I live, though, so I'll see. Hope your Halloween was awesome!

Fortuna
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Round here they don't realy celebrate Halloween either. It's a shame :( my friends and I were trying to live things up a bit with a party and some spooky decorations but it's just soo hard getting a hold on stuff around here. Stores only sell like to different masks and some fake cobwebs, they have no imagination what so ever.
ohh well, some day I'll have the most spooky house in the neighborhood, all year round ;)

Spindrift
11-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Here's what I did on actual Halloween night! Ghost tour of Edith Wharton's house in Lenox, MA. She's a prolific American writer who sometimes wrote creepy stuff.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/The_Mount_from_the_Walled_Garden_by_David_Dashiell .jpg

It was totally a spur of the moment decision lol. Beautiful place, intriguing stories.

http://www.edithwharton.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mount_(Lenox,_Massachusetts)

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

Paranormal ActivityEdith Wharton wrote several ghost stories during her career, drawing on her own experience with and interest in the supernatural. As a child, she claimed to be "haunted by formless horrors" and as an adult she remained sensitive to the subject, until her late twenties. Later in life she became more comfortable with the subject, and would go on to write her own ghost stories.
In 1942 The Mount became part of the Foxhollow School for Girls (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Foxhollow_School_for_Girls&action=edit&redlink=1), and residents reported unexplained noises and experiences in the living areas of the mansion. Following the school's closure in 1976, the mansion remained vacant for several years until Shakespeare & Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_%26_Company) used it as a dormitory and performance space. Actors reported the same unexplained sounds and sightings of figures in period dress. In early 2009, SyFy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyFy) television show Ghost Hunters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Hunters) filmed an episode at The Mount, and over the course of three days reported audio and visual evidence of activity, such as the sounds of footsteps in an otherwise empty room, and disembodied voices.
Currently, The Mount offers 'ghost tours' on Friday nights during the summer season. Staff members give tours of the estate, including the stable and the mansion.

Mermaid Saphira
11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I realize this is a bit late but...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN <(: D

Sherl
11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Here's what I did on actual Halloween night! Ghost tour of Edith Wharton's house in Lenox, MA. She's a prolific American writer who sometimes wrote creepy stuff.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/The_Mount_from_the_Walled_Garden_by_David_Dashiell .jpg

It was totally a spur of the moment decision lol. Beautiful place, intriguing stories.

http://www.edithwharton.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mount_(Lenox,_Massachusetts)

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

Paranormal Activity

Edith Wharton wrote several ghost stories during her career, drawing on her own experience with and interest in the supernatural. As a child, she claimed to be "haunted by formless horrors" and as an adult she remained sensitive to the subject, until her late twenties. Later in life she became more comfortable with the subject, and would go on to write her own ghost stories.
In 1942 The Mount became part of the Foxhollow School for Girls (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Foxhollow_School_for_Girls&action=edit&redlink=1), and residents reported unexplained noises and experiences in the living areas of the mansion. Following the school's closure in 1976, the mansion remained vacant for several years until Shakespeare & Company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_%26_Company) used it as a dormitory and performance space. Actors reported the same unexplained sounds and sightings of figures in period dress. In early 2009, SyFy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyFy) television show Ghost Hunters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Hunters) filmed an episode at The Mount, and over the course of three days reported audio and visual evidence of activity, such as the sounds of footsteps in an otherwise empty room, and disembodied voices.
Currently, The Mount offers 'ghost tours' on Friday nights during the summer season. Staff members give tours of the estate, including the stable and the mansion.

That is some house and garden! Really can't tell it's the home of a spooky writer XD Those tours sound pretty awesome.

roamingmer
11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Actually this Halloween I think the spookiest house was identified by The Onion Online News
http://onion.com/TurATh

Spindrift
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
@roamingstudio: haha that's pretty good.

Capt Nemo
11-27-2012, 12:47 AM

And here's what she looked like in it!