PDA

View Full Version : Triple XXX Latex How To's

Mer_Adella
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Ok so after reading some threads i have thought about latex alot when considering keeping my tail looking good (its fabric) and making the paint stick (idea from Ilonka). I found the latex site and am happy about it. But my next problem is ...
how do you use the stuff?

I know , I know there are probably a MILLION + 1 places on mernetwork i can read about this very problem. I was just hoping that someone could either tell me on this thread, or send me the link of how to do it. Basically i have a nylon/spandex tail that I am adding sequins to. The fluke is all that will be painted.

AniaR
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
it's already documented extremely well with images right here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?553-Archive-quot-Using-ALEX-for-Tails-quot it's the second thread in the list :p lol. Honestly, you should be looking at this link before you keep posting because EVERYTHING that's on mernetwork is organized right here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?2633-%E2%98%86%E2%9A%A0TAILMAKING-REFERENCE-INDEX%E2%9A%A0%E2%98%86-Look-here-BEFORE-you-post-any-questions! there's lots of members who contributed that aren't as active any more, and the whole point is we ask questions that aren't already answered there so those posts can get incorporated into the main thread. That way whenever people want tail making info it's all in one space instead of seeing threads and threads of the same people asking the same questions :)

Ilonka
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
It's really easy to use. Xxx in particular is very thin and runny so its good for mixing with paint, use either powder pigments, water based dyes, latex paints or water based acrylic paint.
With xxx its best to use a sponge brush or sponge roller, buy a couple because latex will ruin them. Just sponge it on as smooth as possible but be warned latex shrinks when it dries and can mess up thin fabric so be sure you are using neoprene or a thick spandex.

Monstermaker's is more like a paste and can be mixed with water to thin it out a bit, I like it because it won't run and you can use the same scale technique as used with Alex plus and other caulking. It dries very slow so you have to be very patient and careful, it also doent shrink as much as xxx.
Downside is that it dries grey, but it takes latex paint very well.

Hope that helps, you could always pm me for more help :)