PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk for mernetwork?

FreshWaterMermaid
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
There's this app on my droid called tapatalk and it's bascially so forums can be viewed and used easily through your smart phone. I've been trying with no luck to add mernetwork as my forum. I can't even search for it to come up... Not sure why...
I'd like to be able to use the app as I'm not very good with forums, the app makes it simple to see threads you're interested in and post relpies, etc.
Let me know if any of you have been able to use this app or if any of you know why I can't get it to work...
Thanks!

Ayla of Duluth
09-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure mernetwork now has a mobile version for your phone. I personally disabled it because I like the desktop version better, but I'm sure there's a way to enable the mobile version so you can just go straight to the forum itself instead of using an app.

FreshWaterMermaid
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
My boyfriend and I use tapatalk for other forums, it's incredibly easy to use and well worth the money.
and I wasn't very impressed with the mobile version of the site :/ which sucks cause I don't always have a computer with me.

Ayla of Duluth
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I dunno, last time I heard, this forum already costs a lot to run and nobody has enough money to help out by donating to the site. I'd talk to an admin and see if it's within the budget.

FreshWaterMermaid
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I didn't know in order to make the site able to be run by tapatalk it would cost. hm.. I'll look into it.

Winged Mermaid
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I looked into it, it says that it's free for forums to install it, and it does support vBulletin. It is $3 for people to buy the app to use it though. The instillation looks simple enough. We can see if we can give it a go, and post an update later!

http://mernetwork.com/index/image.php?u=2&type=sigpic&dateline=1310510451

Winged Mermaid
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Alright, I installed it! I usually let Malinghi do the installations, so let me know if it works!!

FreshWaterMermaid
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Alright, I installed it! I usually let Malinghi do the installations, so let me know if it works!!

I saw the facebook post! So excited!!!

But what search criteria did you put? I can't see to get it to come up yet......

Winged Mermaid
09-12-2012, 08:53 PM
You need to put in search criteria? I just followed the instructions on how to install the thing (http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=vbulletin). I even verified Push Notification works the forum. I can't find anything on setting anything like that anywhere :/ It says that it should automatically notify mobile users that they can use Tapatalk when they log on to the site with a mobile device.

Dacora
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Try searching for it now. It took it quite some time for it to show up in the search bar for me. Im just now able to get on it with tapatalk.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

FreshWaterMermaid
09-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Awesome!
Thanks guys! Good move!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2